Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:28:42 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video Game Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Video Game Movies  (Read 1829 times)
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« on: December 10, 2002, 01:24:32 PM »

Was there any good ones? The only good ones I know of are the Street Fighter animes and the 1st Mortal Kombat, all the other movies based on video games were cheesy.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 02:13:04 PM »

It all depends on your definition of "good".

I thought TOMB RAIDER was a lot of fun, but it's no RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.
Creepozoid
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 04:49:03 PM »

TOMB RAIDER blows as do most video-game adaptations. Your best bet is FINAL FANTASY.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 05:25:48 PM »

am I taking crazy pills, or does everyone but me hate the SUPER MARIO BROS movie?

lol.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 05:52:51 PM »

FINAL FANTASY was good too, but I don't consider it a video game movie even though it shares a common name.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 05:57:00 PM »

Not me. It came out when I was 8, so maybe it's just that I have fond memories of it, but a lot of it suitably weird to keep me entertained even today. Gotta love the elevator scene, and the presences of Dennis Hopper and Mojo Nixon.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 06:47:54 PM »

am I taking crazy pills, or does everyone but me hate the SUPER MARIO BROS movie?

Need it be "or"?

I enjoyed Tomb Raiders as well.  I've never played the videe game.   It was just a few hours of mindless action/adventure fun.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2002, 08:56:28 PM »

systemcr4sh wrote:
>
> am I taking crazy pills, or does everyone but me hate the
> SUPER MARIO BROS movie?
>
> lol.
>

It's probably because you're taking crazy pills that you like that movie.

I liked the RESIDENT EVIL movie, although most people seem to not.  The original MORTAL KOMBAT was alright, with the exception of Mr. Lambert.  FINAL FANTASTY was neat, but those models can't act.

I think most video game movies backfire when they try to put the "video game" aspects in the movie.  So it just depends if it's got a good story or not.  Or in MORTAL KOMBAT's case, an excuse for fighting.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Iressivor
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 09:23:31 PM »

I enjoyed Resident Evil quite a bit myself.  I can't wait for the sequel.  Beyond that, Mortal Kombat was okay.  Street Fighter was far below my expectations, but the anime was top-notch.  Everything else basically stunk.
Megafury
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2002, 11:20:54 PM »

I was young when Street Fighter with Van Damme came out. I was impressionable to his flash kick, now I look back and laugh at the silly costumes and bad acting.

I tried liking  Resident Evil but I just didn't feel the susepsne when they were on the run from the zombies although the ending was interesting and made me look forward to the sequel.

I hated Mario for the silly looking characters and the jump boots. I would never associate Mario with some special boots but I guess they put it in cause it's hard to believe a fat guy could jump high without them.

the Tomb Raider was a sleeper, it had some good action at the endbut most of the time it was all talk.
Funk, E.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 12:08:54 AM »

Gawd! If resident evil could have captured so much as a moment of the creepy suspense of the game it would have been a better movie. It felt like a sugar free, low fat decaf latte... why bother? The game should not have more gore than the F'ing movie!
Squishy
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 08:01:57 AM »

I'd love to see a real stab at "Tekken," but I know it would never work. The anime was a nice try, but--as someone, can't remember who, pointed out--you can't work all the characters into a single storyline, let alone distribute the focus well enough to keep everyone--or anyone--happy. (The anime almost completely ignored Yoshimitsu, King, Paul, and Law, and they're popular characters. Michelle's "revenge" storyline was introduced, but went nowhere because so many OTHER characters had grudges to settle with the chief Bad Guy.)

I love parts of "Street Fighter" for the camp value--primarily the scenes between Raul Julia and JCVD--but overall it's pretty dull. ("Wait...wait...that's all Blanka gets to do? WTF? Wait...wait...that's supposed to be CAMMY? Oh, you gotta be s****in' me...")
Creepozoid
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2002, 01:40:46 PM »

MARIO was so moronic and such an obvious cash-in on JURRASIC PARK it was almost amusing...almost.

RE: I'm Romero fan so don't even get me started on it. Someone at a video-game store said it was better than NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. I told him to lick my balls.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2002, 05:18:33 PM »

There is one thing that redeems the Mario Bros movie for me. It gave me a word that I actually use quite a lot.  That word is 'Goomba'.  Goombas to me are on an equal par to mullets.  I don't know why but I find then entertaining. I know its kinda shallow and insensitive to laugh at the cranially challenged but such is life.

Pete
Funk, E.
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2002, 05:44:22 PM »

Err... Not that most people know or care, but "Goomba" like "wop" is a derogitory term for Italian. The Mario Bro.s I believe are supposed to be italian correct? I don't know. I'm not PC are anything, but just thought you'd like to know
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video Game Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.