Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:54:13 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Never again « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Never again  (Read 3624 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2002, 07:34:30 PM »

welp, there were Australians in Vietnam, as well. Not important. I don't remember EVER seeing any film deny the participation of any of the host of nations involved in WWII. I remember the French, English, and Americans being well represented in The Longest Day, also a good deal of multi-nationalism in A Bridge Too Far.
Films like Private Ryan and (God help us) Windtalkers focus on American units, are geared toward American audiences, financed and produced by American companies, therefore......the cast is American. Make a film focusing on an English unit and cast it with...oh I dunno...Englishmen...I'd buy a ticket!
And hey, at least the participation of the Brits was well represented in films like Braveheart, The Patriot, Michael Collins, and The Charge of the Light Brigade!! Lot's of Brits in those flicks. Regardless, at least we agree on the Josh Hartnett/Chris Klein thing. See, there can be world peace. 'Kay

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2002, 09:56:31 PM »

>and the hero is so angry and worked up he empty a gun into the corpse and
>blurts out, "Making sure!"

That was done in Scream II.

Movies I'd like to ban;

Any film where all the problems are solved with either dance or music.

I'd also like to ban clip-shows on TV, where the characters sit around and have flashbacks to past episodes. Thankfully, you don't see those too much anymore.
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2002, 10:17:20 PM »

But for example, in 'Saving Private Ryan' the squad travel a great distance across France after the D-Day landings. No, there shouldn't be any other nationalities in the squad, it's an American squad, but at no point in the film, not during the landings and not during their lengthy journey and final battle do you see an allied soldier who is not American.
*****  The Americans in Saving Private Ryan were supposed to be at the southern end of the Cherbourg Peninsula.  Check your history books for maps, Utah and Omaha beaches were the two westernmost.  Americans were brought into the American beaches and moved from there.  The Brits were moving in from the eastern beaches.  The area in which the action in Saving Private Ryan took place was an area in which the allied forces would have been almost exclusively American.  This was completely factual and accurate.  If you want to complain about Saving Private Ryan, you should bemoan the absence of Poles in German uniforms and the fact that NOT ONE PLANE FLEW OVER UNTIL THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE MOVIE.

All that said, the Longest Day was a far more interesting movie because of its multinational viewpoints.  If, as a Brit, you want to get p**sed at Hollywood, it really ought to be over U-571.  Egad!

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
wheresthecarrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2002, 10:24:09 PM »

I like clip shows, the one sienfeld did before the ladt episode was better than the last episode.

I'm sick of movies where no one knows who the killer is.  Wouldn't it be scarier if everyone knew who the killer is, but he somehow managed to avoid defeat until the end?

I'm also upset with people who are completely unskill3d winning....such as (one of the best worst films ever, "Red Dawn."  How did a young kurt russel and a bunch of ruffians living in the woods conquer a bunch of heavilly armed russian soldiers?  (as a side note, why dd the ruissians decide to attack a tiny podunk town in middle america?).

also, no more, "I love you, now I hate you, but we make up just in time for the movie to be over and there is much crying."  This doesn't happen nearly as much as one would think.

also, no more "I'm terribly lost but somehow find my way home stories."

and no more "rags to riches stories" like pretty woman.  businessmen do not marry prostitutes.  it just isnt done.

o.k., i think im done now

"Anybody want a peanut?"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 10:27:23 PM »

Not to upset people on the board who are writers or who fancy themselves writers, but I HATE it when the main character of a movie is a writer.  Writers are in and of themselves really dull.  Seeing a writer as a main character in a movie tells me that the person who wrote the movie lacks the creativity and life experience to make a realistic character who is not like them.  It also can be a sign that the movie's writer has a pretty inflated view of him or herself.  Writers as main characters almost never work.  The only exceptions that really come to mind are some of Steven King's works and "The Russians Are Coming."

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
D
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2002, 01:59:37 AM »

How about showing people from the South as inbred twits? Not everyone down there wears overalls and lusts after their cousins.
J.R.
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2002, 03:50:58 AM »

Any sequel where the actor who played the hero either refused to return or died, so they're replaced with a supporting character or their brother or son.

I also hate it when main characters are writers. I think it's an excuse for the person to have adventures, because of the "flexible hours". It's like, "I'm a writer,", and it's never mentioned again.

And NO MORE main characters in sitcoms who are sports writers. If TV is to be believed, it's an easy profession to get into. Also, like in movies, it excuses their being home all the time.

~I cried because I no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet. I killed him and made shoes out of his skin.~
akiratubo

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2002, 03:57:52 AM »

I'd do away with Tough Cops On the Edge Who Don't Play By the Rules.

I'd also do away with all those ludicrously high ranking people under 30 years of age that crop up in movies.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Susan
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2002, 07:47:41 PM »

One cliche I always hated, when the bad guy or monster is allegedly dead and someone sighs a relief and steps near them and..they GRAB THEIR ANKLE!
Can't we just kill the bad guy the first time, does there always have to be a second death just to scare the audience? (especially since it's so predictable now)

Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2003, 11:30:32 AM »

How to make the ankle grab work for ya: The bad guy/monster grabs the guys leg...and its a wooden leg.. Beast sinks fangs in it...gets a startled look on his face, then the hero says,"oops?", and blows him away.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Funk, E.
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2003, 07:17:39 PM »

I'm just sick and tired of Speilberg. In reality I wish the man no ill will, but if it's the only way to stop him from making movies I'd wish he'd die already! grumble, grumble.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Never again « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.