Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:44:31 AM
714519 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Main Character Has Your Name « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Main Character Has Your Name  (Read 1816 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 06, 2003, 09:31:12 AM »

I'm sure all of us has watched a film where either the main or supporting character has the same name as you.

My real name is Jamey.

I bought "The Pit" because of this.
Even though it sucked.

"Jingle All the Way" is another.  
I thought it was hilarious hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger saying my name in that Austrian accent over & over again.  
(can you hear him saying it in your head?)

Name ONE OR TWO films that pop into your mind where this applies and how it amused you.

(P.S.  rattling off a long list of films annoys me and probably others as well.....it's those types of posts that I do not read and quickly cycle through in order to find the REALLY GOOD ONES.  Please, for the love of God, DO NOT give us a laundry list of movies!!!)

Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 03:11:55 PM »

As far as I know there has never been a cool character called Pete in any film ever. The only character called Pete that comes to mind was a boyfriend of Monica's in 'Friends' for about hallf a series.

Pete
Perk
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 03:39:36 PM »

My real name is Jason and I can't think of any movies where the main character has my name. :)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 04:00:34 PM »

Wait, you don't think PETE'S DRAGON is a totally cool movie?

Anyway, my name is Rob Steele.  Nobody ever uses Robert for a main character's name, except A LIFE LESS ORDINARY.

There is that James Bond rip off ROD STEELE, which is pretty damn close to my name.

I also have a movie called STEELE JUSTICE, starring the bad karate teacher from KARATE KID.  His name is John Steele, which is my uncle's name.

I also get a kick out of the fact that the guy with the "cool name" that Homer meets when he's Max Power is named Trent Steele.

So. . . Robert, common name, rarely used.  Steele, uncommon name, also rarely used.  Now if some movie uses Mofo Rising, then I got a lawsuit.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that Bob Steele was a popular cowboy actor in the 30's.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Lancer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 04:00:55 PM »

My real name is Jason and I can't think of any movies where the main character has my name.

Friday the 13th movies... is a good start... :D

My sisters husband is name Frank... So I played "Blue Valvet" (a movie he never seen) anyway it have the best line we ever heard... "Why is there people like, Frank?"

:D
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 04:36:50 PM »

My real name is Bryan Clark.  To my knowledge, there hasn't been a movie whose hero has that name.  There is a sound technician from the Colin Baker years of Doctor Who with the same name, but his is spelled Brian.

Brother R
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 04:49:49 PM »

I totally fogot about 'Pete's Dragon'! I haven't seen that since I was ickle, used to love that film. Cheers Mofo!

Pete
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 05:47:18 PM »

My name is Oscar, so the two obvious ones are The Odd Couple and Sesame Street. It also seems to be a popular name for tough, fat supporting characters (The Story of Ricky and Future War come to mind). Oh, yeah, and I'm pretty sure I was named after a PA from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (my mom was scanning credits for viable baby names).

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 05:51:29 PM »

Oscar was the six million dollar man's boss, too.  Man whoever came up with the title for that show and thought it was an impressive figure doesn't know much about government budgeting.

After Karate Kid was released, some of my less favorite family members and acquaintances called me "Daniel-san" for like five years.

"Oooh!  Wax on, Daniel-san!"

"Yeah-heh-heh, wax this you fu..."

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Funk, E.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2003, 05:52:47 PM »

The main character in the first Crow movie was named Eric.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2003, 06:27:08 PM »

The wrestler formerly known in WCW as Wrath's real name is Bryan Clarke...FYI...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2003, 06:29:28 PM »

Pete, are you forgetting about the greatness of Bill Murray's character in Ghostbusters, ie. PETE Venkman?!

How many movie heroes/characters have the name "Andrew"? I can't think of any off the top of my head...

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2003, 06:32:43 PM »

I suppose there are some characters in movies named "James", but that's enough of a generic name that it never gets my attention when I hear it

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

My first name is Michael.
You can see where THAT one's been abused!
That Myers guy...both of them! I keep haveing visions of a comedian in a mask with a knife....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2003, 06:49:46 PM »

I had forgotten about Pete Venkman too. My memories not what it used to be. Especially seen as Venkman was my work nickname for like 5 months. Duh me.

Pete the Forgetful
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Main Character Has Your Name « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.