Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:23:28 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  top 5 movies we have watched the most! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: top 5 movies we have watched the most!  (Read 9860 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 31, 2002, 01:18:33 AM »

ok. here's an interesting one. what 5 flicks have we watched the most?! (leaving out really kids' stuff. think adolescence or adulthood) movies that give us solace and comfort:. (list to 10 if you want.)  and don't limit your selection to just B-movies. i'd like to see youre actual full-on top 5 or top 10-list:

1.groundhog day
2.bottle rocket
3.rushmore
4.christmas story
5. it's a  wonderful life
6. reservoir dogs
7. boogie nights
8.  fast times at ridgemont high
9. empire strikes back
10. nightmare before christmas

(i know. it's hard to think this list up.)

PS: someone please go back a post-page if you can think of a scary movie that scared you when you were young. my thread is almost dead at 91 posts. i just want to PLEASE clear 100. IT'S SOOOOO CLOSE!.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 01:41:56 AM »

Number one would easily be:

THE PRINCESS BRIDE

Then you've probably got:

UHF and THE BIG LEBOWSKI

SCROOGED I watch at least once every Christmas season, so it's got built-in longetivity.

The other crap:

MYSTERY MEN, FROM DUSK TIL DAWN, QUICK CHANGE, AKIRA, MILLER'S CROSSING and 12 MONKEYS

I mostly watch comedies.

Now if it was a childhood list, that would be too troubling to list.  (TROLL, GOTCHA!, THE LAST STARFIGHTER, HAMBURGER: THE MOTION PICTURE. . .)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Susan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 01:43:45 AM »

I cannot even fathom. 90% of films i've seen i've seen more than twice and some i've probably seen over 40 times. If I had to list - and yes I will FESS UP..dammit..lol
not in any particular order and..based on memory not statistics. I don't know if you want films listed that make us feel good or films we think for one reason or another we've seen a bazillion times.

1. The Matrix (who hasn't?)
2. Close encounters of the third kind (even more than jaws!)
3. The Shining - (come out and play with us danny)
4. King Kong (the 1978 version) heh..for reasons I can't explain I love this film ;-)
5. Superman II - (kneel before Zod)
6. Bram stoker's dracula (I am..dracoolya!)
7. Airplane!  (there is no parking in the white zone)
8. The birds (and whether or not it's had any influence on the fact i've been attacked by birds numerous times in my life remains to be seen)
9.  Flash Gordon (I like to play with things awhile, before annihilation!)
10. Urban cowboy (ahh..redneck love)

Hmm, not a bad list. Perhaps not accurate..i never had a counter. I know i've seen ten commandments alot - ahtough it may just SEEM like alot since that movie is hours and hours long. It's sorta sad when I really can't tell since most films i've probably seen on average over 10 times.

Brock
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 01:54:24 AM »

Evil Dead II, Troll II, Tank Girl, Chasing Amy, Gremlins, Austin Powers, Hudson Hawk, Rushmore.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 04:33:32 AM »

To be totally contrary, I'm listing my favorite types of movie, then what I believe I've seen the most.  Reason why I'm doing things this way are a.) Because I enjoy inflicting my writing...I mean I like to write long post, b.) This way if I forget one, it'll be covered, and c.) I really don't know how many times I watch a give movie anyway.
John Carpenter Movies - With the exception of his two most recent works, you really can't beat a Carpenter movie for pure entertainment value.   Big Trouble in Little China has been watched repeatedly.  My personal preference, though, is The Thing.  That sucker never grows old

Don't ask me why.
Giant Monster Movies - I've always loved this, and probably always will love them.   Them is the best of the bunch, by far.  However, I watch more Godzilla movies than anything else.  I'd say Son of Godzilla is the one i've watched the most, just to give a title.

However, Once Lord of the Rings comes out, there might be a new champion.

Though how that's going to happen when the entire things going to clock in at 9+ hours is something that bothers me...

My personal favorite of the lot is Horror of Dracula (AKA simply Dracula )  I can come into the last ten minutes of that one and be enthralled.
 Quatermass Type Movies - Quartermass Xperiment , Quartmass II and Five Million Miles to Earth are the some of the best science fiction movies ever made.  There are also several other movies (such as Prince of Darkness ) that have a similar feel to them.  You'd know 'em if you see 'em, in other words.

For some reason, this type of science fiction works the best for me.  However, of the lot, my favorite is Lifeforce.  The one with the Space Vampires in it.  And no, it's not because Mathilda May (the Space Girl) is naked through most of the picture.

Though it helps...

(Small note: The Quatermass films could reasonably go into the Hammer section, and Prince of Darkness is, of course, a Carpenter film.  But that’s just a technicality…)

Yes, that's the good stuff, damn it!

I tend to watch series rather than movies, and the series I've watched the most isn't Vision of Escaflowne ( Speed Racer holds that spot), but it should be.   Escaflowne is one of the best anime I've ever seen, and I don't think I can recommend it enough.

