Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:59 AM
714468 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It Still Lives! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It Still Lives!  (Read 1765 times)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 18, 2002, 04:10:54 PM »

Fangoria.com has a little tidbit on Larry Cohen considering remaking his cult classic Bad Movie It's Alive .  Curious parties can go here.

Now I'm not going to say that this is a bad idea.  I've never seen the first one (but I have seen the last two) so I can go either way here.  In fact, with the right backing and cast, Cohen might be able to make something here.

But, to be honest, I'd be happier with news of a remake/sequel to Q .

In fact, that's what we need in this country today:  More movies about giant monsters!

At least I'd be happier.

And that's what's important.

Right?
=====================================================================

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 04:46:26 PM »

I'm all for it - Larry Cohen as that strange knack for making movies that are irreverent, whacky, creepy, and flat out scary all at the same time.

Just don't expect Rick Baker to do the baby effects work.

Monster movies, we need more monster movies.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 04:56:51 PM »

As much as I strongly hate this current remake trend,I'll have to say that Larry Cohen's new revisionist "It"s Alive" is very much welcomed,since it's been a long time since a Larry Cohen horror film has invaded our theaters,only Larry can succeed in making this new version, the time for a Cohen film is perfect for right now(to rescue us from all of this teenybopper horror schlock),and I'll be pretty curious to see how Larry lets his killer mutant baby(and babies) live on in this version.
josh patrick
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 05:30:02 PM »

thats the dumbest idea ever!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2002, 06:08:05 PM »

Cohen mentions that he would like to bring back original monster baby parents John P. Ryan and Sharon Farrell, perhaps in small cameos.  Maybe he could dig up Frederic Forrest and Kathleen Lloyd from It Lives Again and Michael Moriarty and Karen Black from It's Alive III: Island of the Alive so each movie gets a nod.

Just a thought, and maybe not that good of one, but still...I'm a nerd, what the hell do you expect!?!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 08:42:43 PM »

I too have never seen the original, but I'm for it; Cohen has a knack for making movies that are way better than they need to be. It'll be interesting to see what he can do on a bigger budget.
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 03:11:38 AM »

I remember when "It's Alive" first came out; people said "Phfft! A monster baby? What a load." It turned out to be well ahead of its time.

I'm hesitant to get excited about a remake: visions of "Planet of the Apes**t" still burn inside my brain. You can't top the Bernard Hermann score, and like "Apes," the impact of the film's final line can't be beat--or repeated.

I certainly won't repeat it here, because a lot of you haven't seen the original. DO SO. Especially before watching the sequels. "It's Alive III: Island of the Alive" is just...oh...ugh...eck. I canNOT believe that's the same guy who was so good on "Law & Order."

I can see a new version of "Q," though--as long as Cohen does better than "it must fly in a line with the sun!!" ...eck.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It Still Lives! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.