Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:43:54 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Black Comedy « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite Black Comedy  (Read 5304 times)
ahab
« on: November 06, 2002, 05:45:28 AM »

What is your favorite black comedy. Mine is Very Bad Things with Christian Slater and Daniel Stern. It always makes me laugh and i always feel bad about laughing but it is a movie. What movies make you laugh and then feel guilty about laughing?

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart,
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 10:25:40 AM »

Very Bad things is good for that.....I also laughed a lot durring "happiness."  That one scene where they blow that kids brains out in the car in Pulp Fiction is very funny....it would be really hard to pick a favorite though.....

"Anybody want a peanut?"
chris
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 05:02:03 AM »

Scorsese's After Hours and King of Comedy score very high.  Also, I love The Dark Backwards, Parents, and Novocaine. (not listing all the horror/black comedies, that would take forever)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 06:33:36 AM »

It is much more a drama than a black comedy, but that Scorsese film with Nicolas Cage, "Bringing out the dead", has some real funny stuff, specially the parts with Ving Rhames.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 11:00:33 AM »

Speaking of Cage films, another good black comedy scene, thoug not necesarilly movie, was in "The Rock" where that huge heater fell on that dude and killed him, but he was still twitching and it was making it hard for Cage to concentrate....Connery says: "What do you want me to do, kill him again?"  It was pretty funny.

I also thought "4 Rooms" was great for black comedy stuff.

"Anybody want a peanut?"
raj
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 11:16:30 AM »

I found Harold & Maude to be surprisingly good, though the scene with them in bed grossed out almost the whole audience.
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 11:25:23 AM »

Harold and Maude is an incredible film.  I really enjoyed it!

"Anybody want a peanut?"
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 12:26:41 PM »

I don't know about being guilty laughing at it, but my favorite black comedy of all time is Heathers.  For about two years, that movie was food, drink, and air to me.

Nathan

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2002, 02:37:47 PM »

I agree.  Heather's is my all time favorite black comedy.  

CORN NUTS!!!!!!

Evan3
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 03:07:23 PM »

I did enjoy Very Bad Things, but I think my favorite is Death to Smoochy, very darf, very bizzare, pretty funny
ahab
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2002, 04:04:00 PM »

I can't believe i forgot about Heathers. thanks for reminding me that one is going in the must rent pile.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Bernie
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2002, 05:07:15 PM »

The Ruling Class with Peter O'Toole (1972 I believe).  By the end the laughter will turn to dust in your throat!
Bernie
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2002, 05:09:59 PM »

Oops, I almost forgot Citizen Ruth.  Skewers just about every conservative AND liberal pretention on the abortion issue imaginable.

Eating Raoul, a classic.

Greaser's Palace.

A Boy and His Dog is kind of a black comedy, isn't it?....
StatCat
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2002, 05:22:45 PM »

Harold and Maude is definitely a favorite of mine also.
peter johnson
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2002, 05:53:28 PM »

Bernie hits 2 huge ones -- Peter O' Toole in "The Ruling Class" delivers really the film performance of a lifetime.  Yet nowhere near the same number of people who saw, say, "Lawrence of Arabia" have seen this one.  I usually get blank stares when I name this one.  I suppose "black comedy" is as good a term for it as any, but it presses so many buttons at the same time, I tend to think of it as in a class by itself.
Peter O' Toole also stars in another black comedy called "The Stunt Man", which is also very allegorical.
Also, though billed as s/f, "A Boy and His Dog" definitely has its wondrous "B" moments.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite Black Comedy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.