Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:13:15 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings 12/25 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings 12/25  (Read 875 times)
Scott
« on: December 25, 2002, 11:23:44 PM »

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (1966) - Seen this film all the way through for the first time (always caught just the ending). Loved this film. The character Tuco played by Eli Wallach was the best. The film is the classic fun spegetti western. The music and the style of this film is unlike most westerns as you probably already know. Its the last of a trilogy of Clint Eastwood Italian westerns. My only question is about the Lee Van Cleef character "angel eyes". Is he the same character from A FEW DOLLARS MORE or just the same actor playing different roles? If its the same character how can Eastwood kill him off in the third film the way he did?

A FEW DOLLARS MORE (1965) - The second of the Eastwood trilogy directed by Sergio De Leone. It dosn't have that famous sound/music of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY, but its an ok western.

BIG JAKE (1971) - An older John Wayne in a film with a story about a million dollar ransome for Big Jakes grandson and Big Jake being reunited with his family during the process. Not bad.

AUSTIN POWERS: Gold Member - Like most of the critics have already said that the character of Austin Powers is running out of steam, but still some fun moments. Nothing special.

LORD OF THE RINGS: Two Towers -  Seen a 4:15 show with a light crowd earlier this week. First I'd like to mention that I have never read the LORD OF THE RINGS books. Second I remember liking the first film a bit, but it was hard because I couldn't get into the characters let alone the names of the characters. After the movie was over I could barely remember what happened. My main thoughts were that the director Peter Jackson also did DEAD ALIVE and that that was Christopher Lee of Dracula fame with the white beard in the tower. I liked the archer and didn't like Frodo and his furry footed friends. Overall it was ok, but couldn't say much more.

Anyway, about the TWO TOWERS it was slow getting started and wasn't keeping my interest till the siege of the castle then the characters came to life for me. I loved the appearance of the elven archers to help battle that mass of 10,000 orcs and the appearance of the of wizard with the fresh troops. The castle scene makes up for the down time before it and it helps you appreciate the castle battle more in a couple ways. The battle scene also carries this film above the other fantasy film HARRY POTTER.

I still can only remember the names of two of the characters Frodo and Argon. The movie is about 3 hours long.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 01:03:26 PM »

Seen all three: "For a Few Dollars," "For a Few Dollars More," and "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Interestingly enough, the only one of the three that I liked, was the one I saw on television, "For a Few Dollars More."
Do love the Ennio Morricone's theme music from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," though, especially that "wa-wa" harmonica. Though, I like Hugo Montenegro's rendition, better.
If you are a fan of westerns like I am, then see "Big Jake" for the cast, beside other things. Among the western luminaries in it, besides John Wayne, are Richard Boone, Patrick Wayne, Bruce Cabot, Christopher Mitchum, Glen Corbett, John Doucette, Jim Davis, John Agar, Hank Worden, Jerry Gatlin, Chuck Roberson, Maureen O'Hara, and Harry Carey, Jr.
Ethan Wayne, John Wayn'e grandson--typecasting, singer Bobby Vinton, and Bernard Fox also put in an appearance.
Enjoy all.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings 12/25 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.