Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:51 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ed Norton « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ed Norton  (Read 891 times)
Scottie
« on: January 13, 2003, 10:58:17 PM »

Up front, I will say that I love all of his work. I think of the few good movies that have come out in the past few years, he has somehow been a part of, or directly influenced it. But I am here now to bring light to something that has acted like a stray dog to me: I try to keep putting it off, but it keeps on coming back. I've noticed that in the past few years leading up to now, Edward Norton seems to be turning more and more into Robert Deniro. Is it me? Does someone else see the similarities? I especially see it in the physical attributes: the goatee, the lines of his face; and now with 25th Hour out, he's starting to follow the same kind of movie trends. Don't get me wrong, this is a GOOD thing, but does anybody else see that similarities too?

-Scottie-
Skaboi
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 01:08:43 AM »

I had never noticed the similarites until I just read this post.  I think you might be onto something.  I've followed Ed Norton's work since American History X and have found him to be a fantastic actor, especially in the phenomenal Fight Club.  He also has Deniro's natural comic ability as well.  His performance in Death To Smoochy was spot on.  Looks like we might have another superstar on our hands....although I could never see him as Jimmy Conway. :)
Evan3
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 02:41:59 PM »

Honestly, I think Ed Norton is the best and most versatile actor out now (followed by Tom Cruise) and the coolest actor since Gregory Peck. You know, Norton did  a movie called The Score with Robert DeNiro. So, if you think there is a similarity, just rent that movie and tell me what you thinjk. It is a great movie and Norton as usual steals the show.
I also notice though that Norton loves having split personalities. In three movies, Primal Fear (his best one yet), The Fight Club, and The Score, his character has an alter Ego. Why is this? But it is nioce to see that other people have seen Edward Norton's immense acting ability. He is truly great.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 10:49:15 PM »

I absolutely love Death To Smoochy. So f**ked up, so incredibly great. SMOOCH HEIL~!

Edward Norton is one of, if not, THE most versatile actor(s) in Hollywood today. Can't say I see a DeNiro resemblance, aside from how damn great he is, but I also admit to not seeing much of DeNiro's earlier work.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Molly
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 02:28:49 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the resemblance.  I saw it on The Score but didn't really think much of it till this post..
Susan
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 10:45:05 PM »

Unlike many actors who always seem to take teh same "safe" parts, he has had a more diverse platter with roles ranging from a nazi skinhead in "american history x" to a somewhat nerdy guy singing in "Everyone says I love you". I think of his movies the only dissapointment was "red dragon". His role felt oddly bland. Didn't help that I wasn't overly impressed with the film anyhow but it just wasn't the kind of role I expected from him. Too mainstream I guess. So few young actors today actually posess talent over popularity. I just hope he doesn't follow deniro in stereotyping himself into parts.

Evan3
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2003, 07:41:37 PM »

DeNiro seems to be getting out of the action tough ass trend and into the Im a comedian trend. Bad move in my opinion.

Ed Norton is very diverse and I hope he does become more Mainstream (like Red Dragon and Keeping the Faith) so people will start mentioning him over Leonardo DiCaprio.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ed Norton « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.