Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:54:22 PM
714420 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  an open letter to Rob Schnieder « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: an open letter to Rob Schnieder  (Read 11991 times)
wuggles451
« on: December 01, 2002, 11:15:41 PM »

Dear Rob, The Robster, Rob-o-rama,
     As as much of a fan as one can be I am asking to stop. Just stop making this hideous crap...The Hot Chick? I mean really what is that its been a downward spiral since Duece Bigalow, which will forever be the apex of the mountain of s**t that is you career. Let us all take a deep breathe and just admit it, Rob, your movie career ended when the credits started rolling at the end of Surf Ninjas.
     (sigh)Now i feel much better, and dont get me wrong i think you are a funny guy, Rob. Lets just leave it at supporting roles from now on, ok? Good. Thank you for your time, but i'm afraid i need to go burn a copy of The Animal.

PS.(If Rob were to ever read this...well,I image him crying alone curled up in a fetal position)

Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 11:35:03 PM »

Everytime Rob Schneider Makes A Movie, An Angel Loses It's Wings!
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 11:43:02 PM »

Bryce, I hope you've seen the new ep of "South Park"...
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 12:59:31 AM »

Oh, yeah. Rob Schneider Der Da Der Doo Da. I thought Deuce Bigelow was surprisingly decent, but The Animal didn't even try to be funny. There were no jokes. And you know someone's running out of ideas when he pulls out the body-swapping concept. Schneider's career has gone on much longer than it should have (if you ever saw his standup you'd know it should have lasted three days) and I predict he'll be the next Andrew McCarthy. A bleak future, I know.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 01:38:47 AM »

i liked deuce....the rest was crap

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 03:27:57 AM »

It seems that I'm the odd man out on this thread.

I like most everything Rob Schneider has put out with him in the starring role.

He's kind of a weasel yet he's still likeable.

I haven't seen "The Animal" yet so I have no opinion on that one.

I look forward to seeing "The Hot Chick".

Rob was on Leno the other night and they showed a HILARIOUS pillow fighting clip from it!  

I don't think I'll spend the money to see it in the theater though.

I'll wait for it on video.

Keep em' coming Rob!

Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 12:03:19 PM »

I liked him as the funny sidekick in "Judge Dredd" and "Knock Off", but haven't seen any of his own career vehicles yet. Are they that bad?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 04:22:01 PM »

I think Neville hit the nail on the head. Schneider is funnier when he's not starring.

I used to actually use the guy as an example of an SNL alumnus who was doing the right thing. Instead of starring in a few crappy, forgettable comedies, trying to be the next Bill Murray (or something), Schneider seemed to be going the route of a character actor, taking lots of smaller parts in bigger movies. Boy, was I wrong.

Filling a niche, as a particular type of character, he was funny. I liked him in Demolition Man, Knock Off and Judge Dredd. As a comical supporting character in someone else's movie, he's a good fit.

I suppose the SNL virus was sitting dormant in Rob, because he soon made up for lost time. Pity.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Scottie
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 08:39:19 PM »

It was a matter of time before either I would write a post similar in content to this one, or someone would beat me to it. I agree fully and to the utmost extent. Rob Schneider needs to cease and decist making movies. There is no more I feel that needs to be said. Stop making movies.

-Scottie*
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 02:03:09 AM »

I do have to say that he was great in "The Waterboy"

"You can do it!"

"Anybody want a peanut?"
frannie
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 01:57:58 PM »

You can do it all night long!
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 07:32:08 PM »

Go ahead and pick on Rob Schneider now while he's making childish low-concept
dreck, because you may not be able to get these licks in down the line.

I can remember a nitwit (every bit as goofy looking as Schneider) who had a supporting role in an awful short-lived sit com with a premise as ridiculous as the least coherent Schneider vehicle.  He then potty-talked his way through a few low-brow movies that might have made even Mr. Schneider take pause...  and now, he is a two-time Oscar winner (nominated more I believe, and will be again this year) who is considered one of the hottest actor in Hollywood (though he remains goofy looking).  That man is Tom Hanks.

So laugh at Rob Schneider while you can, because in this Hollywood, ANYTHING can happen.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 07:38:26 PM »

The problem is this....I AM NOT LAUGHING!!!!  ;)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 09:08:52 PM »

Dano wrote:
<>

Whenever I see Hanks in a serious movie I think, "This is the guy from The 'Burbs, Turner & Hooch and Joe Vs. The Volcano, and now he has 4 oscar nominations!".

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2002, 09:16:52 PM »

Whenever I see Hanks in a serious movie I think, "This is the guy from The 'Burbs, Turner & Hooch and Joe Vs. The Volcano, and now he has 4 oscar nominations!".
*****  That's okay, whenever I see a Spielberg movie I think to myself: "From the director of Schindler's List... and Goonies."

But seriously, was Deuce Bigelow Male Gigilo (which I saw) or The Animal (which I didn't) any worse than Bachelor Party or Dragnet??  True, Schneider's crap seems more extreme than Hanks' crap, but that's only because Schneider's crap was filmed in the post-Something About Mary universe where the bar has been greatly raised.

I will chime in with Squishy on the latest South Park: the Schneider bits were hysterical.  They've got the Rob Schneider trailer announcer pegged.

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  an open letter to Rob Schnieder « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.