Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:14 AM
714432 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dracula 2000 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dracula 2000  (Read 1841 times)
Scott
« on: September 02, 2002, 09:06:58 PM »

Just finished DRACULA 2000. Well it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that interesting except at the end when they reveal the true identity of Dracula to be Judas of biblical time. Yes, the same one that betrayed Jesus. This was an interesting twist to the Dracula movies of the past, but it wasn't enough to save this movie. Why do movie people waste a neat idea on poor films with action and actors  that nobody cares about. This idea could have turned the whole Dracula genre around for a strong renewal to the character of Dracula. Oh well.

The vault, weapons and the one female helped the film alittle, but I give it ** out of ***** stars.

Also I'm 37 years old and I believe filmakers are catering to younger audiences and this is taking away from the effectiveness of a good story with great characters. This statement isn't absolute, but just a general statement. Example I liked Dracula 1972 more than Dracula 2000 and both used young people as main characters.
John
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 09:38:31 PM »

>Example I liked Dracula 1972 more than Dracula 2000

I've always liked the Frank Lagella version myself.
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 02:26:47 AM »

I agree with John that "Dracula A.D.:1972" was much better,but "Dracula 2000" was thoroughly entertaining,in its own way,and they at least made Gerald Butler's Dracula a really vicious,mean spirited Dracula,making him much closer to Chritopher Lee's Dracula than the expected pretty-boy-with-fangs routine that we would nowadays expect.
                          It'll be pretty interesting in how the upcoming two direct-to-video sequels will be,and if they'll be any good.
John
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 01:29:39 PM »

>I agree with John that "Dracula A.D.:1972" was much better

Actually, I meant the 1979 version with Frank Langella, Laurence Olivier, Donald Pleasence and Kate Nelligan. That's ok, I like Dracula A.D. 1972 also.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dracula 2000 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.