Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:41:00 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PAX: Bad Movie Heaven « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PAX: Bad Movie Heaven  (Read 7682 times)
Vermin Boy
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2002, 12:37:23 PM »

Reading that review was like a load off my shoulders...

About a year ago, I was channel-surfing, and caught the tail end of an interview with R. Lee Ermey on one of the big Bible channels. As if that weren't surreal enough, the interviewer closed by saying, "I've been talking to R. Lee Ermey, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES." I've been haunted by that clip ever since. What the hell was he talking about? Do they know something we don't?

Now that I've read that review, the clip makes sense. I no longer have to worry about a shadow government run by over-the-top character actors (although, come to think of it, I'd probably prefer that...). Now, of course, I have to see Megiddo.
TC
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2002, 01:20:41 PM »

The scary thing about Omega Code 1 and 2 is the amount of people who rented that piece of crap when it came out.  I remember working at Blockbuster Video and people complaining we didn't have enough copies since they were all checked out.
Foywonder
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2002, 10:40:35 PM »

Hell, I bought a copy of MEGIDDO the day it came out, but not for the same reasons that most those wanting to rent it had.

Anymovie where Satan looks up to the heavens and taunts God with "BRING IT ON!!!!" is a winner in my book! :)
Squishy
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2002, 08:48:05 AM »

NOVEMBER UPDATE!

Saturday November 16th--afternoon: Director David Giancola (MST3K fans will know the name from "Time Chasers;" Bruce Campbell fans will know it from "Icebreaker") has a stinkburger coming up on PAX--John Schnieder and Stacy Keach in "Lightning: Fire From The Sky," yet another disaster movie involving some psuedoscientist who can "predict" an oncoming catastrophe but can't convince anyone.

...Speaking of which, the horrific "Tornado Warning" will return on Sunday November 17th. Joan Van Ark, folks--worse than "The Last Dinosaur." I kid you not.

Check it! "Time Chasers," "Lightning," and "Icebreaker" all came from Edgewood Studios! Check out the other astonishing crap they've scraped together! See how low yesterday's stars have fallen! (Oh, come on. "Killer Flood! The Day The Dam Broke?" Yes, that's not just a movie, that's cinema art.)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2002, 12:35:15 PM »

Foywonder wrote:
>
> I saw OMEGA CODE in a theater where some people started
> applauding at the end. Apparently they had never actually
> seen a movie before.
>

Maybe they were just really happy the movie was finally over.

I remember seeing promos for THE OMEGA CODE on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.  They had their evangelists telling people to make plans for entire church groups to go out and see the movie.  Even going so far as renting an entire theater if they have to.  Well, that's one way to up ticket sales.

Now if you want to see a low-rent version of THE OMEGA CODE (yes, it is possible), check out the APOCALYPSE series.  I own the fourth one, but only because it has the man, the legend, Mr. T.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Creepozoid
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2002, 01:58:24 PM »

Ok. OMEGA CODE is a great movie if you remember that it's Christian. Yeah, maybe if you idiots read the Bible more often you might get some of this stuff.
Squishy
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2002, 03:17:26 AM »

Chill out. It's those of us who HAVE actually read the Bible who get the biggest laugh out of exploitative, lunatic "end times" garbage like this.

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men."
Matthew 6:5
Kyla
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2002, 01:56:07 PM »

Creepozoid wrote:
>
> Ok. OMEGA CODE is a great movie if you remember that it's
> Christian. Yeah, maybe if you idiots read the Bible more
> often you might get some of this stuff.

okay... i think it's hilarious that some people think just because something (ie: movies,music, ect) has a religious affiliation that makes it GOOD
NO!!!!
i have seen/heard alot of stuff that was total crap, quality wise, but it gets on the market and actually does well because it seems people are afraid of "God's wrath" if they say something made in"His" honor isn't good.

but.. i guess everyone has different opinions...
that's what makes this place so exciting

granted there is alot of stuff made to honor "God" (whatever religion you may be into), that IS good, some seriously great, uplifting, and wonderfuly done works that can actually stand on thier own away from thier afflilation. I am just saying that it's funny TO ME that alot of crap gets thrown in there too and it seems the only reason it DOES get thrown in is because of it's religious affliation.
my opinion
whatever....
kyla
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2002, 02:14:58 PM »

I'm a fan of Left Behind (both movies AND books), go figure.  I also enjoyed The Omega Code, although probably not quite in the way the filmmakers, as sincere as they liked to think they were being, intended it to be for me.  I consider these things simple Christian fantasy, a point I hope to make clear, if I don't, sorry, I tend to ramble.

