Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:38:56 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  death becomes her « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: death becomes her  (Read 1743 times)
Susan
« on: July 27, 2002, 02:53:39 AM »

I think "Death Becomes Her' is pretty underrated. Looks like AMC is showing special FX every weekend and they're showing behind teh scenes of making this movie. I haven't seen it in awhile but what could be funnier than two corpses beating the crap out of eachother as they try to do eachother in once at for all? It had good dark humor even tho it was trying to be a big hollywood picture with the casting and director. Trying to remember why it's familiar. I remember the cornball "My boyfriends back" had to do with the corpse coming back and having problems keeping his body maintaned (ie: parts were falling off) - not sure if that's it.

raj
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 01:56:03 PM »

Good idea for a movie, what with Hollywood's obsession with youth.  The execution was a bit flat, IMO.  Same thing with that Sylvester Stallone/Sandra Bullock movie, set in the future (forgot its name).  Very good target  of social commentary, but they miss the mark.
Susan
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 02:11:29 PM »

>>The execution was a bit flat, IMO. Same thing with that Sylvester Stallone/Sandra Bullock movie, set in the future (forgot its name). <<

Judge Dredd? No wait..demolition man. Be well John Spartan. I still never understood the seashell thing. I didn't like it's portrayal of the future, it was a little over the top. The future doesn't always have to look like Blade Runner, but nobody is going to believe one where everybody is actually happy living a life with no free speech, thinking, sex, bad food, etc. I think more people would have actually been living in the sewers than they showed.

raj
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 04:42:30 PM »

Yes, Demolition Man.  Thanks.  I don't think there was anything to get with the seashells, other than that the future is going to be different in ways we can't think of.

People will put up with no free speech/thinking, and with bad food (just look at a lot of the world).  But no sex?  That one is hard to believe.
Susan
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 05:09:03 PM »

Yeah, it reminded me alot of the world we image Barbarella came from, only more Martha stewart and Barney.

I liked the concept of cryogenics training criminals in a profession (provided the profession is not that of an assassin)

Also - wasn't all the food like taco bell or some fast food places? And nobody was fat? Must be soylent green

John
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 06:46:08 PM »

>Yeah, it reminded me alot of the world we image Barbarella came from, only
>more Martha stewart and Barney.

That's the thing, was the whole world like that or just San Angeles?

>Also - wasn't all the food like taco bell or some fast food places? And nobody

Yup, they won the 'franchise wars'.

>was fat? Must be soylent green

I don't know about that, assistant Bob was a little chubby. Of course he was played by Glen Shadix, AKA Ortho from Beetlejuice.
Susan
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 07:23:50 PM »

>>I don't know about that, assistant Bob was a little chubby. Of course he was played by Glen Shadix, AKA Ortho from Beetlejuice.<<

The one fat guy in san angeles..and it's amazing they didn't shun him to the sewers. Considering conformity seemed to be their motto. One thing creeped me out tho was the relationship between him and bullock. I kept thinking they'd introduce her as that long lost daughter of his. It's like something kept pushing him away from a relationship with her..i thought it would be some revelation at the end. Of course, that might have ruined the virtual sex scene.

John
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 01:16:24 AM »

>sewers. Considering conformity seemed to be their motto. One thing creeped
>me out tho was the relationship between him and bullock. I kept thinking they'd
>introduce her as that long lost daughter of his. It's like something kept pushing
>him away from a relationship with her..i thought it would be some revelation at the
>end. Of course, that might have ruined the virtual sex scene.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

BTW, did you ever notice that Demolition Man and Judge Dread were the same basic story?

Good, but violent cop gets framed for a crime he didn't commit. He's sentenced to prison, but gets out and is helped by a fellow, female officer who defies orders. His nemesis is a criminal that he sent away, but who escapes from prison with the help of a corrupt city official who wants to use him to further his own agenda, and the criminal ends up killing the official. There's a chase where he hands control of his vehicle over to someone not familiar with it and then he confronts the villain in an institution where he's planning to create an army to take over the city. He kills the villain, but the city is left without leadership and must start over.
Susan
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 02:07:11 AM »

>>BTW, did you ever notice that Demolition Man and Judge Dread were the same basic story?<<

which is why i always get them mixed up.

But back to the bullock/stallone thing: I have a feeling that at some point they probably filmed the movie to work out that way..her being the daugher perhaps. But then decided against it and changed some details and left scenes on the cutting room floor. Still it had the essense about it...and that left scenes where any sexual contact or suggestion that took place very disturbing for me. %-/

>>Good, but violent cop gets framed for a crime he didn't commit.<<

Kinda like..Minority Report!  Max Von Sydow was in Judge dredd And minority report. Rob Schneider was in BOTH "demolition Man" and "Judge Dredd".

It is kind of amusing that a previous thread I was talking about commercial jingles and how I love them and inn demolition man it's the only kind of music they're allowed to listen to. Maybe I better be quiet, I could be paving the way of a future law. :-o

o/~ hot dogs..armour hot dogs..

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  death becomes her « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.