Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:06:42 AM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Curt-Hiss the Drug Free Snake: It will change your life « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Curt-Hiss the Drug Free Snake: It will change your life  (Read 2978 times)
The Waffle Man
« on: April 29, 2001, 06:16:30 AM »

Please, Please, PLEASE tell me one of you out there has heard of this... thing... and that it isn't just a figment of my imagination! It's a one-hour anti-drug program which I believe was shown on public television in Mississippi, but I could be wrong about that. It looks to me like it was just a tape of a puppet play someone put on in a grade school auditorium. The plot is about Curt-Hiss and his friend Floaty and their quest to bring down a city-wide drug cartel controlled by a weasel and... someone else, who I'd rather not talk about right now. What stands out about Curt-Hiss?
1. The Puppets: They are quite literally sock-puppets, They are    made out of actual socks.
2. The Songs: Actual quote from a song the heroine sings while    trapped in a room with a bomb: "When this thing goes boom,    I'll be all over this room." Also, when the characters talk,    they each have a different person voicing them, but when they    sing there are only two actors voicing them. Also, the lip    movements don't match the songs at all; people sing with there    mouths shut while others move their lips without making noise
3. I may be overselling him a little, but the leader of the drug    cartel is scary on a number of levels (Almost none of them    intentional)
Well, has anybody heard of this? I've tried Jabootu, Stomp Tokyo, the IMDB, and the haunted wasteland that is the internet and come up empty each time. It's driving me nuts!

P.S. As I said over on the Stomp Tokyo message board, If I don't get some info on it soon, I'll do a scene by scene review of the thing. Believe me, I haven't even begun to describe the weirdness that is... *talks in scary echo-ey voice* CURT-HISS, THE DRUG FREE SNAKE Bwahahahaha...
The Waffle Man
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2001, 01:07:53 AM »

FOR THE LOVE OF PETER WHY HASN'T ANYONE ANSWERED ME?! WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?!

I seriously can't believe none of you have heard of this. You're missing one of the most amazing things ever to come from a television set.
Well, that's it, I'm doing the review. Look for it on the stomptokyo message board sometime this month.
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2001, 01:24:07 AM »

It probably had a very limited release, thus many of us have never seen the piece.

Andrew
Anonymous User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:29:27 PM »

curt-hiss, the drug free snake and the pusher's enemy

i've seen this tape. its genius.
its honestly one of the most successfully awful and entertaining tapes i've ever seen along with 'The Dragon and the Cobra'.
every possible aspect of the puppet show that could be poorly done IS poorly done, i.e. badly done voices, terrible writing, seeing the puppeteers' hands, seeing boom mics coming into shot from the top of the frame, lousy music.
the artwork is hauntingly awful as far as the physical puppets are concerned (especially the policeman) and the painted back grounds are so flat and poorly drawn that they alone can make you laugh out loud. the puppetry is completely stiff and unlively.
basically when you watch this tape you literally get the feeling that it was meant to be so bad that its good.
its a work of art. the holy grail of bad movies.

Post Edited (09-21-05 14:34)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Curt-Hiss the Drug Free Snake: It will change your life « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.