Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:43:47 PM
714480 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ooooh, wilbur wiggly's coming to get me, i'm so scared « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ooooh, wilbur wiggly's coming to get me, i'm so scared  (Read 930 times)
cat
« on: October 26, 2002, 04:05:13 AM »

so one summer morning i saw the tail end of this movie on amc, and the big evil warlock-guy villain was named, yes, wait for it - wilbur wiggly.  first of all, can anyone tell me what movie this was?  i think it was from the late 60s-early 70s & the story was something to do with our boy wilbur calling up his twin brother from the depths of hell & in the big money shot of the brother it looks like a mutant vacuum cleaner wagging its tubes everywhere in a psychedelic cloud of dry ice.  also, there were lame shrieky bird sounds whenever someone died and the birds were alleged to be trying to get the dead person's soul.

and second of all, is there any suckier name for a villain than wilbur wiggly?
John
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 07:30:04 AM »

>so one summer morning i saw the tail end of this movie on amc, and the big evil
>warlock-guy villain was named, yes, wait for it - wilbur wiggly. first of all, can >anyone tell me what movie this was? i think it was from the late 60s-early 70s &
>the story was something to do with our boy wilbur calling up his twin brother from
>the depths of hell & in the big money shot of the brother it looks like a mutant
>vacuum cleaner wagging its tubes everywhere in a psychedelic cloud of dry ice.
>also, there were lame shrieky bird sounds whenever someone died and the
>birds were alleged to be trying to get the dead person's soul.

This didn't really ring any bells, so I did a character search of the IMDB for Wilbur and it turned up a Wilbur Whateley in The Dunwich Horror, which is reviewed on this site;

The Dunwich Horror

Is this it?
Goon
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2002, 03:49:57 PM »

Soul stealing birds?  Rubber vacume cleaner/psychedelic monster as his twin?  Definately the Dunwich Horror.  A good story, I have yet to see the film but the original story is fantastic.  In the book Whateley gets killed about midway through and we find out that he himself is a hairy mutant tuby thing from the armpits down.  Perhaps 'Wiggly' would really have been more descriptive, but it would have lost some of the story's atmosphere.

"It was partly human, beyond a doubt, with very manlike hands and head, and the goatish, chinless face had the stamp of the Whateley's upon it. But the torso and lower parts of the body were teratologically fabulous, so that only generous clothing could ever have enabled it to walk on earth unchallenged or uneradicated. " -"The Dunwich Horror"

--------ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
cat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 06:53:42 AM »

thanks so much!  & eek, don't i feel silly  ::eyeroll::  this is indeed the movie and i can now sleep soundly at night, no longer tormented.  plus, now i that i know 'wilbur wiggly' doesn't belong to anyone i can use it for my own vile ends, and i shall, oh yes.  you all are the best!
John
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 09:39:04 AM »

>oh yes. you all are the best!

We aim to please. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ooooh, wilbur wiggly's coming to get me, i'm so scared « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.