Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:38 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lee Marvin « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lee Marvin  (Read 1259 times)
Hamburger Pimp
« on: August 19, 2002, 09:14:25 AM »

Has anyone heard about plans to release "The Big Heat" or "Shout at the Devil" with Lee Marvin on DVD?  I've never seen either one in stores (even on tape).
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 03:40:17 PM »

Nope,but I surely hope that they get around to releasing both "Prime Cut" and "Point Blank",two of Lee's all-time bests,onto DVD pretty soon,especially since "Point.." was directly remade as "Payback"(which had a more direct,routine ending,as opposed to the original's hard hitting,shocking twist climax).
Hamburger Pimp
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 04:39:36 PM »

A know that Point Blank was released on Laser Disc, but I haven't seen the DVD yet...
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 06:16:31 PM »

"Point Blank". Man...i saw the show about Marvin, after his death, by his Director friend(Who's name escapes me). The scene in Point Blank, where he confronts his wife, ....and never says a word...how many guys could pull that off? Great flick.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
yaddo42
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2002, 09:11:52 PM »

"The Big Heat" and "Shout At The Devil" must have been available on video at one time since both are listed in my old copy of Videohound's Movie Guide.

As popular as he was (and still is), more of his films should be getting released on DVD. There must surely be back catalog demand for most of his better known movies.

My Wish List (some are on DVD already, I think):
Point Blank and Hell In The Pacific (both directed by John Boorman)
The Professionals
Monte Walsh
Emperor Of the North
Violent Saturday
The Killers
Death Hunt
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
Gorky Park
Pocket Money
The Big Red One

But they can skip these for a while:
Prime Cut (I know it's popular but I've never liked it)
The Klansman (not even OJ Simpson on a killing spree can save this one)
Dog Day (painful)
Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday (could have been much funnier)
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 01:48:32 AM »

> My Wish List (some are on DVD already, I think):
> Point Blank and Hell In The Pacific (both directed by John
> Boorman)
> The Professionals
> Monte Walsh
> Emperor Of the North
> Violent Saturday
> The Killers
> Death Hunt
> The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
> Gorky Park
> Pocket Money
> The Big Red One

"The Professionals", "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence", "Hell In The Pacific", "Gorky Park", and "The Big Red One" are out on DVD. (And so is "Dog Day".)

I would really love "Monte Walsh" (which I'll be reviewing in several weeks) to get a DVD release. Actually, I think there is a strong possibility it will be; a made-for-cable remake is being made, and I bet the original will be released in time to cash in on the publicity surrounding the new version.
Hamburger Pimp
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 09:30:49 AM »

I've seen "The Big Red One" available on DVD at several stores, most recently at Walmart.  It's in the cheap-o case, and there are hardly any special features, but I think you should be able to find it.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 10:18:36 AM »

A Marine combat vet with part of his ass shot off. That explains why he was totaly believeable as a soldier/tough guy.
....Boorman told of the time, dureing Vietnam, Marvin was sitting next to a U.S. Army General in an airport. He took the guys hat and started eating it. I can imagin the look on the gold braids face at that!
....Yeah. Lee Marvin was a classic star. A rough life before doing movies made him a well rounded man, and it showed in his work. We need people like him in Hollywood. Oh,well.......

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
yaddo42
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2002, 08:17:47 PM »

Thanks for the info on Lee Marvin DVDs, I vaguely remembered seeing the "The Big Red One" at Wal-Mart. The discs I bought from the cheap-o section ("The Wild Bunch" and "The Right Stuff") there were old non-multilayered discs that had to be flipped over, and I'm just to lazy to do that for too many discs.Is BRO long enough to require flipping?

I look forward to your review, Greywizard, and I'll have to keep an eye out for the "Monte Walsh" remake. A local "eclectic" store has an old copy of the original novel for sale, I want to read it, but don't want to pay $5 for a hardback book that tries to fall apart when you pick it up. Guess I'll try the library.

"Dog Day"'s on DVD, before even "The Spike's Gang"? It's a screwy world.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lee Marvin « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.