Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:00:19 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie before dying « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A movie before dying  (Read 6767 times)
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 26, 2002, 03:46:26 AM »

I just found out I have leukemia, and will probably die within 3-6 months. Seriously. Merry Christmas to me. The worst part is all the movies I'll miss. Return Of The King, Matrix 2 &3, Indiana Jones 4, sigh... Anyway, this leads to a question for everyone. Suppose you knew you were going to die, and you had to pick one movie to watch before the Big Sleep. What would it be?

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 06:39:22 AM »

>I just found out I have leukemia, and will probably die within 3-6 months.

That really sucks. Are you going to try treating it?

>Seriously. Merry Christmas to me.

Any of the people with faith on this board want to try and put a positive spin on this?

>Anyway, this leads to a question for everyone. Suppose you knew you were
>going to die, and you had to pick one movie to watch before the Big Sleep. What
>would it be?

No clue. I think I'd want to get out and try as many other things as possible before the end.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 02:19:22 PM »

Please tell us that you're not a fraud like our old friend Josh Patrick.

I'm sure you all remember him.

He was the joker who made a post on this phorum that claimed to have contracted AIDS and then blamed it on his cousin for typing it and then it was discovered that it was all a lie, solely fabricated by him.

I remember how angry everyone was after they had poured out their sympathies to him and then learned the truth.

Are you telling us the truth J.R.?

Seriously, don't f**ck with us.

If it's true, then you know that you have all of our support.

If not.  Well, then it's open season and definitely a permanent banishment from here by Andrew & Co. I'd imagine.

I apologize if I sound a little skeptical but we've already been had once before by the afore mentioned.

I also apologize if this sounds a little unfeeling but give us some details of how you learned of your affliction and the thoughts that are running through your mind about it and how you plan to deal with it.

Josh Patrick ruined it for you if you ARE telling the truth.

It's like when a cop questions you and you're thinking that he's thinking that you're lying.  
He's heard it before so he's reluctant to believe.

In the words of Happy Harry Hard-On, "Remember dear, I can smell a lie like a fart in a car!"

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 02:43:18 PM »

JohnL wrote:
>
> >I just found out I have leukemia, and will probably die
> within 3-6 months.
>

Same thing happened to my Uncle a few months ago.

> >Seriously. Merry Christmas to me.
>
> Any of the people with faith on this board want to try and
> put a positive spin on this?
>

If you believe, you have life eternal.  Plain and simple, no spin needed.

> >Anyway, this leads to a question for everyone. Suppose you
> knew you were
> >going to die, and you had to pick one movie to watch before
> the Big Sleep. What
> >would it be?
>
>

Jaws.  It's my favorite movie of all time.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Scott
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 03:44:19 PM »

J.R. I'm going to take this as you have stated it  and I don't mean anything disrespectful by this post.

The body is so troublesome that it makes life hell,  Someday we will all live without the body and know its opposite which is the eternal body. God has given us the limited, so we can know the unlimited.  Most of all J.R. remember that All Things Exist. If you can imagine it then it exist.. This is the  true faith. Dwell on your eternal qualities of Stillness and Movement which are also qualities of the Creator. They are truely the primal elements from which all things stem.  

We are only strangers to this world and time is brief for all.

About the movies. I'm thinking Robert Deniro in THE MISSION. This is a good film. TOMBSTONE with Holidays friendship with Earp. In essence this brings ultimate meaning to life. Though we don't always find that type of friendship in life we can know that in the Godhood all things are possible. Those who have this faith will find perfect joy one day in the time to come which we call the afterlife.

Here is wishing the best for all of us and especially you my friend J.R.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2002, 04:16:11 PM »

Man thats awful! I hope you treat it or something. Even though i don't know anyone on the board personally, it would be a great loss. I hope you overcome this somehow.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Funk, E.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2002, 04:32:52 PM »

I'm not saying this to be flip or anything, but there are potential benefits to this. First off it's liberating in a way.

My dad always said "plan as if you're going to live forever, but live as if this is your last day on earth." In your case this is the plain truth. I'd say savor what you know to be limited. Leukemia will debilitate you over time so seek every advantage you can. Go skydiving. You've got 6 months to avoid as many "if only I had..." scenarios as possible. Mend the bridges you've burned. Forgive those in your life that your holding grudges against.

Also remember that we're all going to die and none of us were promised x number of years. This is yours. Make the most of it. If you've got a book to write or a project you've been putting off I'd suggest using this ultimate deadline as a motivating force to follow through.

My friend who died of AIDS said "you play the hand that's dealt you." Don't wallow in the affliction. Worship what it has not yet taken.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2002, 04:43:53 PM »

Make it count.

If I could only watch one more movie, it would be Jean-Pierre Jeunet's AMELIE.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2002, 04:52:14 PM »

I really am sick. See, I already had lymphoma a few years ago. I had aggressive chemo, got better and moved on. But, one of the chemo drugs is actually the cause of my new condition. I have to choose within the next few days whether I want treatment or if I want to die naturally. I still have very little chance of survival with chemo, because it depends on finding a donor and whether I can still stand it after the heavy treatment I already got. Sorry to bum everybody out, but it is B-movie related, because movies helped me get through it last time, and I hope they will now.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
Funk, E.
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2002, 05:16:01 PM »

I don't have a movie to suggest but I have a song for you:

"San Jucinto" by  Peter Gabriel
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2002, 06:22:47 PM »

In one of the few moments in life where I've actually said anything serious, you have my deepest sympathies, my friend.  Us B-movie people are a tight-knit group, and even if we don't know each other personally, we take care of our own.  Here you will not be forgotten.
I would probably watch the Evil Dead trilogy, Split Second, and Re-Animator as my final flings in the world of cinema, and to rip off Funk E., I have a song to recommend as well.  "Song for the Road" by Tanglefoot.  It's a beautiful lyric and I think you would enjoy it.

Brother R
Scott
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2002, 11:14:51 PM »

Actually I thin I would watch all ABBOTT and COSTELLO movies and tv shows. I could watch them over and over again. They always hit the right spot for me.
D
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2002, 12:02:43 AM »

Hey man.
 For your question, I would recomind Cowboy Bebop (movie or series) or Wild Zero. On a personal note, I can't think of anything to say, other than that I'm sorry. I've noticed that you usually had a response to my posts (even the ones that went a little off topic) and I wish I could do something to make everything better. This might sound trite, but just go out there and have no regrets. Just do the things you have always wanted to do, and never let any of the bastards get you down.
D
Chris K.
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2002, 12:43:53 AM »

THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
DEAD ALIVE
BAD TASTE
RE-ANIMATOR
GHOST WARRIOR
FRANKENSTEIN VS. BARAGON

Even though they are on a horror/sci-fi basis, they are nonetheless fun and will give you a great amount of enjoyment on that final day.
Chris K.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2002, 12:46:19 AM »

THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
DEAD ALIVE
BAD TASTE
RE-ANIMATOR
GHOST WARRIOR
FRANKENSTEIN VS. BARAGON

Even though they are on a horror/sci-fi basis, they are nonetheless fun and will give you a great amount of enjoyment on that final day. But if you are only going to watch one out of the list, then I do recommend FRANKENSTEIN VS. BARAGON. It's enjoyable, entertaining, and oh-so much fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie before dying « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.