Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:47:17 PM
714387 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Feel Good Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feel Good Movies  (Read 7563 times)
Stupid jacob
« on: May 15, 2001, 09:13:21 AM »

I'm in the dumps today (girl trouble), so I'm thinking of stuff to take my mind off things. Movies came up and I began to think of some flicks that usally bring out of the dumps.
Here's my list of feel good movies
-Anything by Kevin Smith
-Army of Darkness
-Return of the Killer Tomatoes
-Evil Dead 2 (no, really)
-Detroit Rock City
-Rocky Horror Picture Show

How about your lists?
Will
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2001, 09:48:01 AM »

Gidget

Heavyweights (seriously, Ben Stiller makes this movie about fat camp bizarre and hilarious)

Revenge of the Nerds

Anything with Jackie Chan

Any episode of MST3K

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Ringneck
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2001, 11:47:16 AM »

Guys, you cant feel bad while watching Red Dawn.   Its also pretty much impossible to think about girls while watching the movie too, the patriotism/cool explosions/look army tanks! reigon of your brainblocks you from being able to think about women while you are watching.  

BradLaGrange
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2001, 12:18:18 PM »

Sure, for us guys. The Tanks look borrowed from the army agressor school. Imagin the new russian gear they got after the Gulf war? Cool! Still, in all fairness, what should respect what Fearie of Death and Abby like too....but i'll still watch any movie about tanks....Battle of the Bulge(M24 Chaffie Vs. M-47)...Kelly Heros (M-4 sherman Vs. Mk IV Tigers...correct except for the Road wheels...likely ex-T-34 suspension..same tanks used in Pvt. Ryan)....Patton( M-41 Walker Vs. M-47 Patton, Spanish Army).........
Ringneck
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2001, 04:09:42 PM »

Also left out "Vanishing Point".  No one, not of either sex, age, or IQ can dislike a movie about one man in a five state car chase driving a super charged 1970 Dodge Challenger.  Its a counterculture type movie, but doesnt add in usless hippie crap like all the Peter Fonda movies of the same era did to "prove" its not typical Hollywood.  Really bizarre characters which I think influenced the Eastwood/Bridges movie "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot".  THe movie even managed to include banjo music, a car chase requirement, and Jerry Reed(OK, just a song of his).   The soundtrack has lots of other cool songs too from music genres no longer around.  The FOX remake was very good too I thought, especially how they updated the themes for modern times, but too touchy feely.

Funfact: Thats a 1968 Camaro they use at the end that looks like Kowalski's charger.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2001, 04:59:28 PM »

Mine are:

Anything with Corey Feldman

Bad news Bears (I have a soft spot for this movie)

National Lampoon's vaction flicks

Porky's movies

and any musical I can sing along to, even though my voice is crap nothing beats screaming/singing out musical numbers
Andrew K
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2001, 08:05:17 PM »

Bullitt, Massacre at Central High, and most 50s science fiction films.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2001, 08:55:21 PM »

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. Hands down the most entertaining and anti-depressing movie I've ever seen. Also try Plan 9 From Outer Space, UHF, and any Dudley Do-Right cartoon.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2001, 09:48:28 PM »

THE PRINCESS BRIDE always lifts my mood.  Nevermind I've seen it so many times I can practically recite it verbatim.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2001, 12:41:18 AM »

"Galaxies Are Colliding" does the trick for me.
Very, very funny film... smart too.
Scott
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2001, 06:50:28 PM »

I think Vermin Boy hit the spot with PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE, but here are a few others

Stripes
Ed Wood(starring Johnny Depp)
High Anxiety
Encino Man
The Burbs

Mad Max (if your in the mood for action)
Dusk till Dawn
FaerieOfDeath
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2001, 10:38:14 PM »

For some odd reason, Chicken Run always brings out that warm fuzzy feeling, as does the Secret of Roan Inish (you can't beat little kids with Irish accents).  The Little Mermaid (remnant of my childhood) is a good one, and Cannibal: The Musical is also definitely high on the list, it's got gore, humor, and music numbers, what more could you ask for?
Wow, I just realised that "you can't beat little kids with Irish accents" has a double meaning.  Oh, well, take that as you wish.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Feel Good Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.