Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:58:26 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We must take a stand « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: We must take a stand  (Read 4671 times)
Cullen
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2002, 10:15:29 PM »

Really want to know.  Go here.
John
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2002, 05:55:36 AM »

>actually the only metal musician that comes to mind that has appeared in
>movies,

Umm, I'm not an expert in this area as I never into metal, but Gene Simmons has appeared in a few movies, then there was Dee Snider's Strangeland. Oh, don't forget Alice Cooper.
Squishy
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2002, 06:37:10 AM »

I can't say anything about the subject that hasn't already been said--oh, okay, this: Marky Mark may be a good actor, but he's also no longer pushing himself as a singer. Spare me anyone who insists upon keeping a stage name with "Ice" in it; Ice-T may be okay, but with a name like that it's impossible to take him seriously, and people keep on confusing him with Ice Cube, who just provokes giggles.

BUT an easier way to access umlauts and so forth: find your "Character Map" in the Start Menu (mine was under Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools) and drag the icon to your toolbar.
Deej
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2002, 09:41:52 AM »

I agree with the whole rapper as actor thing, with a few exceptions. But as someone else mentioned, why stop there? Can't we lose Roger Daltrey, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Sting, Jon BonJovi, John Mercury-Cougar Melonballs, George Strait, Dame Paul McCartney, ANY member of N'Sync, and everyother blow-dried twit who thinks he/she is entitled to act because they sold a record? But, hey...I'm not bitter or anything.
 And furthermore, most of the rappers that are cast in the movies are done so just to cash in on their names. Jarule(sp?) was hyped up as being one of the stars of the Fast and the Furious, but was only in it for 20 seconds (can't blame the crappy movie on him). Just cynical marketing. But, it works. I shelled out 2 bucks in 81 to see Caveman because I thought Ringo was neato (actually my folks shelled out 2 bucks..I was 6). Anyways, the only way to stop them is to find them, kill them, and eat them...who's with me? (crickets)
DJ
Tommy
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2002, 04:41:40 PM »

Singer/Actors are the worst – Especially the new “hip-hop” wannabe rap type.  Let’s see we have Mandy Moore, Britney Spears and Will Smith.  Mandy and Brit are using their influence over little 12 yr. old girls to empty their parent’s wallet, while Willie always acts like the Fresh Prince in every movie.  Somehow that works for him though...  there must be a huge Fresh Prince following.  I’m just very thankful that no one has tried to make an N’sync movie.
Tommy
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2002, 04:43:30 PM »

Squishy, shut up...
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2002, 02:56:00 AM »

we shouldn't do away with these people altogether...isn't this where a lot of the new crop of bad movies are coming from?...from musicians trying to break into acting?...ice cube was in "anaconda" right? andrew recently reviewed vanilla ice's bad movie...and 'ol 'nilla ice was in TMNT-2?-3?-whatever? i'll get around to seeing "glitter" at some point...that is supposed to be awful.

i haven't seen it yet, but that snoop movie (mr. bones?)  looks to be "interesting" too.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Susan
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2002, 03:00:27 PM »

So everyone is against, mostly, musicians breaking into acting. It's been done for some years but not to this excess - I mean now it's just another way for the narcasistic greedy tendencies of celebrities to manifestate. (same with actors who are turning to music. I mean did I have to be subjected to "Duets"? Not only an actress turning to music but a musician turning to acting (not his first go at it tho, but probably his biggest role)

Rappers pretty much always done it from Kid n' play to fat boys to ll cool j, list goes on. What about rock stars? Well - Sting has had a shot at it (tho i admit to liking The Bride). And..well what about the KISS movie? ;-)

Actually I think MTV has alot to do with it. singers make a video and feel like it's just basically a mini-movie. Video not only killed the radio star, but it created monsters!

susan
http://www.geocities.com/smvgrey/index.html
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2002, 03:09:30 PM »

If they can act, let them act.

If they can sing, let them sing.

If they can do both, let them do both.

Simple as that.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
John
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2002, 08:42:26 PM »

>while Willie always acts like the Fresh Prince in every movie. Somehow that
>works for him though... there must be a huge Fresh Prince following.

I like Will Smith when he's not being a goofball. While I thought the movie itself stunk, I did like some of Smith's scenes in The Wild Wild West.

>i haven't seen it yet, but that snoop movie (mr. bones?) looks to be "interesting"

You mean Bonez? It was ok. Some parts were dumb.

>Sting has had a shot at it (tho i admit to liking The Bride). And..well what about the
>KISS movie? ;-)

I liked The Bride too. I also thought he did fairly well in Dune. KISS movie? You mean KISS Meets the Phantom? :)
Drezzy
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2002, 11:50:48 PM »

Glam rock is not metal...=)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  We must take a stand « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.