Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:03:44 AM
714432 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie gadgets, gizmos and artifacts. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie gadgets, gizmos and artifacts.  (Read 1822 times)
Neville
« on: October 03, 2002, 10:03:04 AM »

I have been thinking that many B-Movies have their own special guest gadget, and I am wondering which ones are the most hilarious. Any additions are wellcome, but I'd specially like you to list the more absurd and ill-conceived gadgets you can remember. Those which are absolutely unnecessary in real life
are awarded extra credits.

And here's mine: The resurrecting fluid from the "Re-animator" series. It didn't work very well on the movies, its effects can range from terrorific to laughable and about being used in real life... who would pay good money to have their dead relatives turned into bloodthirsty zombies?
raj
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 10:22:09 AM »

The codpiece in "Hell Comes to Frogtown."  Ouch!  Let's see, the human women need him to impregnate them, but if he tries to escape, well there goes the future of the human race.

And what guy wouldn't go along with a bunch of attractive women, all wanting him to sleep with them?
Luke Bannon
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 05:48:28 PM »

Hmm, maybe the device Gangrene used to make the killer tomatoes in return of the killer tomatoes. Basically a joke box with wires sticking out joined to a tube.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 06:37:16 PM »

I believe Andrew pointed out that ridiculous 3-bladed sword in The Sword and the Sorcerer.  

Not a B-Movie, but I've always been a big fan of Chewie's laser crossbow.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 07:09:21 PM »

Disembodied limbs that can perform stunning and completely impossible deeds...i.e. Elliebots severed arm pushing and clutching at Dr. Challis's head and jaw in Halloween III: Season of the Witch, or Ash's hand stabbing the girl in the back in Evil Dead 2.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 08:24:53 PM »

The Oscillation Overthruster from "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai."  Screw going back in time Doc, I want to race through a mountain!

Also, while in Buckaroo mode, a watermelon especially developed to be parachuted into famine areas.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Luke Bannon
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2002, 02:42:03 AM »

The Inirositor (did I spell that right) from This Island Earth or the orgasm machine in Barberella.
Neville
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2002, 06:20:31 AM »

Mmm... Actually the orgasm machine would please many people here on Earth, so I donĀ“t know if it is admitable
Squishy
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2002, 09:09:57 AM »

Eh, you all got the fun ones, so I'll stick to the classics: toss up between the "mesic atom projector" projector in "The Giant Claw," with which Mitch McAfee blows up the lab in a "successful" test, and Ro-Man's bizarre and pointless "Billion Bubble Machine" from "Robot Monster"--a high-tech device set atop a tilting wooden table in a frickin' cave.

And "Bat Shark Repellant."
Squishy
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2002, 09:16:54 AM »

...and having just watched "MST3K: The Movie" the other day, I'd have to say the device from "This Island Earth" is an Interocitor. That doesn't look quite right, but I tried it out on Google and found this. I wonder if they make a model I can torment Tom Servo with? Also found it spelled "interociter."

Metalunan In Shower: "Oh, that's not it. Let me try this..."
Tom Servo: (head bursts into flames) "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2002, 12:00:52 PM »

Ooooh, great link. But ever realise how hard it would be to watch a movie on a triangular screen? You think pan and scan is a pain in the Interocitor NOW!.......

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AndyC
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2002, 02:08:10 PM »

The solaronite (or whatever) from Plan 9, that explodes light and causes a chain reaction with all other light, destroying the universe. Ummm... how do they know it works?

The tickle ray from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is an odd weapon for a race that has evolved beyond fun and laughter.
Squishy
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2002, 04:11:56 PM »

I see "pan-and-scan" is being described now at "Fullscreen Edition" on videos now--probably in an attempt to confuse it with "Widescreen Edition."

Korea developed a "mild" irritating laser that can cause people to "scratch themselves to death" and makes giant monsters return to life and frug. And it's no bigger than an everyday flashlight was at the time! From "Yongary: Monster From The Deep."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Movie gadgets, gizmos and artifacts. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.