Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:02:15 PM
714478 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming Movies! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Upcoming Movies!  (Read 1028 times)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 22, 2002, 01:34:04 PM »

Here are some of the movies that perked my interest on the fangoria upcoming movie list:

THE TOOTH FAIRY (Columbia): Formerly DON'T PEEK: The title character is reimagined as an evil supernatural being that targets a young boy, and only the boyfriend (Chaney Kley) of his sister (BUFFY's Emma Caulfield) can protect him. Jonathan Liebesman makes his directorial debut from Joe Harris' script; John (HUNCHBACK) Fasano is one of the producers.

CABIN FEVER (no distributor yet): You'd have it too if you were stranded in an isolated house with your friends, battling a flesheating virus. David Lynch serves as executive producer of this EVIL DEAD-esque shocker, the feature writing/directing debut of Eli Roth. Michael (URBAN LEGEND) Rosenbaum, Jordan (THE SPECIALS) Ladd and James (SCARY MOVIE 2) DeBello star, with FX by KNB.

EXTREME CLOSE-UP: XCU (no distributor yet): In between producing and development work on Jason's latest adventures, Sean S. Cunningham returned to the director's chair for this thriller, in which the participants in a televised reality show are stalked and murdered by a serial killer. Tim Schlattmann and John Vorhaus scripted.

EYE SEE YOU (Universal): Originally DETOX, then THE OUTPOST, then D-TOX; presumably they'll settle on a moniker and a release date soon. Jim (I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER) Gillespie's thriller casts Sylvester Stallone (trying for another comeback) as Jake Malloy, a police officer who is traumatized by a violent incident. When he goes to a special clinic that specializes in treating cops, someone starts bumping off the other patients and Jake must catch the killer. The supporting cast includes Tom Berenger, Charles Dutton, Polly Walker, Robert Patrick and Kris Kristofferson.

THE GREENSKEEPER (no distributor yet): There are too many low-budget youths-in-an-isolated-place-terrorized-by-a-mad-slasher flicks floating around to list here, but what distinguishes this one is that the titular villain (who uses golf tools to bump off a bunch of young country clubbers having an after-hours party) is played by notorious baseball loudmouth John Rocker! The film was produced and directed by Kevin Greene (who also scripted and has a small role), Adam Johnson and Tripp Norton; Playboy model Christi Taylor and Ron (VARSITY BLUES) Lester co-star.

THE HOLE (Dimension): Thora (GHOST WORLD) Birch and a group of her friends play hooky from school and venture into an underground chamber; not all of them come out alive, and the various explanations for what happened become increasingly scary. Nick Hamm's British psychological chiller has escaped from the U.S. distribution hole, though it's going direct to video.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD (no distributor yet): College students head for a rave on an island off the coast of Florida, only to find themselves trapped in the latest film version of a popular horror video game. Mark (FREE ENTERPRISE) Altman produces (with Dan Bates and Dan Kletzky) and scripted (with THE DEAD HATE THE LIVING!'s Dave Parker); German director Uwe (SANCTIMONY) Boll is at the helm of the movie, which stars Jonathan (FINAL DESTINATION 2) Cherry, Tyron (DINOTOPIA) Leitso, Will (WOLF LAKE) Sanderson (no relation to character actor William Sanderson), Clint (TICKS) Howard, Ellie (HALLOWEEN 4-5) Cornell and Jurgen (RIPPER) Prochnow. The makeup FX are created by Bill Terezakis and his WCT company. A new game will be released to tie in with the feature.

LOVE OBJECT (ContentFilm): An awkward young man (GHOST SHIP's Desmond Harrington) buys a sex doll on-line to help him boost his confidence with women, and while he's soon able to work up the courage to ask out a pretty co-worker (Melissa Sagemiller), the doll then starts to become jealous. Or is it all in his mind? Robert Parigi writes and directs this psychological chiller, which co-stars Rip Torn and Udo Kier.

