Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:09:46 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2003 Flicks « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2003 Flicks  (Read 3832 times)
sm
« on: June 28, 2002, 12:17:33 PM »

2003 Flicks from hell! Next year looks big but it also looks bad. While making a list of some of the more popular title releases I began to not only notice alot of sequels but films that look like straight to video (or straight to hell!) If anyone read "Dreamcatcher" then it might be shocking to know it was not only made into a movie but morgan freeman is attatched. The book was about a space aliens who put parasites in these guys that got diahhrea and eventually poo'd the aliens right out. Sounds like a real box office winner eh? LOL Well anyhow, review the list at   http://www.geocities.com/smvgrey/2003.html
then feel free to post your comments on some of these films.

Hmm...do we really *need* to see "Freddy vs. Jason"?
ErikJ
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 01:07:10 PM »

Anaconda 2????? Are we to be treated to the same bad CGI as in the first? What could be worse than this? Komodo 2 Dear God don't let them hear me(Actually I liked Komodo just can't see a reason for a sequel)
sm
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 01:21:36 PM »

>>Anaconda 2????? Are we to be treated to the same bad CGI as in the first? What could be worse than this?<<

Pat Morita in the starring role? Mr. Miagi takes on a big snake...haiiiiiiya!

Maybe the bad snake movies are resurfacing. I dunno, somehow THAT sequel doesn't scare me as much as a remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". This is just a very BAD idea.
Cullen
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 01:27:28 PM »

Sm writes:

The book ["Dreamcatcher"] was about a space aliens who put parasites in these guys that got diahhrea and eventually poo'd the aliens right out.
In the book, the aliens bring along parasites that infect nearly everybody that comes in contact with them.  This infection causes the farts.  And not once does anyone poo the parasites out.  They don't wait that long.

Also, technically, the aliens were a Macgufffin.  The real threat comes from one of the infected people, who believes himself possessed by the aliens.

The book wasn’t one of King’s best in recent years (“The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon” takes that honor) but I can see how they can make a decent movie out of it.  Now, whether or not they do is another matter.
ErikJ
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 01:29:27 PM »

Didn't they say the remake would be without gore? I can understand why the original didn't have gore. But why this? And isn't from the same guy who gave us Pearl Harbor?
sm
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 01:32:33 PM »

>>And not once does anyone poo the parasites out. They don't wait that long.
<<

I seem to rememeber a scene involving someone sitting on a toilet and yes...one made it's way out while the others basically wanted to see what was "splashing" inside.

I'm a fan of some of kinds work but I think at times he goes a little over the top into the "eye rolling" category. The book was probably one of my least favorites by him but I guess his stuff is almost bankable these days that hollywood can manage to make any of it work if they get the right cast involved. I dunno, I liked MOrgan Freeman in the adaptation of "Shawshank", I just shudder at the idea of him in this one...for me the only way to make it work is to really change it...change it ALOT.  Some of his stories seem to me they might only work on the Sci-Fi channel or TNT...not the theater.

I liked "The girl who loved tom gordon" too..it was short, and I think it would have made a more interesting movie if I had to choose - although I doubt audiences would pile into a theater to watch a movie about a young girl lost in the woods. Then again they watched a movie about a man stranded on a deserted island.
sm
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 01:38:11 PM »

Unsure on gore - the rating is still in question. Michael Bay (Pearl Harbor, Armageddon) does produce and since I think he sits on the committe of directors against violence we probably won't see lots of chunky blood.  I simply don't see the "point". The original is a classic for many - why does hollywood always feel the need to remake everything? Oh yeah, they're low on originality.
Cullen
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2002, 01:36:41 AM »

When I first posted, I (mis)remembered the suckers coming out the stomach, but King did call them "s**t weasels" didn't he?  Doesn't realy change what I said that much (they were, and pardon my crudity, assbursters after all).

And they would have to change it a lot to get it out.  

However, I think Morgan Freeman's name being attached to the project is a good thing.  Bound to be a class production, right?
sm
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2002, 02:35:59 AM »

>>I (mis)remembered the suckers coming out the stomach,but King did call them "s**t weasels" didn't he?<<

Yeah, it wasn't "Alien"..lol. It was Montizumas revenge meets godzilla.  Probably the most suspenseful part of the book was them wondering what the splooshing noise was in the toilet and wanting to take a peek. After that I think even I began to get stomach cramps.

you think they'll use that colorful name throughout the film? ;-)
Yet somehow Morgan Freeman could say anything and make it sound good.

I dunno, I like freeman even if I hate the movies he appears in - which for the most part have been mediocre. (he's had hit flicks but his name doesn't guarantee a great film)
Steven Millan
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2002, 03:56:32 AM »

I really wished that the new "Desperado" flick,"Once Upon A Time In Mexico",was already out(instead of next year),which frustrates me that I'll have to wait a year longer now for Robert Rodriguez's new action-filled flick to hit the big screen,since all of those photos with the Desperado and his new weapons really makes this look like it'll heavily kick more ass than we'll likely to expect.
BlackAngel
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2002, 01:50:30 PM »

Did we do something to anger you?  Okay, I admit it !  I gave Flange the marijuana brownies and cookies with the cocaine sugar and I'm deeply, deeply sorry and I beseech you for forgiveness.  But please, please, please, PLEASE, do not subject us to the mind numbing, red flaming hot  hell that is Mortal Kombat.  Anihi--I mean, Abomination was the worst installment of the series, the final nail in the movie coffin.  But  NOOOOOOOO, these geniuses had to come up with Domination.

Genius #1: Duh, you wanna make anudda Mortal Kombat movie?

Genius #2: Ummmmmm, okay (giggles)

Did they not see the bad storytelling?  Did they not see the over acting (Shao Khan)?  Did they not see the way Liu Kang get his ass handed to him by almost every character in that flick and yet still come out on top?  Did they not see the "black man's death" of Johnny Cage?  I sence the dark skies of Armageddon brewing when this movie is released (even in video or dvd).  Hide the women and the children, the end of the world IS near!!!!!!!!!!
sm
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2002, 04:35:03 PM »

Beware.

Never..under any circumstances, mock or anger the movie gods!

Else in 2004 you'll be seeing "return of the teenage mutant ninja turtles" starring none other than corey feldman!

so let it be written...so let it be done
john
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2002, 11:26:03 PM »

I kind of liked Mortal Kombat Conquest (the series). At least it had Kristanna Loken in a leather bikini top. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2003 Flicks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.