Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:36:26 PM
714405 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "holy grail"-type movies we want to get « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "holy grail"-type movies we want to get  (Read 7332 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 16, 2002, 03:04:51 AM »

i thought it'd be cool to hear what movies some of us are looking for or that we'd like to get...maybe they're too expensive or really hard to find.

some i was thinking of are:

The Garbage Pail Kids (only on VHS. expensive used ($50+). out of print.)
Over-Sexed Rugsuckers From Mars (ditto. goes for around 40 bucks VHS)
david cronenberg's really early stuff.
Chicken Park (on IMDB bottom-100. only foreign ordering on amazon, etc.)

i guess there is also that jerry lewis "a beautiful life"-type concentration camp movie also.

i know you can get bootleg "fantastic four" but if there was ever a "legitimate" type copy with a professional cover, that would be cool.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 04:00:42 AM »

Movie-wise, I'd like the new Godzillas and Gameras.   I've become enamoured with Japanese Horror Flicks, so a few of those wouldn't be too bad.  Subtitled prefered, but not required.   And Forever Evil , though not as bad as the other films.

Right now, however, I'm not in "aquire movie" mode.  I've discovered Doctor Who audios, featuring Doctor Who cast members.  Plus, there are the missing episodes also on CD.  Those are the Holy Grail for me.

Unfortunately, shortage of funds is my bane.  Oh well.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 04:55:36 AM »

Others that surprisingly go for big bucks on Ebay include:

RAD - anywhere from $40 to $100

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS - $65+ for a legit release that I believe was recorded in EP mode so its not even of great quality

BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - ranges from $25 - $40

WACKY WORLD OF DR. MORGUS - $30 - $50

CAPTAIN AMERICA (90s movie) - $20+ Note: anything over a penny is too much for that one if you ask me.

MST3K: THE MOVIE DVD - $70 minimum
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 10:58:44 AM »

I WOKE UP EARLY THE DAY I DIED - A recently produced Ed Wood script-- I can't find this one ANYWHERE.

THE LOVED ONE - Usually around $50 on eBay.

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS - Saw this one on TV years ago, and have wanted it ever since. Hearing Devo's cover of the theme song only made me want it more.
Will
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 03:54:40 PM »

Lunatics: A Love Story is somewhere around $70.....

Naked Lunch and The Brood by Cronenberg are hard to get, but I managed to find each recently for only a few bucks.

Michele Soavi's The Sect (Aka Daughter of the Devil, I think) I can't find anywhere, much less a price.

Garbage Pail Kids I managed to finagle for free, which is good because I may have eventually snapped and dropped $40 at a consignment store.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 04:30:52 PM »

hey will,

OT question (about garbage pail kids):

is there any scene with a "greaser"-type character? maybe with a switchblade theatening some of the other characters? reason i ask is in "the borrower" there is a scene with a puppet-type show on tv in the background. it sort of looks like picures i've seen of the garbage pail kids movie.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 04:41:33 PM »

"Michele Soavi's The Sect (Aka Daughter of the Devil, I think) I can't find anywhere, much less a price."

Amazon.com is selling used copies at around $6.45.  Look under Daughter of the Devil.  When I was there they said they had four copies left, so hurry.

Edit - I don't know how they do their used stuff, or anything else.  Take it under advisement, okay?

lester1/2jr
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 06:09:13 PM »

I'm zeroing in on one of the holy grails of kung fu movies (besides the entire Shaw bros catalogue but that's a whole other story) called "Masters of Wudang".  It's 6 hours long all in Chinese.  Should be dope.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 09:38:22 PM »

right now I really want a copy of RikiOh. Badly. I can't seem to think of anything else I really want.

I don't have a copy of Dead-Alive yet either. I'd like a copy of the BLOB remake.

They're not hard to find but I want them. :p

Maybe Ivan Rietmans first movie (i forget the title at this moment), but it was a zombie movie and it had Eugene Levy in it.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 11:17:33 PM »

"Maybe Ivan Rietmans first movie (i forget the title at this moment), but it was a zombie movie and it had Eugene Levy in it."

The film was Cannibal Girls .  Not that I knew that off the top of my head...

Never seen it, but it sounds intresting.

