Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:16:52 PM
714411 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Beyond Re-animator" is already in production! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Beyond Re-animator" is already in production!  (Read 3146 times)
Neville
« on: September 04, 2002, 11:09:22 AM »

Fantastic Factory (www.fantasticfactory.com) , the studio behind "Faust", "Arachnid" and "Dagon" is also financing  "Beyond Re-animator", and the shooting has just started in the spanish cities of Barcelona and Valencia. As the previous films from this studio, both cast and crew are a mix of americans and spaniards.

Little is known of the specific details, but take this for granted:

1) Film director is Brian Yuzna, the one who made "Bride of Re-animator"

2) Both Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott reprise their roles as Herbert West and his aid.

3) (Not confirmed) The plot would involve Herbert West being confined in a prison where he still would carry on his experiments.

I'm looking forward for the trailer and the release!
John
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 02:07:35 PM »

Dr. Cain: Look West, your re-agent doesn't work, it just creates mindless zombies who usually end up trying to kill us.

Dr. West: I know. Wanna go down to the local morgue and inject the most disgusting bodies we can find and then let them let them loose so that we can spend the rest of the time tracking them down while I create lots of little creatures out of animated parts that will all run away or try to kill us?

Dr. Cain: Ok, let's go!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 02:22:22 PM »

The plot, as described by Combs on the feardotcom junket, seems to be a variant of Hammer final Frankenstein movie...Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.

Looking forward to it with guarded optimism.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
John
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 02:29:05 PM »

>Looking forward to it with guarded optimism.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Re-Animator movies, I just can't figure out why he keeps injecting corpses and assorted body parts with his re-agent when it clearly doesn't work properly. I'd like to see him at least make a token effort to refine the formula to get better results.
Steven Millan
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 03:57:28 PM »

"Beyond Re-Animator" finally being made?!
                       'About Time!!!
raj
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2002, 06:40:36 PM »

Does sound good, but I'm starting to see a big plot hole with #3.
Judge:  Dr. West, you have been convicted of doing unspeakable crimes on dead people, I hereby sentence you to prison.

Dr. West:  O.k., but can I still work on reanimating corpses?

Judge:  Certainly!

Please set it up in a halfway believable scenario.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2002, 06:45:21 PM »

Scenerio is that the Prison doctor was at the location West was arrested shortly after the conclusion of Bride of the Re-Animator.  Said child then discovers a vial of re-animating fluid and becomes obsessed with finding out its mysteries, he grows up to become a doctor and lands a job at the prison where West is serving his sentence.  The two meet and the experiments begin anew.

That's the plot according to Jeffrey Combs.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
raj
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2002, 06:47:23 PM »

OK, I'll buy that.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Beyond Re-animator" is already in production! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.