Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:10:25 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pointless musings about movie violence « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Pointless musings about movie violence  (Read 8123 times)
Jim H
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2002, 09:17:37 AM »

This reminded me of an old idea I had.  

You take a serious movie, sort of a tragedy thing.  Let's say...  A mob movie, for instance.  Have everything be REALLY believeable and good, but it is kind of a tragedy sort of thing happening.  Ya know, it is a serious well-done drama.  Now, for the last half hour, have a regular, believable ending.  But ALSO film a totally ridiculous super well-done climactic gunfight where one guy defeats the entire bad guy organization.  

Think if there was an alternate The Godfather ending where Don Corleone single-handedly wipes out the other mobs in revenge.  EVERY movie should have an alternate ending that is completely random like that.
Jim H
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2002, 09:24:30 AM »

How about Attack! ?  One guy gets his arm run over by a tank (!!!) but still manages to get back.  His lust for revenge is what pulls it through.  When he finally bites, they examine him and can't believe he made it as he is like, out of blood.  That came out in 1956.  Good movie..

There's One-Armed Swordsman movie where a guy gets impaled on a sword, pushes it further threw him to kill the guy behind him, then keeps fighting.
BlackAngel
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2002, 10:00:04 AM »

Also, none other than Boromir of LoTR.  The guy take three of the biggest arrows you've ever seen and he still keeps on fighting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And may the Schwarts be with you
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2002, 03:54:54 PM »

wow, cool....

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2002, 12:37:45 PM »

"Attack" was a great war movie.
People have done amazing things before , with damage that seems mind boggeling.
"Attack" had a great cast. Buddy Ebson, Jack Palance, Lee Marvin, and....okey, its azhimers...the guy from "Green acres"....Mr Douglas....yeah, that guy. He played a cowardly officer who's gutlessness gets his men killed. Good actor, realy.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2002, 05:20:29 AM »

>okey, its azhimers...the guy from "Green acres"....Mr Douglas

Eddie Albert

BTW, I'm the one who's been posting under the name John, but tonight it tells me that another user registered that name.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2002, 05:55:09 PM »

Another good topic. Yes, hit someone in the head with a gunbutt, and you'll knock them unconscious. Yes, permanently. Hit someone in the head with a gunbutt, and you'll probably kill them.
Another favorite of mine, that hasn't been mentioned. Holding a knife to someone's throat. I know why they show it this way in the movies. Even with a dull, prop knife, an accident can happen. But, it is seldom shown correctly. The only time I have seen it done correctly is in the film "Ever After."
And of course the person holding the knife stands behind the victim, but, they stand behind the victim and to one side, so they make themselves a perfect target for a police sniper. They ought to stand directly behind the victim, so to make themselves less of a target.
And, as for J.R.'s comment: "Stereotyped Texan . . . with a gun on their hip." I live in Texas, and that stereotype is so close to the truth it is scary. If it had not been written into the state constitution to prevent the open carrying of a weapon, there are a number of Texans--both men and women--who would openly carry a gun on their hip.
Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pointless musings about movie violence « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.