Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:45:34 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween: Resurrection « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halloween: Resurrection  (Read 943 times)
Scott
« on: January 20, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION. The film isn't that good. I liked the beginning and the end alittle, but everything in between was junk. Even the beginning wasn't that good. They make is so that Micheal Myers wasn't really the one who had his head cut off in the previous film. I thought this didn't help. Also the end is kinda expected, but ok. They tried to do a FEAR TV show with a BLAIR WITCH kinda camera feel inside Micheal Myers house and at the end his house burns down. This also is a mistake in my opinion. Maybe it opens the door for something new for Myers, but it also closes the door to what already worked.

The 3 Mistakes:

1)Revealing Myers as not having had his head chopped off in the previous film.
That moment in H2O was really good just before his head came off.

2)The Killing off Jamie Lee Curtiss. Curtiss makes it interesting. Really miss Donald Pleasant also.

3)The burning of the Myers home. The house is part of Micheal Myers.
TC
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 01:54:36 PM »

I thought the movie was typical of the Hollywood horror crap that gets churned out these days.  No suspense, no interesting characters that I could root for, and a host of other things that annoyed me -

1)  Killing off Jamie Lee Curtis.  Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they brought her back in the next one, claiming she didn't die.  Continuity doesn't seem to be a big concern for the makers of these movies.

2)  Having it be the ambulance driver who got his head chopped off in H20, instead of Michael.  I remember thinking, when I first saw H20, that that was probably how they would manage to bring Michael back in the next movie.  It's a very stupid plot device though.  I guess I'm supposed to assume that even though the ambulance driver couldn't talk, he wouldn't be able to remove the mask on his head or anything else before Jamie Lee lopped his head off.  Michael acts like a retarded killing machine in every other scene, but here he manages to pull off a Mission Impossible style costume change.  Good thing no one noticed the paramedic with a screwed up face walking around.

3)  The whole Deckerd storyline was retarded in my opinion.  As a substitute teacher, I know how dumb teenagers can be, but I find it hard to believe they would just sit there and watch, and give the chick directions.    

4) Busta Rhymes was just plain awful.  Everybit of dialogue uttered from his mouth sounded just horribly horribly bad.  And his end monologue about how Michael is not a soundbite or whatever the hell he was babbling on about was just dumb.

5)  The guy setting up the cameras in the building is killed off when it's still daylight while talking to Vanessa Williams, but yet when it comes to the shoot at night, she doesn't apparently wonder where he went.  Neither Vanessa or Busta mentions him.

And so much more....I guess I'm just crazy when I expect my movies to treat me like I'm intelligent...
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 08:23:03 PM »

>Vanessa Williams

Tyra Banks
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween: Resurrection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.