Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:41:10 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Post-Apocalypse movie title search... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post-Apocalypse movie title search...  (Read 892 times)
Mike
« on: January 02, 2003, 04:08:21 PM »

Alright folks, we've been racking our brains trying to think of the title to this movie.  I'm going to give as detailed a description as I can, so bear with me.

Might be Australian, not really sure.  All I know is there's a family of four who have survived a neutron bomb blast, so they're the only people around.  The nearby town buildings have all survived, that's where they scavenge their supplies.  There's also a cannabalistic motorcycle gang cruising around, however.  They play "chicken" with each other, with the loser becoming Sunday dinner.  Their leader is called "BIGMAN", and has his name in 4" letters on the back of his jacket.  The gang eventually invades the family's home, they fight, etc.

Any guesses as to the title of this flick?  Would make a great addition to our 'move night' collection.  Any help would be appreciated.
The Strange German
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 04:29:06 PM »

Ha, I can answer one (actually, I just picked this one up from the "garbage bin" of my video store three weeks ago)...

The flick is called "Survival Zone" and is a South African production (in Germany it is also known as "1994"). Starring Gary Lockwood (yep, that "2001" Gary Lockwood) and Zoli Marki - it's the living proof that you can actually make cheaper (and worse) "Mad-Max"-rip offs than the Italians did... (it seems to be available as a R2-DVD in the UK, so you might want to check out some British retailers).

cheers
Markus
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 05:23:12 PM »

"Survival Zone" is at my local Hollywood Video for rent.  Looks like I'll pick it up next time I'm there :)

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Strange German
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 06:34:39 PM »

Go for it :-) It's trash with a capital T.

I'm quite sure that your version will at least contain some violence (as usual for this kind of film, the German version is heavily edited for your viewing pleasure - if I believe what the IMDB says, it misses twelve minutes - I suppose that some stuff happens in this missing minutes, as not really much happens in the 78 minutes we we are allowed to see).

Watch for a real depressing performance by Lockwood, some fella called Morgan Stevens (sort of a poor man's Marc Singer) playing the hero "Adam Strong" (why, he's blonde, of course), some pathetic narration (at least in the German version) and real stupid dialogue (at least in the German version, but I really don't think it's more clever in English).

Cheers
Markus
Mike
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2003, 08:17:47 PM »

Okay, thanks folks.  I guess I was kinda hoping against hope that this would be available somewhere....IMDB sez it's on VHS, in Britain.  Lucky me.  However, I'm not taking a ride on the Concorde any time soon for this one.  Mad Max IV, maybe.  But not this.

Thanks again guys!  You're good....almost TOO good. : )
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Post-Apocalypse movie title search... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.