Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:39:45 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Toys from the late 70's & early 80's... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Toys from the late 70's & early 80's...  (Read 1202 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 13, 2002, 05:52:12 AM »

When I was a boy I received as a gift for Christmas a few different toys.  One in particular that comes to mind is the Shogun Warriors.  Did any of you have these as well?  I had this one  (Raydeen)...........(look on the left-hand side and click on where it says "Jumbo Machinders")  http://www.wildtoys.com/Shogun/shog.html

I also had the fist-firing Godzilla!  There was a lever on the back of his head that you could pull down and his tongue would come out revealing flames on it.  Paste the link from above and then scroll down and select Godzilla to see it!  

Man, seeing these brings back memories!  I also was an avid Star Wars, Transformers & G.I. Joe collector.  Does anyone also remember M.A.S.K.??(Mobile Armored Strike Kommand)  I loved M.A.S.K. and used to watch the cartoon all the time.  The camaro with the gull-wing doors that could fly was my fav.  I'm ashamed to admit it but I used to be big into He-Man as well and I also have "He-Man & She-Ra The Secret of the Sword" on tape.  Remember the He-Man slime pit and how they used to sell the individual containers of slime?  I loved the stuff!!  All of my toys however were sold by my mother in the many garage sales she hosted.  My collection was extensive.  I can only imagine what it'd be worth now!

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 10:32:51 AM »

You should check out X-Entertainment.  It's a site dedicated to 80's memorabilia.

Also, there are currently reviews up for GHOULIES, BASKETCASE and ELVIRA: MISTRESS OF THE DARK.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Will
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 11:18:07 AM »

Why be ashamed? I too have the He-Man/She-Ra movie.  It kicks.

Susan
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 01:29:26 PM »

My parents are packrats so some of my toys were saved..i think mostly due to the fact that when growing up we never got much so we weren't the kind of kids who disposed of our toys and broke them all the time. Most of the stuff we got was cheap and often dimestore (my father was military and I don't think i ever knew there was a toy section in stores until I was 9) I even have my favorite pull-toy puppy with red wheels I had when i was 3.

Nostalgia I still own:
Snooping/garfield and ziggy stuffed dolls.  incredible hulk doll, battleship galactica fighters, TONS of playschool people and various accessories(i don't think they even make them anymore), muppets plastic figures, tomy pocket games, Tandy championship baseball & hockey/football pocket electronic games, atari systems and games, small metal airplane models and cars (not sure if they're hot wheels) and yeah I even got a dukes of hazzard slide puzzle.
..and I don't even remember wha all else. I was sorta glad we didn't have the parents who sold all our stuff at yard sales when we grew up. It's niceto have them to look back and not be one of those people who seeks out stuff from my childhood on ebay. We were kids of the late 70's=80's. Mostly we never got all the big promotional toys, mostly due to supply and demand where we lived overseas. But we could have hours of fun tormenting eachother with water rockets. ;-)

I wouldn't be too upset, I looked through toy catalogues and most of these nostalgic toys aren't worth much. It's mostly what someone on EBAY might be willing to pay and particularly stuff from the 80's is in abundance enough that prices don't go high at all. Usually it tends to be anything that was limited edition or something people didn't collect and often they have to be in really good condition (often box included and never played with) to get much from it.  The only thing I wish i really saved growing up was my lunchboxes, I don't know why but they're such a big part of your childhood and you never think to save them. I had snoopy and dance fever and dammit I loved them!

Neville

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 12:18:35 PM »

My favourite toy was a construction game called TENTE. It was sold on separate kits and the thing to built could range from houses to ships (freighters, destroyers, even a carrier) or vehicles of any type, from chopters to tanks. I played it that much that eventually all the pieces went into a common pile and my creations started being really bizarre. I still think that if I could find the doddam carrier I would start playing with it right now, no matter what my relatives thought about it. I only gave up with this type of games when i was bought an Amsctrad CPC. I still play it maniatically, thanks to emulation.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
John
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 12:05:24 AM »

I still have many of my old toys; the first and possibly second series of Star Wars figures, plus X-Wing and Tie Fighters. A big box of assorted Micronaughts, including the building set. The giant Space 1999 Eagle toy (I don't think I have the figures or tiny accessories anymore). I used to have the full set of original Star Trek figures and the bridge playset, but my mother wanted to give those away at one point since I never played with them anymore and I let her, only keeping Spock. I also used to spend a lot of time playing with Lego blocks and had a few moderate sized sets. I also had a unique building set that came with plastic 'girders' and blue plastic panels printed with window designs so that you could build your own skyscrapers. Another set I got later included plastic roadway pieces and instructions for building bridges on a scale just right for Hotwheels cars. I remember once making a suspension bridge about 4 feet long.

My most prized old toy is a Remco Lost in Space Robot in reasonably good condition.

There were two toys I *REALLY* wanted but never got;

1. The 18 inch Kenner Alien figure. They weren't on the market very long and were quite expensive. Now they sell on eBay for $200+ with missing parts.

2. Mighty Casey Railroad. A line of toy trains big enough to ride on. Unfortunately, this was WAY too expensive for my parents.
Iressivor
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 01:51:58 AM »

Hooo, boy.  I have a LOT of classic 80's toys.  My pride and joy is a huge box filled with nothing but He-Man figures.  My cousin and I used to collect those things as kids.  Go-Bots were also a favorite of mine at one time, and so were Inhumanoids and Thundercats.  I also have a box full of those old WWF rubber wrestling figures.  Hogan, Andre, Piper, all of the older guys.  

IMO, there's no better site for 70's and 80's nostalgia than yesterdayland.com.  It has everything, from toys, movies, TV shows and arcade games, all the way down to lunch boxes.  It's great.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Toys from the late 70's & early 80's... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.