However, if I can ever get a hold of uncut Cowboy Bebop that might change...
To summarize - at the time of this writing , the list goes like this: The Thing, Son of Godzilla, Dark Crystal, Horror of Dracula, and   Lifeforce as the movies I watch the most, with Vision of Escaflowne as an honorary mention.  Oh, and Doctor Who !!!   I watch a lot of that, too!  Oh, and...

Well, better cut out now before I write a novel.  (Too late!)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 05:16:13 AM »

Die Hard- I've got every single frame of it memorized and it's still fun. I got the
deluxe DVD and now that I can re-edit things I'm having even more fun.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark- Hey, Lucas! Put out the DVD! You're supposedly a big propenent of new technology, act like it! Let's just hope that that recent South Park episode wasn't prolific.

Evil Dead 2- Watching Ash get knocked around just doesn't get old.

The Matrix- Again, DVD has brought this one back into regular viewing.

Ghostbusters- DVD again. Bill Murray is one of the all-time greats.
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 06:27:30 AM »

1 Clerks (do I have to explain)
2 Moulin Rouge (What can I say, as a musician I love the music. Plus seeing Nicole Kidman crawling on the floor in one scene is worth it)
3 Almost Famous (Again do I need to explain)
4 Dogma .....OH HELL, let's just say any Kevin Smith film
5 Big Trouble in Little China (You gotta love Jack)
6 The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai (I just love this film)
7 The 13th Warrior (I'm not an Antonio Banderas fan but this movie rocks)
8 Oh Brother Where Art Thou? (The Coen boys do it again)

There are more but it's hard to narrow it down

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 08:03:38 AM »

Let's see... Here we go, in no particular order:

*Pulp Fiction
*Plan 9 From Outer Space (This one never fails to put me in a good mood)
*Twin Peaks (European pilot)
*A Bucket of Blood
*Army of Darkness
*The Tingler
*Pod People (MST3K episode)
*This Is Spinal Tap
*Monty Python & The Holy Grail
*Mars Attacks!

Keep in mind that this is by no means a list of my "favorite" movies (although all of them would probably wind up on my favorites list); these are just the movies that, for some reason, keep me coming back again and again. There are a few movies that I absolutely love (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Barton Fink, Dead Alive) that I can only watch so many times in a short period.
Redjack
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 08:51:26 AM »

1 Flash Gordon..  
2 The Good The Bad and The Ugly
3 The Outlaw Josie Wales
4 Event Horizon
5 Dracula (Bela)
6  Spacehunter  (Yeah it sucks but i have a morbid fascination with it)
7 Metal Storm  the destruction of Jared Syn
8 Tremors
9 20,000 Leagues
10  The Time Machine
Brian Ringler
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 09:49:59 AM »

"1. The Matrix (who hasn't?)"

I haven't, First time I feel asleep in the theater about 15 minutes into it and once I finally watched the whole thing I realized that I didn't miss much.

My movies I watch a lot:

Airplane
Summer Camp Nightmare
A lot of Musicals I like, Singing in the rain, Anchors Aweigh, Little Shop of Horrors, Hedwig.
UHF (I used to rental this once a week when I was 12-13)
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 11:19:53 AM »

I can only think of:

Ghost Busters 1and 2
Scrooged
Dumb and Dumber (I could watch that one everyday and it still woulden't get old)
Ferris Beuelers Day Off (Yeah I spelt his last name wrong)
Evil Dead 2
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Stuff
Young Frankenstien
Any Austin Powers movie (Even goldmember is a great addition to the series)
My spongebob squarepants dvd. I know its a kids show but something about it is f**king hilarious.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 11:26:30 AM »

Well, i'll leave out my MST collection.                                                                                     Humm.....BUZZ LIGHTYEAR OF STAR COMMAND (Can we just shoot the big gun!?)                                                                                                                                                   YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN ( Put'in on the Rittttttttz!)                                                              SCHREK ( this is the part where you run away screaming)                                               MONSTER THAT CHALLANGED THE WORLD ( A giant Mollusk?)                           THEM!( We could be witnesses to the fulfilling of a biblical prophacy come true)    Hey, works for me! Mental comfort food.
Chadzilla
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2002, 12:18:57 PM »

1.) Jaws (seen it in excess of 50 times, probably nearing 100 views)
2.) John Carpenter's The Thing (nearing 50 viewings)
3.)  Maniac (1980) - Viewing number in the teens.  I've seen this so much instantly recognized the minor trims made by Lustig in the opening kill scene.
4.)  Day of the Dead - Viewing number in the high teens, low twenties.
5.)  Jaws 2
6.)  Friday the 13th Part 3 - I taped this off cable one summer and then the family moved over seas, for awhile it was one of the few videos I had regular access to.
7.)  Dawn of the Dead
8.)  The Swarm
9.)  Deep Blue Sea
10.) John Carpenter's The Fog/John Carpenter's Escape from New York
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 12:50:46 PM »

The Car and Magnum Force are frequent guests in the DVD or video player.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2002, 01:02:24 PM »

Star Wars -  (in the days before cable and video, I saw this one 37 times in the theater)
Beastmaster - Love this movie, and it seems ot make the cable rounds quite often
Princess Bride - Not a "B" movie
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  top 5 movies we have watched the most! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.