Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:25:55 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Terminal Invasion « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terminal Invasion  (Read 2147 times)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 16, 2002, 02:56:32 PM »

Anybody see it?  Two slimes in my book.

Bruce Campbell was either sorely miscast or poorly directed, his performance lacked the necessary zing to make his character come to life.  I never really believe that he was out for himself or would have killed anybody intentionally - NOT the kind of personality his escaped convict character needed to project.  He just kind of stood there and looked rather bored most of the time.  He needed a sense of humor and a boomstick.

I liked the aliens okay (in an odd coincedence they resembled those from the other alien invasion flick Signs more than a bit), but I saw the twists coming miles away.  I wasn't bored, and there were a few good momemts, but for every good moment there were at least three that I saw the outcome from a mile away AND I knew who was an alien and who wasn't almost from the get go.

And the airducts were way too large, again.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Josh Patrick
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 03:02:54 PM »

Well if you still think im crazy, i should keep my opinion out of this, but i cant, i agree with you.
Future Blob
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2002, 04:58:59 PM »

Did anyone else see the preview and think "Cheap The Thing ripoff?" It was refreshing that they made Campbell a murderer instead of something more cuddly, like a bank robber. It was also good how they never explained it with something crappy like "I killed the guy who murdered my wife" or something. Aside from that, it felt like a series premire. Some of the ideas behind the aliens were good, and Chase Masterson was hot, btu there was a definite lack of common sense in much of it.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2002, 07:52:28 PM »

Future Blob wrote:

>  Did anyone else see the preview and think "Cheap The Thing
> ripoff?"

You have not seen a cheap ripoff of "The Thing" until you have seen "Unknown Origin."  Some of the scenes are done just like those of the better movie.  Just think "The Thing" on the ocean floor.  I am going to start working on a review of that soon.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Lee
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2002, 09:22:28 PM »

What I saw of it I liked. I didn't catch all of it because for some reason whenever I think I have some free time and can watch a movie or surf the net my parents come up with some task for me to do.
John
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2002, 11:08:10 PM »

I liked Terminal Invasion, but it had some major plot holes. Spoilers follow;

Why did Bruce comment that when the authorities saw what was in the bathroom they wouldn't care about him anymore? What was in the bathroom were the bodies of two dead cops, the alien dissolved. Campbell killed the first alien by hitting him the head and the second one by shooting her in the head, so why did they spend the rest of the movie hiding? When the two kids started to change why didn't he just shoot them in the head? Why was the leader stronger than the soldiers, shouldn't it be the other way around? And why are they so happy at the end when all they did was stop a training exercise? Presumably the rest of the aliens weren't waiting for a bunch of trainees to succeed before going ahead with their plans.
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 01:51:11 AM »

<>

I agree 100%. I hate it whenever a character is an escaped con or prison inmate or something and their murder is justifiabel by some sap story or they didn't do it. A good writer can make a cold killer a likeable character. I also hate a somewhat newer trend to sidestep any actual character development by saying the hero has a daughter. I won't automatically feel for a person just because they have a kid, you have to earn that sort of thing.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 11:23:22 AM »

You have not seen a cheap ripoff of "The Thing" until you have seen "Unknown Origin." Some of the scenes are done just like those of the better movie. Just think "The Thing" on the ocean floor. I am going to start working on a review of that soon.

Yup!  Caught that one a few weeks back.  Pretty bad.

The zinger at the end makes the last 30 minutes or so of the film senseless.

If *all* the survivors were infected, why the battle to keep the one guy who was known to be infected from getting on the lifeboat?  And why was he trying to kill the others if they were infected, too?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 11:25:58 AM »

John wrote:
>
> And why are they so
> happy at the end when all they did was stop a training
> exercise? Presumably the rest of the aliens weren't waiting
> for a bunch of trainees to succeed before going ahead with
> their plans.

Oh my God, this was an unwitting prequel to SIGNS!!!!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2002, 11:26:54 AM »

J.R. wrote:
>
> A good
> writer can make a cold killer a likeable character.

Quentin Tarantino anyone?  Anyone?

Chadzilla
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Terminal Invasion « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.