Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:05 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Great find on late night « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Great find on late night  (Read 1176 times)
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 24, 2002, 01:56:24 PM »

Last night the wife and I were flipping through the stations and we found Spacehunter-Adventures in the Frobiden Zone. OMG, how bad can a movie get? I remember going to the theater to actually see this and walking out saying I will never see that again. But after so many years of not seeing it I actually enjoyed every second of it. My wife couldn't even believe that I was watching it.
Has anybody else ever been up late night and found a long lost gem on?

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 02:03:55 PM »

I remember making my mom take me to see it because it was a sci-fi movie in 3-D. I remember being really upset because we were going to have to wait and come back the next day because the showing we tried to go to was sold out. Hard to imagine, but that film was actually something of hit back then. Or maybe that old movie theater was just really tiny?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 02:17:06 PM »

All the time.  It was very drunk night a long time ago when I first saw "Greaser's Palace" and then I had to wait years to find it.  I was, to say the least, a little excited when the movie played at B-Fest.

Todd recently told me that he was watching cable one night and "Message from Space" came on.  He watched it.  (Before he only knew of it by my description.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 03:11:07 PM »

I caught about 2 minutes of Spacehunter last night. Although I have a feeling I've seen it before...

Is there a scene where Molly Ringwald is against this spider web looking thingamajig that's supposedly draining her of her life force?

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 06:27:38 PM »

Oh, yes. An old b&w b-movie from 1937 called "Slave Ship." Directed by a man called Tay Garnett, who would go on to direct episodes of "Bonanza," "Gunsmoke," "The Untouchables," "Wagon Train," and "The New Loretta Young Show," but, whose best known film is probably "The Postman Always Rings Twice."
And written by William Faulkner. Yes, that William Faulkner.
And what a cast. Probably most of the major b-film actors from the '30's with a few a-film actors thrown in. In the cast are Warner Baxter, Wallace Beery, Mickey Rooney, George Sanders, playing one his first villains, Jane Darwell, Joseph Schildkraut, Miles Mander, Arthur Hohl, Billy Bevan, Frances Ford, brother of director John, J. Farrell MacDonald, Paul Hurst, Charles Middleton, Dewey Robinson, Holmes Herbert, and appearing in the film, but, uncredited: Matthew "Stymie" Beard and Lon Chaney, Jr.
And what do I remember most about the film, besides the cast. The critics in 1937 complained the film was too violent. Enjoy!
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 10:39:36 PM »

I caught ROBOT MONSTER on the show 'off beat cinema' one night. its a weekly show and I try to watch it as much as I can. Robot monster was a classic. Awful awful monster costume that consists of a ape suit with a old old underwater diving helmet (those real old metal ones). Very very funny stuff.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Neville

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 06:24:01 AM »

Now and then I caugh some good stuff late at night, such as "Bleeders" or "Tank Girl", but TVs don't use to show this kind of stuff on a regular basis. It sort of comes and goes.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 12:38:18 PM »

"Limbs?  Do they have missing limbs?  I hate it when they are missing limbs..."

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 05:46:16 PM »

I still remember seeing Death Race 2000 for the first time at 3am on a local UHF station. I didn't get much sleep that night.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Scottie
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 11:59:05 PM »

Sometimes I don't mind having small bouts of insomnia every once in a while. It gives me a chance to catch up on some movies I've been meaning to see, or to catch something interesting on TV. A couple of times something comes on that knocks me socks off. What got me interested in collecting unMSTied movies was AMC showing The Deadly Mantis. I recorded it, but realized it was a crappy copy, so I got an original. Even USA is starting to show some bad movies. They showed the AWFUL Atomic Twister recently. Another called Rattler. And a movie the other night called The President's Man, a Chuck Norris movie, a movie that nearly broke me. I need to keep remembering that Chuck Norris' movies are HORRIBLE. Every once in a while, something really awful comes on, and I thank the day TV was invented.

-Scottie*
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Great find on late night « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.