Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:41:57 PM
714412 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  small video store = big SCORE!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: small video store = big SCORE!!  (Read 1198 times)
mr. henry
« on: July 11, 2002, 08:46:50 PM »

i was out buying "royal tenenbaums" criterion edition when i stopped in a small video store...not expecting much...maybe a couple beat up 1.99 sales on tape.

but here's what i got:

biker zombies from detroit (DVD!) - 2.99
mind meld (shatner and nimoy) (DVD!) - 2.44!

(drum roll)

meet the feebles (DVD!) - 2.99

now i'll finally see feebles!

-mr. h
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 09:41:04 PM »

I envy you!

I want to see meet the feebles but I'm too lazy to order it on the internet and don't want to spend the money on it. But I do want to see it. Hmm..

I'm going to my local Buy/Sell store tommorow, I go there like every week. They get new movies every time I go there ususally.

Maybe tommorow i'll find something good (I have found some hidden gems there [The Lift, Revenge of the radioactive reporter]

I never thought Any of those movies would float into this little town.

-Dan
Lee
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2002, 11:52:22 PM »

Henry you lucky bastard! Where's that store? I need to get over there!!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2002, 12:52:49 AM »

I've been picking up movies on the cheap from a video liquidator on eBay.

They're TBC Video, and here is just one of their auctions.

I never bid more than their base price of $1.88.  Since they ship the different auctions at the same time, I usually end up spending about $3.00 per movie.

Some titles I've bought: THE BRAIN, R.O.T.O.R., MIRACLE MILE, CONSUMING PASSIONS, HOUSE II, JOCKS, DON'T GO IN THE BASEMENT, DEAD HEAT, PSYCHO COP and SLAPSTICK.

Sure these pithy titles on old VHS tapes don't hold up to mr. henry's DVD selection, but it's cheap and they have what I'm looking for, i.e. pure crap.
Will
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2002, 08:38:55 AM »

the DVD versions of Meet the Feebles are really poor right now. Dark and murky and kind of grainy. But definitely worth $3!
mr. henry
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2002, 02:25:54 PM »

feebles: yes. the dvd is a dark print. i wouldn't buy it full price. but for 2.99...that's less than some dvd rental prices.

i had to look at the prices several times. i couldn't believe how cheap they were. and in very good condition. and feebles? it's the copy with "by peter jackson director of lord of the rings" on the cover. you'd think they'd be getting some rentals on that one now that he's a mainstream name. (maybe they got too many complaints---it was in a small town in central illinois)

i feel like the store will be gone if i go back.

they didn't have very much to choose from though...but i might go back and get "eyes of the werewolf" and some other direct-to-video "horror" gems.

haven't watched "mind meld" yet...i heard on howard stern that shatner passes wind. (i need a new hobby)

for a while i was getting lucky at schlockbuster...when they were first getting rid of their really old or b-movies...for 99 cents. lately though, every schlockbuster is selling used vhs from 4.99 and up to 14 bucks? who buys still-in-print used tapes for 9.99 anyway?

-mr henry
Occasional Detroit
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2002, 05:58:48 PM »

I hpoe you like it we are the black couple in the diner scene we are Beyababa&Frenchie (Occasional Detroit) http://www.mp3.com/occasionaldetroit
we also have an electronic music snippet in the film.
Deena
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2002, 08:21:22 PM »

I'm so jealous about the feebles find.  You'd think in this town with 800 million stores they would have some stores with a decent selection of used movies.  Thank god for the mom and pop rental place i found with the greatest selection of bad horror this side of horror heaven.  (Shout out to Plan 9 Video!)  Speaking of which i must take some movies back.  (the fearless vampire killers sucked, btw)

Deena
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 12:16:34 AM »

hey occasional detroit...what do you mean by MORE!!!

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  small video store = big SCORE!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.