Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:14 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you stay through the credits? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you stay through the credits?  (Read 956 times)
John
« on: November 10, 2002, 04:43:32 AM »

I don't go to the movies all that much, but when I do go, I usually like to sit through the credits to see if there are any little surprises at the end, like Ferris Beullor telling people to go home, or the little bit at the end of Lethal Weapon III. However it seems I'm alone in this. One friend that I went to a few movies with, found it outright annoying that I didn't want to leave as soon as the credits start rolling and usually by the time the cast has gone by, the theater is empty except for me and the ushers sweeping up the spilled popcorn and assorted trash.

Anyone else do this?
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2002, 04:56:33 AM »

Yep. Especially if it's an oddball comedy like Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back. I usually keep looking back at the credits on the screen as I'm walking out. Staying is weird, though. Being alone, watching the credits roll in an empty theater feels very uncomfortable.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 08:32:56 AM »

I usually follow the herd and walk out as soon as the credits start to roll.
If it's cold outside and I sense that the film is coming to an end, I start to put my coat on.  
As do most other people in the theater.
You can usually hear or see them shuffling around, getting ready to leave,  in anticipation of the end.
There are some movies though where I just have a feeling that something else will pop up after the credits have rolled.  
If I have "that feeling" then I usually stay.

AndyC
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2002, 09:37:41 AM »

If there's something in the credits I want to see, like the name of an actor who looked very familiar or stood out in some way, I'll stay for the cast. In the days before the soundtrack album was almost as important as the movie, uit might also have been necessary to identify a song and artist. The other circumstance is when it looks like something funny might happen.

Not watching the end credits is understandable. What bugs me is when my friends rent a movie  and fast forward through the opening credits. They just go straight through the warning, the studio logo, the credits and about ten seconds into the first scene. That p**ses me off. The opening credits are part of the movie.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 04:46:31 PM »

Yes, I always stay for the credits, when I see a film in a theater. I feel I owe it to the people who made the film an who's name appears in the credits. And sometimes, when it is a Jackie Chan or Pixar film, I like to see the outtakes, whether actual or fictional. Even if the outtakes are better then the movie, and you know you are in trouble then, such as in "Out in the Cold." Enjoy!
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2002, 07:52:55 AM »

I use to stand up and start going, but I always look back to watch the full cast, just to see who was "that guy" or "that girl". I use to wait until the end if I want to identify a song or a location, or sometimes simply to listen to the end credits music.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2002, 09:00:54 AM »

Check out the credits for Airplane and Airplane II sometime.  They're pretty funny.  Stuff like: "Best Boy - Bill Jones...  Worst Boy - Adolf Hitler..."  Also, when they do the whole legal disclaimer it says "All persons and events... yada yada yada... not held accountable...  yada yada yada... So there!"

The Onion did a pretty funny Op Ed piece a while back by "The Assistant to Mr. Affleck."  It was some whiny girl complaining about how at the end of the movie, everyone left before her name rolled in the credits of a movie.  She went and talked about the great effort and sacrifice put forth by the key grip and the foley editor in the movie and how the public just cast them aside to get to the parking lot a few minutes quicker.  Funny piece.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do you stay through the credits? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.