Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:31:47 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dagon « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dagon  (Read 893 times)
Scott
« on: November 10, 2002, 12:13:55 AM »

DAGON isn't bad. Its a good film with the main character reminds you of the guy who comes out of the rain with Janet in ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.  

The human girlfriend is good part in the film.

The boat in the ocean at the beginning was a neat part of the film. Reminded me alittle of RED TIDE.

The stuff that comes out of the mouths of these gill people is rather shocking. I just don't like the use of CGI in films.

The connection between the guy and tentacle girl is bizarre and will keep your interest.

I just didn't like the feel of those clammy gill people hobling around. They kinda played the role of zombies, but you might say they were all wet.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 10:49:32 AM »

I liked it, probably a three slimer in my book.  Dug up my old post for this one too:

Resident Evil, Dagon, other stuff

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Neville

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 07:13:17 AM »

Always surprises me nobody talks about the skinning scene. The theatre seat still has the marks my nails carved on it.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 01:29:19 PM »

Neville wrote:
>
> Always surprises me nobody talks about the skinning scene.
> The theatre seat still has the marks my nails carved on it.

That was very harrowing, even watching it on a TV.  It must have been very intense in the theatre.  Where'd this one get a theatrical showing?
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 01:51:55 PM »

The skinning scene is the among the only scenes in cinematic history (along with the ankle-stabbing from Evil Dead and the eye-splinter in Zombie) that I've been genuinely disturbed by.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Neville

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 06:27:40 AM »

Gerry asked "Where'd this one get a theatrical showing?"

In Spain, for sure, and, just maybe, in France as well. If you take a look at the beginning of any Fantastic Factory flick, you'll see they are partially financed through spanish and european subventions. I guess that they only can get those funds if they release the films in theatres. Anyway, heard their last film, "Darkness" may be released in the USA through Dimension films.

Funny fact: the premiere of "Dagon" was at the Sitges film festival, and many members of the audience were polititians (Ministry of Culture people). I'd pay anything to see their faces at the end of the film.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 09:23:21 AM »

I can't believe I watched this film with a blue tint on it. I thought it was an artsy foriegn film, but I later noticed that my TV was set for blue tint. Now I might have to watch it again one day.

When I first bought the DVD player and new flat screen TV I could figure out how to get rid of the blue tint that appeared when playing movies. I also seen HORROR HOTEL and CARNIVAL OF SOULS (original) with the blue tint. I love both movies, but it took me awhile to correct the problem of tint on the TV. I love b/w movies and to bad my first impresions of those to films is with the distraction of blue  tint.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dagon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.