Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:51:00 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How many here are really interested in "Taken?" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many here are really interested in "Taken?"  (Read 1668 times)
John Morgan
« on: November 18, 2002, 01:10:03 PM »

Ever since the middle of Summer, the Scifi Channel has been pushing the miniseries "Steven Spielberg's Taken."  Their web site is loaded with stuff about the show too.  If it holds to Spielberg's previous attempts to play in "TV Land," it will be VERY BAD.  Just about every TV show that he tried to do, in recent memory, has be lousy.  Seaquest and Invasion America show that he could not do it very well.  Yeah they had a few good points every now and then, but in the end, you felt let down.

In short:

Hype + Sci Fi Channel + Steven Spielberg + TV Show + More Hype = BAD, VERY BAD

(And I don't mean BAD as in GOOD too)
Creepozoid
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 02:11:05 PM »

Are you saying you didn't like DUEL.? That's easily Spielberg's best movie.
John Morgan
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 02:57:32 PM »

OK, I never saw that one.

But my point is Spielberg's attemps at TV shows have been similar to Steven Kings books to movies, most are not that good.  Just Hype
Tommy
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 05:53:00 PM »

I might check out "Taken" just because I enjoy stories about Alien Abduction and Government Conspiracy — X-File like stuff.  I had an art teacher who swears he and his buddies saw a UFO while fishing on the lake one night.  He paints about it all the time.  We always say that he was abducted.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 06:00:55 PM »

I might check out "Taken" just because I enjoy stories about Alien Abduction and Government Conspiracy — X-File like stuf

Try out The Shadow Men, if you dare

Other than that, I'm not too excited about it.  Since the Farscape concellation, I'm a bit burnt on Sci-Fi channel and limited in interest to Lexx, Shatner's Full Moon adventures, and their occasional all-day theme-athons

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 06:27:20 PM »

No.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 09:49:30 PM »

Maybe this more a commentary on the ad people they got to promote the show, but I have seen the commercial about 20 times in the last few weeks and I'm not even the slightest bit curious about it.  They reveal too much in the commercial - not good for a conspiracy/alien show in my opinion.  I used to be an X-File fan, but I never watched another episode again after the I went to see the movie.  Scully still not a believer???  Come on.  If I want to get jerked around I'll call one of those debt reduction places that keep sending me e-mails.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 11:24:15 PM »

I liked Seaquest...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
John
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2002, 03:35:46 AM »

I plan on watching it. One of the ads said something like "10 parts, 10 directors" so each part will be directed by someone different. Maybe some of them will be good. Plus, I've nevber thought SS's past efforts were that bad. I liked Seaquest, at least during the first season before they started screwing around with it and I also liked Amazing Stories.

Besides, don't you want to be able to say you watched the longest miniseries in history? :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How many here are really interested in "Taken?" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.