Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:03:24 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA. 1961. b&w . 73min. Alpha Video. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA. 1961. b&w . 73min. Alpha Video.  (Read 1259 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 03, 2002, 10:50:28 AM »

Prime Early Roger Corman cheesefest!
....Plot? : Cubans escape castro's revolution with Gold chest. Yankee gangster takes them for a "Ride". U.S. agent along for trip. Much weirdness ensues.
....Stars? : Betsy Jones-moreland,Edward wain, Anthony Corbone.
Shot to death by two english majors.
Ewww! Don't eat that secret note. You KNOW where its been!
Animations by Sergio Aragonies?
in Mustach, shades...our hero looks like a mexican lounge lizard.
did these two inspire "Get smart?"
She kissed a mouth that tastes like toejam.
Our plot in a taco shell.
Even his subtitles look pompous.
A VW bus full of gold bullion and cubans. No, not on neck chains.
Yee,heehee! A VW Bug full of shooting cubans, chases a ford convertable full of shooting cubans. Realy! No, i'm not makeing that up!
VW Bug eats tree bark. Stop calling me a lier!
Our Villian, folks. With that many AKA/s, he better work on field stripping that .45.
I think his capt. hat was last seen in "Cataline Caper".
Boy, those animal noises would make him popular at a P.E.T.A convention.
Soon, his intestines will be picking up the "Voice of America".broadcasts.
Senior General John Astin?
The perials of being a translator.
"Plop, goes the cuban"
They'r doing at least 20 knots...so how did the monster catch the boat?
Coronel Joey Bishop? Anyway, your CO. is still a dork.
Don't interrupt the boss when he hatching an evil sceme.
Singing with the rockin' of the waves...okey...you can stop now...seasick! Wheres the rail(Blarge)
She's right, folks. Our hero is just fishbait.
Pete is realy well trained for a moron.
Rub -a-dub-dub, 5 dorks in a tub....
Our villien is just so NOT Bogart.
Jump cut! Woah, fast work for just 4 cubans.
What? Is that the secret agents privit line? Huh?
Oh, no...Please, God, no! Tell me these two can't reproduce!
Are your medals rust proof?
Saps at sea! And wimmin all over da place!
She reminds me of the Jimmy Buffet song. "I ate the last ,Mango, in Paris..."
Good subtitles gag!
Oh,please...tell me Mu-Mu girl and pete are infertile....Noooooo!!
Wet burlap and pingpong balls...oh, wait. egg timers for eyes...this is a monster?
Well, its no Audry 2, is what i'm sayin'.
Hey, Paco. check six!
Famous last words from the gun moll...and our hero hauls ass away from the monster!
And, finaly(Yea).........The monster burps! So thats where that gag started!
Flangepart says : Check it out! I like this stupid movie. Don't ask me why...i'm just easliy amused. Explains a lot, realy....its early Corman, with  some music from "Little shop of Horrors". Its cheesy, its stupid, but its fun. Good MST fodder. All it needs is Beer, Pizza, and some verbal abuse. Have at it!
....Back to you, Andrew!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 05:37:22 PM »

This movie is pure mind warping hell, It's extremely boring and painful to watch and the jokes get old quickly. Don't watch it unless you want to torture someone with this nonsense I'd say.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 05:09:32 PM »

This is indeed an ugly monster of a film.  The random infliction of a woman singing, for no other reason than the man thinking it will look "inconspicuous" is bizarre.  I guess they were trying to pad the running time and the song was another five minutes.

If anyone has missed it, there is a corrupt captain who is ferrying a number of bad Cuban army types.  The army guys have some treasure with them, which the captain and crew wants.  The captain cooks up a stupid monster story, then they start killing soldiers in the middle of the night (using gardening implements, if memory serves).  In a twist, it turns out there really is a monster.  The monster is plain impossible looking, with big ping-pong eyes and it does appear to be a mass of wet burlap.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 06:35:19 PM »

I need to give this movie another chance; When I saw it, I was expecting another Bucket of Blood or Little Shop of Horrors, which it decidedly wasn't (also, the tape I got had a pretty lousy transfer). A couple of things to note:

*Edward Wain, who played the hero in the movie, is in fact Robert Towne, Oscar-winning screenwriter of Chinatown.

*"Stock Footage: Music from the Films of Roger Corman," a fun little indie-rock tribute album worth tracking down, includes a cover of the song sung in the movie (performed by a group called Mouse), which amusingly includes the scuffle and dialog that take place over the song in the movie.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 06:38:45 PM »

Vermin Boy wrote:
>
>  
> *Edward Wain, who played the hero in the movie, is in fact
> Robert Towne, Oscar-winning screenwriter of Chinatown.
>
>

You know, the bearded and glasses wearing 'cuban' that chases Wain/Towne down the street at the beginning of the movie looks an awful lot like Francis Ford Coppola.

Some of these early Corman movies are more interesting for the people that worked on them then than the movies are themselves.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 02:54:29 PM »

Andrew, i got a good dvd transfer, and when the "Beast" is closeing in on the villian, i freeze framed the monster, and i swear i think one of the eyes is an egg timer dial! Or a stove dial, something like that.
....I like this thing. I'me very easily amused.
....But, yeah, Vermin boy. "Little shop" this ain't!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Scott
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 05:05:28 PM »

Creature from the Haunted Sea makes Little Shop of Horrors and Bucket of Blood look like master pieces. Creature from the Haunted Sea was very difficult to to watch especially the cubans. Its in league with Mesa of Lost Women. It hurts like very few movies can, except They Saved Hitlers Brain.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 05:07:31 PM »

Actually the monster with the ping pong eyes save the film. If that were possible
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA. 1961. b&w . 73min. Alpha Video. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.