Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:53:02 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  films everyone likes but you « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: films everyone likes but you  (Read 8042 times)
Chris K.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2002, 12:31:08 PM »

Their were some good reviews of WINDTALKERS and I have run into some people who said good things about it. So, even if it did bombed some people/critics still liked it (but that is not saying much).

Either way, WINDTALKERS still stank.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2002, 12:32:18 PM »

BUCKAROO BANZAI -- I never figured out the appeal of this film.  I fall asleep every time I try to watch it.
frannie
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2002, 03:26:20 PM »

Brock wrote:
> I also think that Braveheart, Office Space, and Schindler's List are way overrated.

office space is a lot better once you spend some time in a cubicle.  i actually have a "milton" clone sitting next to me right now.
mark chopper
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2002, 04:44:50 PM »

finally someone who agrees with me the Matrix sucks!
mark chopper
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2002, 04:48:06 PM »

i can't stand the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Tim Curry's hairy ass in lingerie and musical numbers-NO THANKS!
raj
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2002, 04:57:27 PM »

I'd throw Out of Africa in the barrel.  I think it did fine at the box office, won the Oscar, and got praised by critics.  I got dragged to it by my family (mom & sis loved the book).  Let's see, rich Danish woman moves to colonial Africa, has problems with her farm (gee, name me a farmer who doesn't) and whines because her hubby has an affair.  So she goes after Robert Redford.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Also, anything by Roman Polanski.  I did like Bitter Moon for its intensity, but I can't understand why the critics love him.
Perk
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2002, 05:10:18 PM »

Another movie that I just did not get was Secrets and Lies.  Every time I tried to sit through it I wound up sleep before the daughter ever got to the house to talk to the mother.

Also A Clockwork Orange made me mad.  I waited up one night until 4 in the morning to watch it because my VCR was on the fritz and I heard it was such a good movie but after watching it and seeeing Malcolm McDowell naked I had a few problems with it.  it was just disturbing and not really good to me.

Oh and Natural Born Killers was disappointing
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2002, 05:18:40 PM »

I agree on the matrix as well, I fell asleep when I went to it in the theater, everyone said it was good so when the video came out I rented it and found I didn't miss much by sleeping
John
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2002, 07:17:03 PM »

I used to like Tom Hanks when he made comedies, but I can't stand any of his latest films, like Sleepless, You've Got Mail (AKA Sleepless II), Castaway etc.

Also add to that list any 2+ hour british drama with a cast full of people with titles where absolutely nothing happens.
chopper
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2002, 07:45:06 PM »

you're right. like i've told a million people before 'if you ever seen any hong-kong action film from the earyl 90's, wire choreography period, you've already seen the matrix, only done 10 times better.'
jmc
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2002, 09:07:35 PM »

I've never even seen The Matrix.  I just never got around to seeing it in the theater, and haven't been interested enough to check it out on video.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2002, 09:18:57 PM »

What's with all the Matrix bashing? Anywhoo-

Dazed And Confused- Critics were drooling all over it, I rented it and found it a boring piece of crap.

The Exorcist- This is supposed to be scary. It's not.

Moulin Rouge- This is the most visually striking film of the year if you enjoy seeing a midget John Leguizamo bounce around in the most nauseating editing ever.

2001- Dum...Dum...Dum...BOR-RING!!!!

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
jmc
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2002, 09:30:44 PM »

I didn't like MOULIN ROUGE enough to watch all of it.  Who knows, it might have turned out really good, but I gave up on it after about half an hour.  

I think THE EXORCIST is scarier to people who believe that kind of stuff is real.  
All I know is, I've had nightmares about the possessed Regan McNeil for years now.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2002, 02:40:56 PM »

Dances With Wolves.  It had pretty scenery and THAT'S ALL.  The rest of it -- like his other post-1990 movies - was a Kevin Costner ego trip and a poor poor take off on better movies like "A Man Called Horse."  His cinematographer - not his directing - won that oscar for him.  Unbelievably poor.

Also Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.  For all the immense amount of hype behind that film it all boiled down to being a karate movie, and not a very exciting one at that.  Like Dances With Wolves, it was a lot of pretty scenery and pretty actors and zero in the way of substance.  I didn't dislike it as much as Dances With Wolves, but relative to the inordinate hype surrounding it, it was terrible.

Finally Minority Report.  I actually LIKED Minority Report, but the topic of the thread made me think about how I saw it and how all the people I know and all the critics I read saw it.  I thought it was an imaginative though somewhat overlong sci-fi flick (a good thing) that was saddled with a megastar where a lesser-known would have fared better as well as a really really Hollywood ending.  All in all, a B-minus and worth the price of admission.  But the incredible praise heaped on it still has me scratching my head.  And since someone mentioned the Matrix, I could say all the same things -- I liked it but the overly positive public and critical acclaim baffled me.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Bernie
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2002, 05:07:42 PM »

This goes back a ways but I thought "Terms of Endearment" was the most cynically manipulative piece of poo I ever saw.  I actually got angry at it!  I couldn't (and still don't) understand the lavish praise it garnered when people should have been throwing rocks at the screen.

The "Star Wars" prequels are the most overhyped worthless sacks of celluloid ever put over on an undemanding public.  No virtue whatsoever.  None.  Not even worth discussing.  Lucas doesn't even have enough sense to be ashamed.

I'm sure there's more but I seem to have blocked them out of my mind....
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  films everyone likes but you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.