I am no eschatologist (the branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of mankind) or dispensationalist expert, but the church I attend holds the time limit belief (that there is only such and such amount of time for the Dispensation of God' Grace before Christ blows the whistle, judgment falls, and everybody's out of the pool).  The church my brother attends does not.  A Christian friend of mine likewise does not believe in the end times theories.  Both sides have compelling cases, but the dispensationalist theories have only been around for 150-200 years and were largely formed in the USA and have spread out from there.  Whenever end times hysteria gets really cooking I just say 'Remember the great disappointment of 1849' - a Minister convinced his flock that the time had arrived.  Everybody sold off ALL their holdings (farms, personal goods, etc) and stood out in a field and waited for the Second Coming...and waited....and waited...and waited...eventually the Minister admitted he got the math wrong and everybody had to somehow pick up the pieces of the wreckage made of the their lives.  Somehow the Seventh Day Adventist Church formed from that rubble.

I don't have any texts close at hand to quote directly from (I'm at work), but I do know that the Bible (Old & New Testament) is pretty darn strict in forbidding listening to those who interpret omens, and that False Prophets can and will be found everywhere.  I think the whole End Times predictions can be hearded into that, for Chist said only the Father knew the exact time and place the events would unfold, no one else.  So when Pat Robertson (one of the biggest Salvation as Pyramid Scheme hucksters out there) goes on Hannity and Colmes and, when backed in a corner, says 2007 as the end, I just roll my eyes.  Same goes to Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, Timothy LaHaye and all the others.  I consider their non-fiction prophecy interpretation nothing more than infotainment (i.e. entertainment disguised as information, much like the true life haunting stories constantly sold by Ed and Lorraine Warren) that say more about those writing them than they do the Bible itself.

One of the things Squishy's bible quote can be taken as saying is beware of those that simply Talk the Walk as opposed to actually Walking the Christian Path.  Always keep your eyes and ears as open as your mind, and pay attention to the details.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2002, 04:06:32 PM »

For this - Coming Soon: A sneak preview of Arachnia!!!!

Killer SPIDERS anyone?  Oh, goodie!!!

:-)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Kyla
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2002, 04:38:58 PM »

on the way back from lunch i had the misfortune of catching a quite horrible song on the radio,( i mean it was BAD), but they were playing it because of it's affliation with the Tony Hawk Boom Boom Huck Jam
and realized it's not just religiously afflilated "crap" that get's airtime or put into theatres, it's where ever the money is
i don't know WHY that didn't hit me before i posted, oh well
so my apologies for singling out religious music/movies
it happens in all genres
everyone wanting to make the most money they can in the shortest amount of time

anyway, i am at work
bored to death obviously
with nothing better to do than post random meaningless posts
ahaha
sorry guys

kyla
Creepozoid
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2002, 07:23:06 PM »

Christian Movie Breakdown

OMEGA CODE: Good. I'll have to see the sequel.

LEFT BEHIND: Lord, what have I done to deserve this?

APOCALYPSE, REVELATION, TRIBULATION, and JUDGEMENT: A great series. Hope Cloud Ten doesn't dump it and go on with Left Behind.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2002, 07:43:50 PM »

Creepozoid wrote:
>
> APOCALYPSE, REVELATION, TRIBULATION, and JUDGEMENT: A great
> series. Hope Cloud Ten doesn't dump it and go on with Left
> Behind.

Well, they just finished Left Behind II: Tribulation Force (the DVD of which sold very, very well - evidently coming in #2 at Amazon, the first being Spiderman).  So get ready for Left Behind III: Nicolae sometime soon (or not too soon).

I haven't seen the other series, but any movie that pits Paul Le Mat, Howie Mandel, Gary Busey, Margot Kidder, Corbin Bersen AND Mr. T against the Anti-Christ (Nick Mancuso) is a must see in my book.

Waterproof with Burt Reynolds, Deceived with Judd Nelson (and Louis Gossett Jr) are other must sees on my list.

I am praying that Cloud Ten is around for many years to come.  :-)

PS - I've also seen one advertised called Escape from Hell, that looks entertaining, have you seen it, or anyone else?

Chadzilla
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2002, 09:02:42 PM »

I didn't like what little I read of the (Left Behind) books so I wasn't in a hurry to see the movies.

Then again, I ddin't like the VeggieTales movie either :) so what do I know about Christian Pop Entertainment...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2002, 09:08:34 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:
>
> I didn't like what little I read of the (Left Behind) books
> so I wasn't in a hurry to see the movies.

I like 'em in a "Hey, I'm reading Irwin Allen's Production of the Book of Revelation in book form!" kind of way, they are to Bible prophecy what The Swarm is to Arthur Herzog's novel.  Take that anyway you like it.

>
> Then again, I ddin't like the VeggieTales movie either :) so
> what do I know about Christian Pop Entertainment..

Haven't seen it, but I like the videos though.

Chadzilla
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PAX: Bad Movie Heaven « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.