Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:14:55 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hmm..subject? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hmm..subject?  (Read 4884 times)
Chadzilla
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2002, 11:27:57 AM »

Sorry, most of the cellphone on the tower footage is used in the trailer (THEY'RE HERE!) but still...sorry again flangeman.
John
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2002, 02:38:59 AM »

>Any commercial that came up with a jingle did themselves a favor. Like or hate
>them - they are stuck in your head for LIFE.

"Call Roto-Rooter, that's the name! And away go troubles down the drain! Call Roto-Rooter!"

>But there have also been catch phrases. "How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-
>S" Tell me you forgot that?

After reading Andrew's review, I will never again be able to watch The Punisher without the phrase "Hairy, unwashed man-ass" popping into my brain. :)
Susan
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2002, 02:47:48 AM »

Who didn't want to learn all the words to the burger song...lettuce cheese onions pickles ..on a sesame seed bun. I still don't know the words but remember the song. ;-)

John
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2002, 03:34:43 AM »

>Who didn't want to learn all the words to the burger song...lettuce cheese onions
>pickles ..on a sesame seed bun. I still don't know the words but remember the
>song. ;-)

"Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" :)
Susan
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2002, 02:15:17 AM »

oh..for anyone who wants to relive the old days - here's a great link to those classic commercial jingles. Try singing that mcdonalds menu song

http://www.80stvthemes.com/commercials/indexb.html

Saturday morning cartoons of the 60's : http://www.tvparty.com/vaultcomsat.html

Somebody find me a 70's commercial site..i wanna hear the tootsie pop song again. Yeah..i'm cheesy that way. And btw if anybody here is from japan i want to talk to you about shipping me some felix gum.

jingles help you remember the product name. Commercials now rarely have jingles and even the "can you hear me now" jerk - i have NO idea what service or phone he's even advertising...not that i care.

John
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2002, 02:08:29 AM »

Can't help with commercials online, but you might be interested in this site, which has links to pages with theme music from old shows;

http://www.tvacres.com/tv_resources_theme_songs.htm

And in this page (it's listed on the above page, but I felt it deserved special mention);

http://www.toontracker.com/realaudio/ttra50.htm

Theme music/songs from cartoon shows, 1930's to 1990's.
Susan
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2002, 02:17:10 AM »

Great john, if I can find the old hercules theme song I'm there. ;-)
You know, you really have to appreciate the internet sometimes. I don't think this generation of kids knows what it's like to go to bed not knowing something. Now 24 hours a day if you wanna know ANYTHING or find anything, you got the net.

ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2002, 02:21:18 AM »

oh my God the Mc Donald's Menu song

Big Mac, Filet-of-Fish, Quarter Pounder, French Fries, Icy Coke, Thick Shake, Sundaes and apples pies.

That is one I do not think I could ever forget. I am hungry now!!!

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

John
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2002, 04:38:45 AM »

>Great john, if I can find the old hercules theme song I'm there. ;-)

The page for 60's cartoons, page 1, has a theme for The Mighty Hercules. I don't know if that's the one you want or not. Real Player required.
raj
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2002, 02:06:21 PM »

Or even cable.  If the Yankees were playing on the west coast, I had to go to bed not knowing what the score was until we got the morning paper.  Though WABC's 4:30 movie was always cool; sometimes they'd have John Wayne week, or Godzilla week, or Planet of the Apes week.  Maybe we don't appreciate things as much these days, when there is so much available.  Thoughts?
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2002, 08:06:36 PM »

I can't believe it
I hear 2 jingles in a row
First for Twix (It's all in the Mix)
And the other for Hershey (Put a smile on your face)
Maybe someone is learning something out there

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

John
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2002, 06:17:25 PM »

Don't forget;

"Gimme a break. Gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar!"
Susan
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2002, 06:22:00 PM »

o/~ sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...almond joys got nuts..mounds DON'T

Jay O'Connor
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2002, 06:24:59 PM »

"I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight"
Susan
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2002, 06:29:14 PM »

That reminds me, when I used to live overseas we had a chicken place called "The Chicken Coop". The logo as a i remember had a chicken in a bucket. I never saw one when i moved back to the states but I wondered if they were some kind of franchise somewhere in the U.S.?

o/~ nobody dosn't like sarah lee

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hmm..subject? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.