Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:41:01 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mullholland Drive vs Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mullholland Drive vs Jeepers Creepers  (Read 1086 times)
Scott
« on: October 30, 2002, 03:03:46 PM »

Just finished Mullholland Drive and Jeepers Creepers here are my thoughts

MULLHOLLAND DRIVE - This film starts out so great and then kinda looses me at the end, but its still a good film. That creature that slides out from behind the garage made me really jump. It was great ! Some of the characters were really strange which is my kind of film. A lot of lesbian action here so don't show it to the kids. Again it kinda looses my interest at the end. The last 20 minutes or so. I do like Lynches style.

JEEPERS CREEPERS - I really enjoyed this film and I don't see all the pedefile references many have mentioned here earlier. The film had great images especially with the truck and the driver sending the bodies down the tube.
It had some weird scenes like the waitress coming out and telling them that the guy just came out and smelled his clothes. How about the old lady with the cats? That was fun. The film was really great and actually scared my wife. How about the ending where the creature has the guy in his workshop and he's sitting there like anyone person might do, only differents he has wings. For me the only part I didn't like was the creature outfit, but other than that it was great. Did this film remind anyone of these movies?

Gargoyles (winged creature)
The Birds (crows)
Micheal (the regular winged guy)
Duel (with the truck)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 04:54:42 PM »

I like Mulholland Drive (David Lynch is one of my all-time faves), but I can't help but think of what might have been; it was originally shot as the pilot episode of a TV series, but ABC backed out at the last minute and Lynch shot the new ending. As unique as the movie is, I think it would have been better as the series it was meant to be.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 12:30:46 AM »

I don't know, MULHOLLAND DRIVE probably would have been great for the first season and then lost steam at a tremendous rate after that.  Like TWIN PEAKS.  And it may have been an impossibility that it would ever find its t.v. audience.

I really liked the movie though.  I think it's sort of the apotheosis of all Lynch movies to date, in that it reconfigures and recontextualizes almost all the elements of his previous films.  I think after this, Lynch is going to have to find some new ways of expressing his weirdness, for fear of repeating himself into irrelevance.

Not that I wouldn't watch that anyway.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
John
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 02:39:42 AM »

>I don't know, MULHOLLAND DRIVE probably would have been great for the first
>season and then lost steam at a tremendous rate after that. Like TWIN PEAKS.

That's because somewhere along the way, Lynch forgot that you actually need a story to base the weirdness around.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 06:01:15 AM »

I did not like Mulholland Drive. It was very disjointed and uneven, a side effect of being a TV pilot. I'm just not a Lynch fan; I think he piles together lots of weirdness without actually piling it together in a way that makes any sense. But that is the essence of Lynch: never make sense. That way anyone who says they don't get it is deemed uncool. Very devious...

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 01:50:11 PM »

I liked "Mullholland Drive" myself Maybe I just like wierd directors. Ken Russell is another of my favorites. But, if you want something a little less wierd and by Lynch, then check out his "The Straight Story" w/ Richard Farnsworth and Sissy Spacek.
Enjoy!
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 12:04:06 AM »

There are few "monsters" in a movie that creep me out more than those two maniachal old people with their shrieking laughter and old people claws......

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mullholland Drive vs Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.