Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:01 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: More Disturbing Commercial Jingles « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: More Disturbing Commercial Jingles  (Read 1779 times)
John Morgan
« on: June 28, 2002, 12:06:45 PM »

Has anyone noticed the jingle for those little Goldfish snacks, those cheddar cheese crackers shaped like little fish.

"The snack that smiles back, UNTIL YOU BITE THEIR HEADS OFF"

It gives me the willies every time I hear it.  I can just hear the little fish:

"DON'T BITE MY HEAD OFF! PLEASE DON'T! I'M SMILING HERE!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"
sm
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 12:18:56 PM »

I'm glad i'm not the only one. Everytime I hear that I wonder if that was meant to be funny or just EVYIL.

o/~ fish heads..fish heads..rolly polly fish heads...fish heads..fish heads...eat them up..YUM
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 03:38:28 PM »

I've always thought that commercial was a put on. I know its real, now, but i've listened to so many parodys, and funny promos from WLW and other radio stations, i could NOT believe my ears. Maby some promptions exec has missed takeing his medication?
sm
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 03:50:23 PM »

should we ban together as P.E.T.A.C?
(people for ethical treatment of animal crackers)

unite!
sm
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 04:02:33 PM »

Anyone want to contribute to the list of disturbing commercials?

One that always bothered me and on topic of the movies was when I go to the theater I see that really cheesy commercial. I'm trying to remember the details but I think it has to do with a box of popcorn taking a soda out to the movies on a date. What bugged me was he goes to the snack bar and buys...a soda! Then at the seats there he is..sitting next to his soda date slurping on a soda?  What exactly is THAT suggesting.

Also our theater shows another entrace feature where the camera is moving and goes to some animated city....before that one image has a mans head appear in the glassed counter of popcorn.  Hmmmm?!
raj
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 04:37:25 PM »

Disturbing, yet effective.  It's gotten us to think about, and talk about  Goldfish, which I hadn't done in months.  I'm still waiting to see the ad.
D
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2002, 01:07:33 PM »

How about that one for those Gramham cracker shaped bears? The one with the kid playing with one near a glass of milk. The kid's actng like the bear is alive, but he keeps dropping the thing over and over, until he drops the bear into the milk. He says: "Hang on, I'll save you!" Then he picks the bear...and eats him. For some reason, I can think of the bear screaming over and over as he is picked up and dropped endlessly, then dropped in the milk (and some insane reason, it looks like the bear is frowning, maybe it's just the milk) The ad ends with the kid eyeing the other bears in the box
BlackAngel
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2002, 08:03:01 PM »

As for the tv commercials, that McDonals' commercial with that song "Put a smile on".  Even though I'm not afraid of clowns, I thought that was terrifying.

For the movies, you ever seen the one for those movie tickets you can get through the 'net?  It has a family acting like they're on a military mission to go to the movies.  I thought it was the stupidest movie commercial i've seen.

One other commercial I think is THE MOST distubing of all is the Operation commercials.  Think about it, this game has been around for a long time for the kids to pick up funny bones, ribs, wishbones, etc. carefully, from the "patient" without getting buzzed in the process.  Now, could it be that your or your families'/friends' doctor or dentist could be that very same kid with the most butter of butterfingers, dead twig-like wrists, getting buzzed so many times that he/she thinks it's more like a slight euphoric sensation?  Think about that.
sm
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »

All McDonalds commercials involving Ronald are scary to me. I think I've been traumatized since seeing Bozo back in the 70's but after seeing movies like "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" and Stephen Kings "IT" well that was just the finishing touch. There's one commercial where a girl is crying or something and the daddy is trying to make her smile by doing goofy things...then she smiles but it's because ronald mcdonald is waving at her in the background...God that freaks me out!  

As for other commercials (not jingles) there was one i remember from years back that had a sandwhich in the refridgerator talking. Olive eyes and all..now everytime i see a sandwhich I think of that.
Flangepart
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2002, 01:32:17 PM »

Clowns....why did it have to be...clowns!? Clowns, Danish or what ever, are weird. I never liked the cicrus, and i never liked clowns. Why? Because clowns are E-vil! Do i realy have to spell it out for anyone? Good...diden't think so.
Babydoll
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2002, 02:18:09 PM »

What about sitting on the side of the road when your car breaks down and all you do is think about what Commercial Jingles you remember?  That is scary when you remember the words to a commercial.
mr. henry
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2002, 05:35:50 PM »

not to be negative but...i hate the goldfish commercial...not because it's creepy though.

it's done in a fakey phish, or that one we're-so-clever-and-acoustic-band that was popular for 14:59...barenaked ladies.

i think it's supposed to be ironic...saying something that doesn't rhyme and you wouldn't expect in the context of a commercial...hahah...yeah, not funny...just comes off as an "edgy" pre-schooler song.

i'm also sick of car commercials using rock songs...like the buzzcocks or the specials...thanks, now i can't play my old tunes without thinking about car payments...which means those songs now induce anxiety when i hear them.

-mr. henry
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: More Disturbing Commercial Jingles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.