Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:20 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Curious Questions for you guys « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Curious Questions for you guys  (Read 12012 times)
Flangepart
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2001, 10:38:05 AM »

I'm 45.(Tough age, great Caliber) In my home town Columbus,Ohio. Just down 3c highway from Cleveland,home of Drew Carey, and up from Cincinnati, home of the Reds....please pity Ohio Baseball fans...they try so hard!
Steve.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2001, 01:49:05 PM »

Alisa - you're doomed. If you immerse yourself in B-world, there's no escape. You will never be able to watch a "Mainstream" movie ever again! I blame my grandparents - they used to let me stay up late to watch ye olde Hammer movies. As you've probably guessed I'm from England (Yorkshire) and (thanx to gee whizz) I can reveal that I'm 41. I've had happy viewing since the age of 8.
Abby
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2001, 02:47:28 PM »

I'm 28 for two more weeks. I'm not happy about it, as I've offered at the Bad Movie Planet message board (what's up with BMP's CGI?).
faerieofdeath
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2001, 04:20:36 PM »

I'm 17, from Michigan, and honestly can't say how or when I got started, it just sort of. . . happened.  The first true b-movie I clearly remember seeing was an old Voltron cartoon (on LASER DISC!) at a friend's house, but there must have been some before taht.  Perhaps it's from growing up on Disney, My LIttle Ponies, Thundercats, Power Rangers (the original, none of this Time Force crap), and Monty Python, who knows?
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2001, 06:18:29 PM »

At 49, I was going to say that I was the oldest, but, as I see that there is someone older then me, let me say: "2nd on this board, but 1st in love." And as to where I am from, I am from Fort Worth, Texas, or as we like to say here in Fort Worth: "Where the west begins, and the east peters out." Enjoy
Cosmicman
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2001, 07:35:56 PM »

Nice to know I'm not the oldest one here!  ;)

I'm 46, and you can see where I live by looking at my IP.

Kevin (was never a Boy Scout, but met Criswell once...does that count?)
Fritz
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2001, 07:52:03 PM »

I'm 24 and from Leeds,England. I've been an alcoholic for...ha,ha..

as you can see I'm also very, very funny

:)
Vermin Boy
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2001, 10:26:13 PM »

16, I'm from Templeton, MA. I first got hooked on b-movies when I was 8 and my mom got me a cheapo video of old horror clips hosted by Vincent Price, but I wasn't really addicted until after I became a MSTie, when I was 12.
GeeWhiz
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2001, 02:20:33 PM »

I am starting to get paranoid about being the oldest one who has posted in this thread.  Although it does show that I have always been an early adopter.

Of course, it does sort of play into my messiah complex, too.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2001, 04:49:16 PM »

The structure of Cosmicman's sentence might confuse some people, so let me try to clear some things up. I was a boy scout. For a year, before my parents moved from Rhode Island to California. I have never met Criswell, but I did read a book of his predictions, but, as that was back in the 1960's, I do not remember any of them. Though, it would be interesting to re-read the book, just to see if any them came true. I have my doubts, as his ability as a predictor of future events is somewhat mitigated by his arrest for receiving stolen typewriters. If anyone wants to see what he looks like, he is in Ed Wood's "Plan 9 from Outer Space." And if anyone wants to know more about him, a good place to start is Tim Burton's "Ed Wood" w/ Johnny Depp in the title role and Jeffrey Jones as Criswell. As far as I know, a fairly faithful film to the time and the people, though I doubt Ed Wood ever met Orson Welles outside of the movie. Another reason to see
"Ed Wood" is this is the film that earned Martin Landau a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi. Enjoy
Cosmicman
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2001, 05:02:38 PM »

I was just funnin' with you, re: your nickname "BoyScoutKevin" and the fact that my real name happens to be Kevin.  I wasn't a scout because I never was any good at tying those fancy knots, and the only way I knew how to start a fire was with Ohio Blue Tip matches.  But yeah, I met Criswell in the, er, flesh, back in 1970.  I've never been the same since.  Just ask anyone. ;)

I still have 3 of my old Criswell books, including the one he autographed for me.  My dad and I used to listen to him do a weekly radio program of predictions back then, and it was pretty fun.  Dad and I would look at one another and roll our eyes with great regularity.  And the fellow who opened each show would say, in hushed tones, that Criswell's predictions were "87% correct, 13% of the time."  :)
Vermin Boy
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2001, 07:02:39 PM »

The Onion published a list of his predictions (with their comments) the week he predicted the world would end. Check it out here:
http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3528/avfeature3528.html
Cosmicman
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2001, 09:28:15 PM »

Hey, thanks! :)  I'll have to see if I can scan the photo I took when I met him.
Chris
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2001, 02:08:43 AM »

Hello, i'm 20 and I'm from lame-ass Kansas City. I love all kinds of films, not just b-movies. But my favorite genres would have to be Horror, Drama, Crime-film noir to cop dramas, Thrillers and Cult films.
Stupid jacob
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2001, 09:45:54 AM »

Hey. Am I the youngest one here? Jesus.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Curious Questions for you guys « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.