Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:29:27 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Action! Thoughts on Under Siege 2 and Behind enemy lines. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Action! Thoughts on Under Siege 2 and Behind enemy lines.  (Read 1199 times)
Neville
« on: August 08, 2002, 06:37:09 AM »

Since I was picking really bad movies lately (and not the type I found funny) I leaped back into known territory and watched this two flicks. Lots of fun.

1) Under Siege 2: If you ask me, way better than the first part. Lots of action, fast paced, spectacular and cheesy. If it beats the first chapter it is because action is constant, with no dead moments (even the scenes outside the train where everything takes place are minimal).

Apart from this, dialogues that are cheesy on purpose and succeed, beautiful landscapes and one of the best villains I have ever witnessed, a delirious scientist that still thinks he is the best even when Steven Seagal enters his way. Director Geoff Murphy (Yep, that one from Young Guns 2, Freejack and Fortress 2) does a surprisingly good job as well, making a great use of scenarios and editing.

2) Behind enemy lines: While the plot is not really special and I didn't really care for any of the characters, great fun. Reason? Unknown director John Moore gives the movie a furious pace and a stylish MTV look. He recreates on settings, disects the action with slow-mo, etc. OK, nothing we haven't seen on Jerry Bruckheimer films, but here it is used with some sense, and somehow the audience becomes infected with all the frenzy from the screen.

C'on, I want feedback, that is what phorums are for!
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 12:12:18 PM »

"Under Siege 2:" I can't go into details without spoiling, but the climax (the old "whoops-the-villain's-not-dead-YET" bit, I'll go that far) is absolutely hilarious. He must have been in better shape than Seagal's character and "Space Mutiny"'s  Kalgan combined.
Neville
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 12:17:22 PM »

Oh yes, those hilarious details are some of the things I most enjoyed of the movie. The way Seagal deactivates the laptop PC is also great. And what about the silly one-liners? "Noone can beat me in the kitchen", "I am prepared for this", etc.

With his nerd airs and "I am so good" lines, Bogosian was just perfect. The video from "Paguis" he sends to the Pentagon is amazingly cheesy.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Action! Thoughts on Under Siege 2 and Behind enemy lines. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.