Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:46:11 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MY MOTHER THE SPACE SHUTTLE Vs GILLIGAN'S ASTEROID. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MY MOTHER THE SPACE SHUTTLE Vs GILLIGAN'S ASTEROID.  (Read 2686 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 31, 2002, 06:37:15 PM »

Well....as we all know, Hollywood has little, is any, originality left. There for, lets just bite the bullet, and get set for pain. My friend Barbara the Barbarian gave me the two titles above. I kinda think they explain them selves,realy. So...how would yous guys update the inevitable remakes the suits are going to flood us with next year?  Ooooh, conciter the possable pain of......"The Harlem Globetrotters meet the Brady Bunch. "......." Lost in space: The twilight  years."........or, God help us, " The A-Team: Shoot to kill."  Hey, it could happen!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Brock
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 06:42:11 PM »

There was that classic TV movie called "The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island"...it was pretty odd.

My favorite bastardization of a sitcom has to be "The Brady Brides"...take Marcia and Jan, put them in a house together with odd couple husbands, and hilarity ensues.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 06:45:15 PM »

"Jabberjaws - The Movie"
"I Know What You Did Several Summers Ago"
"Rocky VI - The Next Rocky"  - Burgess Meredith (CGI animation) trains a young girl as the next heavy weight boxing champion
"The Cast Of 'Friends'" - Just put them in a movie, it'll sell...we'll work out the script later
"Arisicats II" - and Disnery running out of ideas for cheap sequels to their own classics
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 07:23:33 PM »

There was, briefly, a cartoon called Gilligan's Planet back in the 70s or 80s. I think Filmation produced it. The story went that the professor built a rocket to get the castaways off the island and, through some mixup, it marooned them on another planet. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Now that I think about it, Saturday morning cartoons went through the same lack of originality for a while. I can remember networks taking hit sitcoms or classic TV shows and making the most awful cartoons out of them. Just take the familiar characters, give them a time machine or something, add a talking animal, and put it on the air.

I can remember being sucked in by this as a young lad, looking forward to the new Happy Days cartoon, then upon finally seeing it, thinking 'what the hell is this?'
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 12:56:21 AM »

Well, I don't know, but this reminds me of a conversation I had with my coworkers.  We decided that everything would be better if you just added the words "In Space" to the end of the title.

Try it.  It's like that fortune cookie thing, but not.

Also, has anybody seen the commercials from that show that takes old sitcoms and updates them with a hilarious new attitude?  It's either on the WB or Fox and I think it's called "The Rerun Show".  Those network execs have done it again!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Susan
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 01:18:15 AM »

Gillians Island: The Movie

Stars:
The Professor - Anthony Hopkins
Mr. Howell - John Malkovich
Mrs Howell - Anette Benning
Skipper - Tom Sizemore
Ginger - Nicole Kidman
Gilligan - perhaps Edward Norton

Actually casting isn't easy - i mean you could go for different things. Spoof, horror, thriller, drama, cult, cross-dressing. ;-)  And in picking the actors you can't get too many "big names" or they'll be competing and probably turn an audience off. The key is diversity, and quality actors. It "could" be done, and it could be done well. Only if the truth is discovered about just WHO gilligan really is and why he isn't letting them off that island. Gilligans island can be revived, and brought to the big screen..as long as it isn't a goofy adaptation like scooby doo.

Ken Begg
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 08:03:41 AM »

...aside from Gilligan's Planet, there was the Partridge Family cartoon where they lived in the furture.  

Not to mention the Fonzie cartoon where cute twin alien girls show up in a space ship/time machine and the Fonz travels through time/space doing Fonzie stuff.  I don't specifically remember, but I'm sure there was a talking dog or monkey or alien analog, because Fred Silverman demanded such in every cartoon show back then.

And if you don't believe me, you weren't to see '70s Saturday morning cartoon shows.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 08:40:47 AM »

"Not to mention the Fonzie cartoon where cute twin alien girls show up in a space ship/time machine and the Fonz travels through time/space doing Fonzie stuff."

I dimly remember that one. There was also a Laverne & Shirley cartoon with the girls in the army.  They had a runt pig for a drill sergeant.

And I actually watched this stuff.

And the Smurfs.

No wonder I've turned out so messed up...

(Links provide to prove that I'm not completely delusional.  Just partially delusional.)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
AndyC
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 11:58:13 AM »

Some of you might disagree, but I think Gilligan's Island might be a good fit for Adam Sandler.
AndyC
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 12:01:24 PM »

A talking pig voiced by Ron 'Horshak' Palillo, if I remember correctly. What ever happened to him? Last I saw Horshak, he was Jason's first victim in Part 6.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2002, 01:25:35 PM »

AndyC wrote:
>
> A talking pig voiced by Ron 'Horshak' Palillo, if I remember
> correctly. What ever happened to him? Last I saw Horshak, he
> was Jason's first victim in Part 6.

His last project seem to have been getting beat up by Screech on Celebrity Boxing.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
raj
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2002, 03:52:54 PM »

How could you forget Mary Ann?  Hmm, Wynona Rider?
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2002, 03:54:53 PM »

Oh, the horror....the horror. Well, as the poet said /so long hope,your chance is past-goodby my mind, its been a blast!/

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
raj
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2002, 04:00:50 PM »

This isn't original with me:

There are seven castaways, and seven deadly sins:

Mrs. Howell is Sloth.  Let's face it, she did squat.
Mr. Howell is Greed.  Who takes a million dollars with him on a three hour cruise?
The Professor is Pride.  C'mon, you've gotta have an abundance of pride if you can make a shortwave radio out of coconuts.
Ginger is Lust.  'nuff said.
Mary Ann is Envy.  She makes a mean pie, yet all the guys still flock to Ginger.

Now we are down to the last two, and there are some problems.
The Skipper can handle double duty:
Gluttony--look at his belly.
Anger--  He's always hitting Gilligan.

So we've got all seven sins accounted for, and who is the one who keeps them there, thwarting all there plans of escape?  Gilligan.  Gilligan is Satan.
Lee
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2002, 12:18:35 PM »

Hell, I'll be Gilligan! Stick me on an island with Mary Ann and Ginger and you'll see one happy as hell guy!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MY MOTHER THE SPACE SHUTTLE Vs GILLIGAN'S ASTEROID. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.