Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:51:27 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  serving sara why is bruce campbell in this peice of crap. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: serving sara why is bruce campbell in this peice of crap.  (Read 1605 times)
josh patrick
« on: August 24, 2002, 04:59:59 PM »

it does not even say his name in the  credits and he has a big role. what the hell happend to his career?
Ken Begg
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 09:23:46 PM »

He's in the movie because it's a paycheck.  He's a working actor, and probably made as much for appearing in this 'real' film as he would for doing three or four low-budget movies.  

As for what's happened to his career, I'm not sure what you mean.  Campbell has a vast cult audience, but only by cult audience terms.  He's not and never has been a name that the average moviegoers would recognize.
J.R.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 01:55:31 AM »

Actually, I saw an ad twice that had the voiceover saying, "Matthew Perry, Elizabeth Hurley, Bruce Campbell and Cedric The Entertainer,". Bruce has done three mainstream films in a row: The Majestic, Spider-Man and Serving Sara, and a couple low-budgies just in this last year. The hardest working man in show business? Maybe.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 02:33:47 AM »

Maybe not the hardest-working, but definitely one of the best.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Steven Millan
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 03:12:04 AM »

What?!....What?!.....Bruce's name is not even in the credits?!
              Well,with the heavily scathing reviews that this movie has been getting(with many predicting it will win next year's Golden Razzie Award for Worst Picture),I'm  sure that Bruce is really proud of having starred in this movie(hope his paycheck was really,really good;maybe he can donate half of it to gettting  "Phantasm 5" ready and going,since Sam Raimi's got to tackle "Spiderman 2" at the moment).
Lee
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 10:44:22 AM »

Sorry to say this but, Bruce is bareky in this movie. He has third billing but, you hardley see him in the movie. He's there for about five seconds here and there, but he does get a good scene near the end of the movie(best scene in the movie). Sarah is ditsy and annoying(so basically Elizabeth Hurely is playing herself). Bruce did a good job with his Texas drawl. Has some good funny moments but would have been waaaayyyy better with more Bruce(obviously). They try to set Bruce up as the badguy but anybody with sence will be rooting for him(Hell even if Gordy(Bruce's character) was played by someone else I'd be rootin for him). atleast watch for Bruce's energetic performance(even though we really don't get to see much of him till the end. I think some editing happened to alot of Bruce's scenes(BASTARDS!!!!). Go support Bruce today!
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 04:53:47 PM »

I think it's a safe bet Bruce's scenes were cut down. They couldn't have him completely blowing the leads off the screen in his first minute of screen time. Matthew Perry: "Could I BE any more sarcastic?" Bruce: "If I only had a chainsaw right now...".
Lee
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 11:10:27 PM »

Oh beleive me, with the one scene in the movie where Bruce is on screne for more than five seconds he blows everybody else away. So looks like they didn't completely contain him(though they came pretty damn close). Bruce can carry a movie, they shouldn't have limmited his screen time so much.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 01:53:23 AM »

hey, it can't be as bad as that damned Twister rip-off he was in...

but campbell's one of those actors i like no matter what he's in...he nevef seems like he's "phoning it in."

he always seems to be very professional in that he gives 100% to his roles.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 12:59:17 PM »

i just thought of something else...i heard robert forster (max cherry in jackie brown, etc.) speak at a film festival a few months ago...

he said he didn't mind doing the low-budget movies like maniac cop, uncle sam (for the love of god!!!!) because they were paychecks...he had to suffer through over ten years of b-films before getting back on the a-list with his performance with jackie brown...also, when things were at the worst for him, he did audio books for under 10 bucks an hour.

he was really interesting to hear...similar to bruce campbell in that they are not (nor should they be) ashamed of their b-movie careers...he also does frequent speaking/motivational speaking engagements...i highly recemended checking out his site and trying to catch one of his talks...

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 01:25:37 PM »

"B" Movie actors are sorta like working musicians.  For every one star getting a Grammy there are probably a few hundred working stiffs that just play the clubs and bars and parties and weddings just trying to earn enough to get by.  Many of them are very talented, but for some reason or other, whether fortune or desire, they never become stars

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2002, 04:27:10 PM »

Bruce Campbell was forever immortalized in the Evil Dead trilogy.  I personally think he's great in whatever he stars in.  He speaks the single word that makes you eternally cool........"Groovy"!
J.R.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 09:25:20 AM »

It's a fact that in order to get far in the entertainment industry you have to be a selfish, backstabbing, egotistical person willing to do who or whatever you can to get ahead. Maybe B actors are just too decent to make it big?
Lee
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2002, 09:44:26 AM »

I guess you would count Peter Jackson as selfish and backstabbing(he's gotten pretty far in the biz).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  serving sara why is bruce campbell in this peice of crap. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.