Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:28:09 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unsung B actors/actresses « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Unsung B actors/actresses  (Read 2602 times)
J.R.
« on: August 03, 2002, 05:26:12 AM »

I recently did some research on P.J. Soles over at IMDB. She was a victim in the original Halloween and the star of the hilarious Ramones vehicle Rock 'N Roll High School, but I hadn't seen her in anything else. On the IMDB search I learned she is a veteran of many cheesy '80s horror flicks and was even in the modern bad classic, Uncle Sam. Does anyone else know of less-known yet deserving B actors or actresses?
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 06:04:50 AM »

P.J. also gave Bill Murray's slob character more than he deserved in "Stripes." Remember the spatula scene? Awwwwwww.

Robin Curtis' career was destroyed in her first big scene in "Star Trek III: The Search For Spock." She replaced Kirstie Alley as Lt. Saavik. While she delivered that line badly--and it's a terrible line no one could do well--she did fine for the rest of the picture, and her small role in "Star Trek IV," but was still regulated to grot like "Hexed," "Bloodfist IV," "Santa With Muscles," and "The Unborn II." Last known movie: "Making Contact" in '99. Too bad...
Will
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 12:53:03 PM »

I wish James Lorinz was in more stuff. Frankenhooker, Street Trash, Last Exit to Brooklyn, and a small role in Jerky Boys.....the guy's too funny.....wonder where he is......
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 05:37:36 PM »

The actress who played Frankenhooker was pretty funny too... Has she done anything else?
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 10:08:48 PM »

P.J. Soles also had a part in CARRIE.

James Karen is probably best know to genre fans for his role as Frank in RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD.  Guy's got 89 credits in his filmography, and he's all over the place!  From the bottom of the barrel (HARDBODIES 2, THE WILLIES) to big budget flicks (ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, THIRTEEN DAYS) to masterpieces (ROTLD).  Great actor.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Will
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2002, 12:54:25 AM »

Patty Mullin was the female lead in Frankenhooker. She was a Penthouse Pet and in Doom Asylum, but I don't know of any other filmwork from her.....she was great in Frankenhooker though...
Steve
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 09:41:31 AM »

Michael Biehn should be placed in this category. For every 1 good movie he's been in, he's had at least 5 turkeys to go with that. After his career imploded with "Navy SEALs," he's been relegated to the backburner of the Hollywood stove. He now either plays a villian in B-films or the occasional bit part in more major Hollywood releases.

For those who want to know, his current effort is an upcoming TV series called "Adventures, Inc."
John
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 03:29:02 PM »

>James Karen is probably best know to genre fans for his role as Frank in

Or in his role as 'The Pathmark man' in the Pathmark supermarlet commercials. :)

>RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Guy's got 89 credits in his filmography, and
>he's all over the place! From the bottom of the barrel (HARDBODIES 2, THE
>WILLIES) to big budget flicks (ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, THIRTEEN DAYS) to
>masterpieces (ROTLD). Great actor.

Don't forget his role as Craig Nelson's boss in Poltergeist.
Future Blob
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 05:03:36 PM »

Amanda Pays is pretty and talented. That british accent..mmm. She deserves better than the likes of Leviathan.
Future Blob
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2002, 05:07:08 PM »

And she's married to that lucky bugger, Corbin Bernsen, who's kinda underrated himself (or maybe not)
John
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2002, 05:45:23 PM »

>Does anyone else know of less-known yet deserving B actors or actresses?

Forgot to mention; Ami Dolenz. She was in Ticks, Pumpkinhead II, Stepmonster, Withcboard II and a bunch of other turkeys. I had a huge crush on her after seeing just the ads for She's Out of Control (with Tony Danza).
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2002, 05:56:57 PM »

I kinda liked Laura Tate as the original Michelle in "Subspecies".

(and in the very, very, very bad Marc Singer movie, "Dead Space")
J.R.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 07:16:32 PM »

We musn't forget Clu Gulager. He was in Return Of The Living Dead and several MST3K films.
AndyC
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2002, 07:59:53 PM »

Somebody I always thought was a really underrated actor is Angus MacInnes. For all the movies he's been in, he really ought to be better known. He was one of the squadron leaders in Star Wars, one of the gunslingers in Outland, a council member in Judge Dredd, a hit man in Witness, and had parts in Rollerball, Superman 2, Hellraiser 2 and a bunch of other movies. Of course, none of these were big roles. The only really significant role I've seen Angus MacInnes play is washed up hockey player Jean LaRose in Strange Brew.

Look him up at IMDB.
NavySailorX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 04:21:56 AM »

Navy SEALs should be reviewed on this sight *lol* that movie bit the big one.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unsung B actors/actresses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.