Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:40:30 PM
714408 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you just hate « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies you just hate  (Read 6023 times)
Perk
« on: January 22, 2003, 08:41:01 PM »

I am taking a film class this quarter at shool and we were watching Citizen Kane and someone in the class said how much they hated the movie.  The  the next week we watched Rashomon and someone else expressed their absolute loathing of the movie just because they didn't like the ending.This got me to thinking what is a movie that you just hate.  I'm not talking about movies that you didn't understand but movies that you loathe so much that you will never ever consider watching them again.

I wasted 5 dollars on watching 3 Strikes and that movie was beyong terrible.  After it was over I threatened my "friend"  who insisted on us watching it.  That year he dropped out of school and finally decided to come and visit me this year.

Another movie that I hate is The Talented Mr. Rip Off... I mean Ripley (a side movie we can choose to view in our class).  It seemed to me as if everyone in the movie was a gigantic moron.  Maybe it's because I'm blind but I think I would have been able to  tell Tom from Dickey especially when looking at a photo ID.  Hell I get questioned when I show my ID to people and it's actually me on it.

O and then there is the dreaded Carnival of Souls (Wes Craven edition).  I hate this movie so bad that I didn't watch acob's Ladder for a whole year because it reminded me of this putrid thing.  

So qwhat are some movies you guys hate
BryceDavid
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 09:35:24 PM »

I hate the following:

Armageddon.
Godzilla (98).
Lethal Weapon 2 (don't ask).
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 09:46:40 PM »

Satans Storybook- I don't think I can say enough about this except Thank God for meds and therapy.
Any of the Austin Power films- I have tried to watch it

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

K-Sonic
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 09:48:10 PM »

yeah....Godzilla 1998. An absolute insult to anyone's senses. Stupid story, stupid characters, stupid music..........I HATE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funk, E.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 09:50:22 PM »

Anything by Spielberg, f**king formulaic manipulative hack
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 10:06:18 PM »

The Matrix
The General's Daughter

I'm tempted to say Giant Iguana '98 as well but it was merely incredibly bad, it didn't p**s me off and leave me with lingering malice toward it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr. .
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 12:17:57 AM »

ANYTHING with Jeff Goldblum
or Capricorn One with Elliot Gould I really hate him too.

"Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should."

-Tom Servo

Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 12:23:12 AM »

Lost Souls.  Hey you f**kING PRETENTIOUS FRENCH f**k, PUT AND ENDING ON YOUR MOVIE NEXT TIME!!! YOU CAN'T JUST SHOOT THE DEVIL IN THE HEAD AND BE DONE WITH IT!!!  AAAAAARRRGH!

In other news, I liked Elliot Gould in MASH, and I don't hate Godzilla 98 because I consider it a remake of Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, and as such, it works.  It's still not great, but it works.

Brother R
Creepozoid
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 12:27:05 AM »

GODZILLA '98 is art compared to any othe movie bearing that title.
Steve B
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2003, 12:30:33 AM »

Hey Perk...I go to OSU too...what year are ya?
Perk
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2003, 12:33:43 AM »

Man how could I foget about Lost Souls.  I was hyped for that movie and then out of nowhere I see it and then its over with the gun shot to the head.  I was sittting in the theatre hoping that something else would happen after the credits were over.. No dice.

Steve B wrote:
>
> Hey Perk...I go to OSU too...what year are ya?

Senior.  Graduating in spring (hopefully :>)
Steve B
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2003, 12:34:39 AM »

Oh yeah...movies I hate:

Werewolf (that's the title)...oh god, did that suck!!  and anything with a s**tty social commentary to it...(can't think of specifics, but you know they're out there)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2003, 12:57:07 AM »

I hate Robert Altman.(and therefore all of his movies)..there, I said it. Everyone is always on about how he's a genius and a groundbreaking filmmaker. Maybe, but he bores the absolute p**s out of me. I think he's aboring tit. I liked MASH though.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Neville

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2003, 06:44:12 AM »

I share your hate for Altman, Deej. I think he's way too overrated, but I think he is actually talented. I really enjoyed "The gingerbread man", that Grisham movie all the critics despise because it is commercial and his worst film ever. I found it witty and excellently directed, despite its silly script.

My personal hate would be Chuck Norris. There's not a single film of his I have enjoyed at all, he can't act and the... uhm... content beyond the action is often  sickening.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2003, 10:51:34 AM »

Nadja

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you just hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.