Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:57 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does it suck to rent DVDs for you as well? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does it suck to rent DVDs for you as well?  (Read 1839 times)
raj
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2003, 12:13:42 PM »

Hmm, we rented Spidey over Christmas and it had a problem of not playing at one point, I think it was when he was in his room, just discovering his spider powers.  There didn't seem to be a scratch on the disc, my guess is it just happened to be defective at that point.  Doing chapter select, and backing up to the point worked well.  It is amazing that people generally don't take care of things that aren't theirs; I work in a library and see it all the time.
The Strange German
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2003, 03:03:38 PM »

As a matter of fact, about 75 % of my DVD collection is RC1 (or RC3) and obtained from amazon or CDUniverse for exactly those reasons (I pat myself on the shoulder every day for buying a codefree player) - it's a bit problematic because of the custums regulations (friggin' import tax, I could whine about it 24 hours a day, but I just changed my shopping behaviour to many small orders instead of just a few big ones), but generally I can live with that as long as I'm able to purchase stuff like Children of the Living Dead in all its, cough-cough, glory (and I heartily agree with all folks here - it's really the saddest excuse for a zombie film I've ever seen).

cheers
Markus
StatCat
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2003, 05:43:17 PM »

Scratches on any cd or dvd are one of my biggest pet peeves. Generally you can tell a person is careless or not just by viewing their collections. I have never rented a dvd and I really don't plan to either I just buy what I'm interested in. Sometimes you'll even buy brand new dvds that have a scratch on them. I noticed this happening more often with dvds especially than say some other disc format like a cd or video game for some reason.
Funk, E.
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2003, 06:12:43 PM »

That's really strange because we do the Netflix thing all the time and the DVDs we get from them are always in really great shape... I hope they stay in business.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 06:38:49 PM »

Yeesh.
Glad i'm not alone here. I get a lot of Columbus Public Library dvds, and if they've been in circulation too long, Strange German, its the same thing. The one place the Tomb Raider dvd just would not losen up, was just as Lara Croft put it terminaly to the bad guy Arrgh!
Hey, my taxs pay for this stuff, you schlubs....grow up! Treat the dvd's right!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does it suck to rent DVDs for you as well? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.