Drezzy
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 11:27:30 PM »

They Live! and Return Of The Living Dead...

Luckily, ROTLD comes out in August on DVD, with actual features and not just a bare-bones disc as all originally feared...although that's no news...it still makes Drezzy a happy Necrominator =)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

Re:
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 11:34:20 PM »

I was looking for a rental of STUDENT BODIES for a long time.  Finally I just broke down and bought it off eBay.  Not really a Holy Grail, as isn't to expensive in auctions, just really hard to find a rental for.

I also count myself as one of the people who would love to have a copy of GARBAGE PAIL KIDS.  Funny, considering how terrible the movie is.

>>OT question (about garbage pail kids):

is there any scene with a "greaser"-type character? maybe with a switchblade theatening some of the other characters? reason i ask is in "the borrower" there is a scene with a puppet-type show on tv in the background. it sort of looks like picures i've seen of the garbage pail kids movie.

-mr. henry<<

Also funny is that I found myself in the exact opposite situation.  I was looking for a movie I saw that featured a clip from GPK in the background.  THE BORROWER doesn't sound right, though.  I guess I'll have to check it out.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Brian Ringler
Re:
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2002, 12:08:06 AM »

A couple that bother me because they are so much.

Salo - Criterion edition Dvd

Legend of Billie Jean - I took a random gas station video sale for me to finally find a copy at $5 bucks but before that I couldn't find it below $20.00

I await the day companies get the guts to release some of these hard to find movies to dvd because I'm sick of crappy vhs copies of movies like Wacko, Summer Camp Nightmare and Garbage Pail Kids which I would buy on day of release on dvd if they ever get one.
mmv3000
Re:
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2002, 01:04:03 AM »

The stuff I haven't been able to find in my many years of searching...some of these appear to be totally lost....

*L’INCONNU DE SHANDIGOR (1967 Swiss film about a mad dr and his sea monster)
*SPACE MONSTER (60’s sci-fi with giant crabs as alien monsters)
*"COZILLA" (Italian colorized re-edit of GODZILLA '54)
*DEMON FROM DEVIL'S LAKE – 60’s flick about test animals merging into one giant monster
*GOGOLA (all but lost Indian Daikaiju movie)
*GUNS OF EL CHUPACABRA – With Julie Strain
*PETRIFIED BEAST OF THE FORBIDDEN ZONE – Indie Bigfoot movie
*MONSTER WANGMAGWI – lost Korean kaiju?
*THE PHOENIX ('70s Japanese period piece w/ Richard Kiel)
*YOUNG GU AND THE DINOSAUR JUJU
*LEGEND OF THE PHOENIX (aka PEACOCK KING)
*SON OF TOR (Don Glut amateur film with lots of recognizable monsters: Kong, Godzilla, etc)
*ALIEN BEASTS (really low budget drek, "aliens" running around in t-shirts and jeans kill humans)
*BLEAK FUTURE (low-budget ROAD WARRIOR style movie)
*CLONES OF BRUCE LEE
*DARK POWER (forgot what's in this one, but it's been on my "want" list for years now, so...)
*HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN 1997 (the tv mini-series "remake")
*LEGEND OF CHUPACABRA (someone mentioned this one when I was asking about GUNS OF CHUPACABRA, so I want to find this one too)
*REPLIGATOR (NOT REPLIKATOR, this one is about a lizard-headed scientist, with Brinke Stevens)
*TOAD WARRIOR (part 3 to the FROGTOWN series, this one starring Julie Strain; may be aka ROAD TOAD)
*SHARK (2001 no-budget flick)
*ALIEN DEGLI ABISSI (Italian flick about a monster in a volcano – aka ALIEN FROM THE DEEP)
*TOILET GATOR (kid flushed gator, it starts “popping” up in other apt toilets.)
*GREAT WHITE (JAWS rip-off – aka LAST SHARK)
*TINTORERA (another JAWS rip-off)
*DRAGON TUKA (more Ray Shim)
*ROBO-VAMPIRE (mainly if I can get the cheesy cover too, with a Robocop rip-off on it)
Susan
Re:
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2002, 01:15:57 AM »

Check on EBAY. A couple of your titles can be found there. "The dark power" is bidding at $7.00

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "holy grail"-type movies we want to get « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.