Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:29:09 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - The New Battlefield Earth? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - The New Battlefield Earth?  (Read 1565 times)
Foywonder
« on: September 21, 2002, 06:59:43 AM »

Rotten Tomatoes current score:

0 positive reviews
61 negative reviews

At the very least, it's poised to become the new CHILL FACTOR.

Now I have got to rush out and see this one for myself!
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 07:49:16 AM »

My favorite shrill rant from a wounded critic at RottenTomatoes.com, so far:

"Whether it's the worst movie of 2002, I can't say for sure: Memories of "Rollerball" have faded, and I skipped "Country Bears."
-- Lawrence Toppman, CHARLOTTE OBSERVER

...Wow, that's ice cold.
josh patrick
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 09:20:16 AM »

i saw it last night and it did suck! i hated it, it had a really dumb story, i wont ruin it with description, but it was pretty bad, let me tell you. it was really over the top, like shoot and barrel and it blows up really big, no really really big! there was no character development at all, everything has been done before to dead, and ray parks was in it.
Lee
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 11:30:55 AM »

I happen to like Ray Parks. He's a cool guy and the reason I was concidering seeing this. Since I first heard about this movie I got a bad vibe from it. It just seemed way to close to that pile of crap known as Charlie's Angels(including the nutjob director that can't go by a real name). At least they picked the least annoying of the Charlie's Angels( not hard considering the other two are Drew Barrymoore and Cameron Diaz). What the hell happened to Antonio Banderas?
Dano
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 12:32:13 PM »

...it HAS to be better than Battlefield Earth by virtue of Lucy Liu alone.  120 minutes of Lucy Liu chopping onions in a monk's robe would be better than Battlefield Earth.  Whether it's the worst movie of 2002, I'll have to go see it because it's gonna have to be BAD to edge Rollerball.

I may withdraw my first statement if I see it and agent Sever breaks into an Army Base to steal a Marine aircraft with Navy markings after training to fly on an Air Force simulator.  I think some people forget how bad Battlefield Earth really was.
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 05:13:41 AM »

From the IMDB:

"Opening on just 26 screens the Japanese anime film "Spirited Away" earned $450,000, ($17,000 per screen). The Rotten Tomatoes website said Monday that the movie had received not a single negative review from 55 print, broadcast and online critics and was in fact the best-reviewed film of the year so far. Coincidentally, it observed, the new "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever" received not a single positive notice and was the worst-reviewed film of the year."

Yo, "Kaos:" Nyahhhh.
Everyone else: at least check out the Spirited Away trailer. Tell me if there isn't one scene that doesn't blow your mind.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 11:04:19 AM »

Intresting. I coulden't get the trailer to run on this computer. Whats the basic plot, Squishy? Jin-ro, Metroplis or Akira?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2002, 11:45:51 AM »

Try Alice in Wonderland .  That's the way everone else describes it.  Sounds good to me
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen - Whose found himself trapped in Wonderland far, far too often

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2002, 04:56:14 PM »

Miyazaki made "My Neighbor Totoro," "Princess Momonoke," and "Nausicaa," which is reviewed--along with "Spirited Away"--over at Stomp Tokyo. (I hate to plug Stomp Tokyo here, but that's where the review is.) Check out the giant-headed old bag!! Eeeeeeee!!!

"Neverending Story" fans will love at least one thing about "Spirited Away..."
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2002, 05:30:47 PM »

A whole lotta links on Swept Away can be found here for the curious.  This includes trailers and the like.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2002, 01:39:36 PM »

Miyazaki has an enviable track record. Hummm....think i'll check it out!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - The New Battlefield Earth? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.