Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:19:51 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Return Of The Living Dead 4 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Return Of The Living Dead 4  (Read 2377 times)
BadTaste_nz
New Visitor

« on: August 24, 2002, 09:55:00 PM »

any know that this was being made???

~~~~~~~~
The Ultimate Bad Taste Fan Site
http://www.badtaste.co.nz
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 02:31:58 AM »

Oh god...if it's as bad as #2...or as mediocre and dumb as #3 (although I'm a fan of #3)...I will kill. However, if it's just using the name because it has a tie-in with 247 Trioxin (I think that's the correct name, either that or 246, methinks)...I'll rent it.

Hell, either way I'm renting it.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 03:14:08 AM »

They're in early pre-production of this movie,at the moment,getting the budget firmly ready,and the casting not yet set at this point.
                      I also hope that this one is as good as both Parts 1 and 3 were.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 03:33:31 AM »

"Part II" was just a pathetic re-hash with very little to justify its existence; "Part III" suffered from the two things most Brian Yuzna-directed sequels are known for--(1) it's a sequel in name only, and (2) it's a fine idea, full of potential, all sadly wasted by lack of development. (Cross reference: "Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation." I think I was too blind with rage over the bald-faced theft of Bernard Hermann's classic soundtrack* to try to figure out what the hell that mess was supposed to be about.)

Unfortunately, at this late date, I'd wager any further sequels to ROTLD would be a combo platter of the aforementioned flaws--otherwise, they'd tack a new title on it to create a fresh franchise, or link it up with a more "classic" franchise, namely NOTLD. Which is a shame, because ROTLD introduced four elements that set it apart from the Romero films or stuff like "Zombie:"

(1) Death does not end suffering; it makes it worse. Forever.
(2) Zombies can talk. Zombies can reason. Zombies can RUN if they have legs. Hell, Michael Myers can't do that much...
(3) When they told me you can kill a zombie by shooting it in the head, they LIED.
(4) There will always be someone stupid enough to call the number on the side of the drum.
John
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 06:47:48 AM »

>"Part II" was just a pathetic re-hash with very little to justify its existence; "Part III"

It had a cute girl working out in a leotard. :)

Actually, I've always liked part II for the fact that it showed a way that the zombies could be killed. I'm not real big on hopeless, downer endings.

>suffered from the two things most Brian Yuzna-directed sequels are known for-
>(1) it's a sequel in name only, and (2) it's a fine idea, full of potential, all sadly
>wasted by lack of development. (Cross reference: "Silent Night, Deadly Night 4:

I kind of liked part III also, except for the fact that they seem to have forgotten that electricity will kill the zombies. That and they kept using the stupid freezing gun even though it didn't work very well. That's the same thing that bugged me about both Re-animator films; why does he keep using the formula when it clearly doesn't work the way it's supposed to? He should have at least been tweaking the formula between uses in an effort to perfect it.
Lee
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 10:49:32 AM »

HMMM...... First off, I like part 2. It never fails to crack me up. Part 3 should have been incinerated! It wrecked the series. Part 4..... well here's hoping they can make a comeback and pull it off.
StatCat
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 11:30:40 PM »

It's 245 trioxin. If a sequel was made I doubt it could ever even touch the original if that's what the makers were to be aiming for.
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 11:48:03 PM »

Remember what I said about "sequel in name only?" I guess they couldn't rip off the NOTLD franchise name outright, so they picked the next closest thing... Here's the Cinescape article. If you think "Tremors" is an unworkable idea for a TV series, you haven't seen anything yet. (Chances are you won't see this, either.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Movie News
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4? And a TV series, too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Friday, December 7, 2001
By: FRANK KURTZ
Source: Fangoria

There's a fourth RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD movie in the works.

While talking to Fangoria actor-writer-director William Butler revealed that the franchise may be rising again. Butler, who is currently writing the film's script says, "I'm reinventing the franchise. My take on the sequel is a combination of martial arts, anime and horror. [Executive producer Tom Fox] would like to get a DAWSON'S CREEK cast in there this time, and we are beginning to talk with directors."

Butler also drops, "We're also developing a RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD TV series."
-----------------------------------------------------------
(End of article)

"...a combination of martial arts, anime and horror?" A "Dawson's Creek" cast? Here, Mr. Butler and Mr. Fox; save yourself some money and just squeeze a fresh poop into a videocassette case and leave it on the rental shelf.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 12:29:11 AM »

See, I've actually wanted a TV series about zombies for a long time. If done right (read: blatantly copying George Romero's way of satiring politics and society with zombies, and creating interesting characters), it'd be great. However, this will be pure s**t.

I'll only rent it because I'm a Return Of The Living Dead completist.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Lee
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 09:24:27 AM »

OK....Martial arts, anime and horror, I could see this working maybe." Dawson's Creek Cast", What the f**k?! I'm all for bringing in younge talent(the only way I'll ever get to do a movie), but why do they try to find people that will annoy the audience to no end? I just don't get.
StatCat
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 10:42:02 AM »

My god that sounds beyond awful! Thank these bastards for corrupting this series to hell even more then before.
Jim
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2002, 03:12:52 AM »

"Martial arts, anime and horror"

How about a movie by the name of Versus?
J.R.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2002, 05:23:42 AM »

When will horror directors get off this post-Scream and The Matrix teen-telivision- drama-cast, self-aware-humor, pointless-martial-arts kick and remember how to make movies like they did in the '80s? This trend only p**ses the fans off to no end and the movies aren't doing well which means mainstream moviegoers aren't into it either.
Lee
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2002, 09:39:19 AM »

Now that I've thought through this again, YIKES!!!! I like Martial arts, anime and horror, but then he went and mentioned the "Dawson's Creek Cast"!! Bruce Lee must be rolling over in his grave!:(
raj
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2002, 10:03:47 AM »

If there's a Dawson creek type cast, I'll be rooting for the zombies.  In fact, make the movie from the zombies' point of view, as they battle the forces of evil Hollywood producers who insist on casting by demographics.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Return Of The Living Dead 4 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.