Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:00:25 AM
714510 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More on the New "Chainsaw Massacre" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More on the New "Chainsaw Massacre"  (Read 1143 times)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 04, 2002, 10:08:37 PM »

More word on the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre here.

Any comments?

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 02:10:27 AM »

Feh. The author's own question remains unanswered: "Remake? Why?"

(Hint: moneymoneymoneymoneymoney)

Oooooh, the director's actually SEEN the original. Wow, I'm so relieved now. Hey, I've seen it too! Am I qualified to direct the remake? (Answer: Oh, hells no.)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 04:08:48 AM »

I'm not opposed to remakes.   The Maltese Falcon is an excellent example of when a remake goes oh so right.  So is John Huston's other big remake, Moby Dick.  So if you get talent people with a real love for the work (or professional about what their doing), you can have an excellent film, no matter how base the motives appear to be.  Or actually are.

If "Fangoria" is impressed, it does ease my concerns a little.  But I'm still betting on crappy slasher rip off over quality horror outing.
This should’ve gone in my original post, but wasn't due to time constraints on my part.  However, rather than edit the first post, I’ve put it here.  Don't know if that matter's to anyone, but I felt it best said.
I suppose I shouldn't have used REMAKE in my post, seeing as the new movies a REVISTING.  Which has to be placed somewhere between RETHINKING and REIMAGINING as one of the dumbest euphemisms I've heard in a long time.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 06:53:18 AM »

"The face behind that mask is not the role’s originator Gunnar Hansen, but instead a musclebound and ponytailed veteran of the silver and small screens whose name is being kept from the public at this point. "

Steven Segal?!
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 07:04:49 AM »

(falls on ground laughing, ruptures self)

...Suddenly, the urge to find out what Leatherface looks like under the mask has faded. Ow, my appendix...
jmc
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2002, 09:11:07 AM »

Not too crazy about the cast, but so long as they all die...will they have a "Franklin?"

I don't really trust FANGORIA to be an objective source.  I'll probably still check the movie out, depending on how it's advertised and on word of mouth.
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2002, 02:07:44 PM »

Fangoria tends to give favorable coverage to films they got on the set of or score large articles on. Harry Knowles must have worked for them at some point.

Anyway, my guess is that the pony-tailed veteran behind the mask is none other than Mario Batali, host of the Food Network's Molto Mario and Maio Eats Italy. It would explain his skill with cleavers and preparing food.

I saw an on-set report of the film on Entertainment Tonight, and everything looked very half-assed.
Steven Millan
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 01:17:11 AM »

Steven Seagal?!?---naw!!!
                 Maybe Will Sasso as Seagal,but not the real guy.
              I'm strongly feeling that it's R.A. Milhkaloff,the Leatherface of "Leatherface:TCM 3" that is back behind the human skin mask,since that bodily description fully fits him to a full T.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More on the New "Chainsaw Massacre" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.