MY LITTLE EYE (Universal): Five young people agree to take part in a BIG BROTHER-style, 24-hour webcast that requires them to live together in an isolated house for six solid months. As the end of the game nears, tensions start to mount between them--and that's all we'll say about this grim, startling and genuinely nerve-wracking sleeper. Marc Evans directs a cast headed by Sean CW Johnson, Kris (GINGER SNAPS) Lemche, Laura (THEY) Regan, Stephen O'Reilly and Jennifer (CLEOPATRA 2525) Sky.

PIÑATA: SURVIVAL ISLAND (First Look): It's no gift when a group of young people run afoul of a cursed Central American totem. BUFFY's Nicholas Brendon stars, and RINGMASTER's Jaime Pressly is among the eye candy. Written, produced and directed by David and Scott Hillenbrand (KING COBRA), with FX by the Chiodo Bros. (KILLER KLOWNS). The video release has been delayed, 'cause they swear this one will get theatrical play first.

SAMHAIN (no distributor yet): During the titular Druidic festival, a group of vacationing Americans fall victim to a disfigured cannibal, the descendant of a Sawney Bean-like family. This Canada-lensed shocker is scripted and directed by Christian Viel (from a story he wrote with William R. Mariani); the cast includes Richard Greico, Bobbie (X FILES) Phillips, Mark (AMERICAN MOVIE) Borchardt and adult film actresses Chasey Lain, Ginger Lynn Allen and Jenna Jameson, with makeup FX by the gifted Adrien Morot and his Maestro FX team.

WILLARD (New Line): One of way too many remakes in the works these days, this update of 1971's killer-rat classic at least has good people behind the camera (the FINAL DESTINATION team of James Wong and Glen Morgan) and a fun cast. Crispin Glover takes the eccentric title role, with R. Lee Ermey in the Ernest Borgnine part of his nasty boss who runs afoul of Willard's pets, led by rodent heroes Ben and Socrates. Laura (MULHOLLAND DR.) Harring and Jackie Burroughs co-star; the Michael Jackson song "Ben" (from the original movie's sequel) will also make an appearance!

HELLBOY (Revolution Studios): The box-office success of BLADE II has allowed director Guillermo del Toro to get the green light for this dream project, adapted from Mike Mignola's Dark Horse comic. Ron Perlman will star as the red-skinned supernatural superhero battling evil forces, with creature creations by Rick Baker.

THE HOUSE AT THE END OF THE STREET (Universal): Jonathan Mostow, who impressed us mightily with BREAKDOWN, goes for all-out horror with this project, which he'll shoot after wrapping TERMINATOR 3. No plot details have been released, but Mostow says he's aiming for "the scariest movie ever made." Richard Kelly, the young auteur behind the audacious DONNIE DARKO, is scripting.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 01:53:06 PM »

Yes there were quite a few upcoming movies that were attention getting . I would like to know where they get half of the titles to name these movies.  

The Tooth Fairy one might send shivers down the spines of all the children who witness the mere mention of it being released. There will be a lot of teeth laying around.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
Susan
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 02:13:31 PM »

Not sure if I mentioned this in another thread but:

COMING IN 2004:
"Barbarella"
Warner Bros.
Stars: Drew Barrymore (also producing)
Writer: John August (Charlies Angels)

Steven Millan
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 05:47:06 PM »

Thses all sound like really good movies(I'll be light on the "Willard" remake,and will wait till I see it),although "D-Tox" is unfortunately getting a direct-to-video U.S. release later this Fall(word has it that either Artisan or Studio will be handling the video/DVD release).
Drezzy
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 06:25:35 PM »

I think I'm going to like House Of The Dead, as David Altman did a good job on Free Enterprise, and Dave Parker's The Dead Hate The Living! is in my Top 5 list of zombie movies at #4 (1 is ROTLD, 2 is Dead Alive, 3 is NOTLD, and 5 is Dawn).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Upcoming Movies! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.