Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:33:01 PM
715890 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Check this Movie Out !!! You MUST ! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Check this Movie Out !!! You MUST !  (Read 906 times)
Scott Muir
« on: June 29, 2002, 11:10:40 PM »

I have the best bad movie for you. It has everything !!! I posted this in another thread but it dissapeared...
ANYWAY...
"WAR OF THE ROBOTS" Direscted by Al Bradly  and starring..Antonio Sabato, Yanti Somer, Melissa Long, and even a special guest star...Mickey Pilgrim (I'm not making this up... it says he's a special guest star in the credits!)  This movie has it all folks.. Everything a bad movie fan could want and more.  It's an Itallian made sci fi film from the 70's. Aparently the director had a grand vision for this movie after seeing Star Wars. Unfortunately, he couldn't write a scipt very well, nor pick decent actors very well, nor could he direct well...well heck.. I don't think he could do anything. This movie is hilarious (and it's meant to be serious). It's funier than Plan 9 From outer Space. Half the shots, the person speaking is off camera (especially when they should be on camera). They play the most innapropriate music at the most inapropriate times (IE durring a daring escape from the villain's planet, the music turns into this new age synth music that is trying to sound like the spaceflight scenes from 2001:A Space odessey.) The army of evil robots look like about 10 little Dutch boys all grown up wearing skin tight silver suits. The good guys ship is called "The Trissy". There is a villain who we never get to see who leads an attack on the good guy's ship who aparently goes by the name "General Gonad" (I'm not making this up ! The director made this to be a serious sci fi film!) Oh and not to mention that the pilot of the good guy's ship is this funny looking guy in a silver skin tight space suit...wearing COWBOY BOOTS. The reall funny thing about him is that he's supposed to be from Texas...and the film was reccorded in Itallian and then dubbed over in English....BRITISH style English... So whenever he speaks... he has this hilarious Brittish/bad southern drawl ! Oh yeah.. and they tend to talk about their personal relationships in touching moments... like in the heat of interstellar battle (IE "They're coming in for a seccond attack" "You know, you shouldn't be trying so hard to get the capatain's attentions.. eventually, he'll notice you." "FIRE !!" "... But I've tried.. all he seems to be interested in is ...HER.. the queen.." *BOOM!*)
I serously reccomend this movie !! I'm surprised it's not on the review list. I'm just going to have to write a review I guess.  Give me some time to muddle through another viewing of this piece of sh**  er..um...  I mean...shurely fine cinema. :)
-Scott-
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2002, 01:18:17 PM »

Woo. Sounds promising! Good MST material. "The Trissy"? Thats a name for a spaceship? If the bad guys zap it with a laser, does that make it a "Trissy hit?" oh, yes, this sounds promising!
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 01:24:13 PM »

You know, at one point I actually had two copies of this movie in my collection.  One I recognized the title, "War of the Robots," but the other was under the name "Reactor."

Often, when it comes time to pick a b-movie for the night, I offer Katie three choices.  Well, the one night I offered up "War of the Robots," a film lost in memory, and "Reactor."  She selected "Reactor."  We got about 5 minutes into the film and I exclaimed "This is 'War of the Robots' under another name!"  She seemed angry with me...

Andrew
Scott
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2002, 05:02:47 PM »

We should ship off an email to Mike Nelson about this movie.  He would rekindle MST3K for one more episode if he discovered this one !  I wonder why they never made a sequel to "War of the Robots"  ?
Anyway.. this movie desperately needs to be featured on this site ! :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Check this Movie Out !!! You MUST ! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.