Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:17:11 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Time, the Place, the Event « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Time, the Place, the Event  (Read 1629 times)
BoyScoutKevin
« on: November 24, 2002, 06:46:58 PM »

The time: Sometime in October, 2003
The place: Somewhere in the U.K.
Event: Celebration of the 15th anniversary of the release of "Lair of the White
              Worm."

Who: fans of the actors, director, and/or film

Possible events: a trivia contest
                                   visits to Gaddesden Place, Knebworth House, and Thor Cave
                                  a "Snakes 'n' Ladder Tournament"
                                    film lectures
                                   a memorial dinner at which everyone comes as their favorite
                                    character from the film
                                   an Amanda Donohoe look-a-like contest for the women and a  
                                    Hugh Grant look-al-ke contest for the men or vice-a-versa
                                   a showing of the film on DVD complete w/ director's comments

Good News, Bad News: since I'll be working with a tour company that specializes
                                                 in individualized, group tours, I can make most of the  
                                                 arrangements. Everyone will have to pay their own way.

What I need from everyone: an expression of interest in possibly attending
                                                          what everyone wants to see and do
                                                        to spread a word to everyone who might want to go
                                                           a reply by the end of the year, to this site or to the      
                                                          e-mail address listed above.

And if there is enough interest, we'll go on from there. If not, thank-you for reading this post.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 09:53:10 PM »

This is an update of the previous message.
We've had someone volunteer to do a lecture on cryptozoology. Anyone else want to lecture on a subject?
We've had someone volunteer to serve on the panel to judge the Amanda Donohoe
look-a-like contest? Anyother volunteers?
We've had a suggestion for a Sammi Davis look-a-like contest, to which I am agreeable. Anyother suggestions for events?
There has been a question about the cost. At this time, I don't know how much it'll cost, but, we'll try to keep it as inexpensive as possible for everyone.
There may be a couple of people coming in from the Netherlands, so a request was made for a central location. I thought about London. Anyother suggestions for a central location?
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 06:57:39 PM »

>Anyother suggestions for events?

Not that I could ever attend or anything, but would a costume contest based on the sacrifice scene near the end of the movie be out of line? :)
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 03:43:29 PM »

No, such a contest would not be out of line. It could come about two ways. Either as part of the Amanda Donohoe, Catherine Oxenberg, and Sammi Davis look-a-like contests. (Maybe we should also have a Peter Capaldi look-a-like contest for the men.) Or, at the memorial dinner at which everyone comes dressed as their favorite character from the film.
And an update to the update. At this time, the tentative place for the event is St,. Margaret's Bed and Breakfast in London. I know this makes it difficult for anyone from North America, who might want to attend, but, I wanted to hold it close to where the film was made.
At this time, the tentaive dates are Saturday, October 11, and Sunday, October 12,.  And maybe Friday, October 10.
There is another volunteer to sit on the panel to judge the Amanda Donohoe look-a-like contest. Anyother volunteers?
There might be a lecture on the history and iconography of horror films and another on a worm cult that existed in the U.K. until about 1928, Anyother lectures?
We would like someone involved with the film to be at the event. Anyone know anyone?
Any questions?Contact me at this messageboard, my web address, or andrews.claudia@aaa-texas.com
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 02:41:27 AM »

>No, such a contest would not be out of line.

Actually, I was being funny, since Amanda Donohoe is almost nude and Catherine Oxenberg is in her underwear.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 04:38:06 PM »

I know you were, JohnL. Still, if someone had the moxie to come as either character from that scene, I don't think it would be out of line. We've actually had a request that Amanda Donohoe be invited to the event. Ken Russell, too. Anyone else know anyone they want to see invited? Enjoy!
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 07:38:43 PM »

A couple of things.
First..I've been coming to this board for a t least a year and a half, and I just NOW figured out your username( I'm a swift one)

Second..I'm not a particular fan of the film(although it is a memorable one) but I'd still be interested in attending, possibly because I live in Bosnia and am in desperate need of entertainment. Keep us posted.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 05:37:37 PM »

Thank you, Deej, for your itnerest. I f you know anyone else that might be interested in attending, please feel free to invite them to attend as well. Of course, I will keep you informed of events as they progress. If you have an e-mail address, you might send it it to andrews.claudia@aaa-texas.com. As she might, later, need to send you some information, as well as need some information from you, as well. Thank-you, again.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Time, the Place, the Event « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.